Innovative Staff Solutions Reviews

Updated 20 Apr 2021

3.5
Innovative Staff Solutions President & Founder Wayne Meinhart  (no image)
Wayne Meinhart
Pros
  • "Excellent growth opportunities, great work environment and great place to expand your professional and personal development(in 4 reviews)

• "Very close to home, always learning something new, challenging atmosphere, great co-workers, and fast-paced environment(in 2 reviews)

• Cons
  • "12 an hour is a slap in the face for all the hard work internal staffing agents do to keep the entire business up and running(in 2 reviews)

• "ISS consistently has over 50% internal turnover - I know this because its in every yearly conference(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Staffing

20 Apr 2021 - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The coworker I work with

Cons

The micromanagement of senior management

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Up and Coming Company

11 Mar 2021 - Call Center Representative in Mattoon, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of growth thru departments

Cons

Insurance is a tad expensive

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

A good temp agency

30 Dec 2020 - General Production Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

The staff was always very helpful and positive

Cons

It is a temp agency so the benefits/pay are not as good as a full time hired on employees, as full time hire is the goal

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Do not accept a position with this company for internal hire

15 Apr 2020 - Staffing Specialist in Mattoon, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

None to speak of - this company does not value their employees

Cons

Pretty much everything. ISS consistently has over 50% internal turnover - I know this because its in every yearly conference. If someone makes it a year there, it's impressive. ISS has very poor standards in regards to paying their internal employees for what they are really worth. $12 an hour is a slap in the face for all the hard work internal staffing agents do to keep the entire business up and running. Very poor incentives if you do make a hiring decision - a couple bucks here and there IF the employee stays at the client for any length of time, which by the way is unlikely. No opportunities for advancement, although it is always highly encouraged to apply for senior positions, upper management always finds a reason not to pay you the extra dollar or two. Overall, a terrible place to work - find another position to apply to.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

I enjoyed my experience and gained professional skills

15 Apr 2020 - Career Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot about the staffing industry and gained valuable insight.

Cons

There weren’t any cons. There were many times overtime was needed but I was happy to do it.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee

This isn't the job your looking for

29 Oct 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clients and flex employees only

Cons

So much......first off... inconsistent management. Constantly changing requiments and expectations of their employees. Lots of favoritism especially if you work in corporate office. Trust me....this isn't the career you are searching for. You are looking for a job you will love......keep looking. They have very high internal turnover. So if your looking to advance then this is definitely the job because there is plenty of openings......cough, cough.....there is reasons for all the openings. Just trust me...keep looking.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company that offers the pay you deserve!

2 Oct 2019 - Executive Assistant in Mattoon, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, work-life balance, fast-paced, stable workload, and friendly coworkers

Cons

No cons. Love this place.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people to work for

29 Jan 2020 - Executive Assistant in Decatur, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

My assignment ended due to me being in the hospital, but innovative assured me once im healed they will help me find work.

Cons

The temporary assignments aren't that great

9. 3.0

Decent company but micromanages

3 Feb 2020 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse company with the motivation to drive to be better

Cons

Tends to micromange and only cater to those in executive positions

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's unfortunate that I am giving a 1 star. Company has went downhill.

8 Oct 2019 - Staffing Specialist in Nashville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn about staffing, gain HR experience, looks good on resume. I've met some really great talented people through this company.

Cons

When I first started, I loved my job. I invested 4 years into what I thought was going to be my career and boy I couldnt have been more wrong. This company will back you into corners, make false promises, and throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. They presume that they are all about their employees, but they are really just in it for the money and new clients. They used to focus on quality instead of quantity, but they are becoming no better than the rest of the staffing agencies. I wanted to grow in this company until I started to see how overloaded and run down the managers and ops department got. There is no life-work balance here, and I've been told many many times that "you cannot leave until we have x amount of interviews or cold calls." I've also been told that I should be kept awake at night thinking of different ways to advertise for this company. Turnover has been absolutely ridiculous internally within the past 2 years and theres a reason for it. No consistancy with anything that is done. You get used to one manager, and another one comes in and tells you that you've been doing it wrong this entire time. I absolutely do not recommend working for this company. If you're a dedicated, hard working, never miss any days type of employee and want to grow in the company.. run. You might be able to climb here, but the stress will tear you apart. Accept a position at your own risk.

5 people found this review helpful