Innovative Staff Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Innovative Staff Solutions Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

3.7
Innovative Staff Solutions CEO Wayne Meinhart  (no image)
Wayne Meinhart
  1. "Great company that offers the pay you deserve!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Mattoon, IL

I have been working at Innovative Staff Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, work-life balance, fast-paced, stable workload, and friendly coworkers

Cons

No cons. Love this place.

Advice to Management

My advice is to keep doing what you are currently doing. I constantly feel motivated to do better and any time I have a question or concern you make it a priority.

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-10-02
  2. "Save yourself the trouble"

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Nashville, IL

I worked at Innovative Staff Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Develop interpersonal skills Improving general HR and office skills

Cons

If you're interested in giving your life to a company that doesn't bother to care about you then here it is. Be ready to be belittled and constantly scrutinized over small details then have accusing fingers down your throat over small mistakes. Also get ready to give up any free time because you could be called in at any minute becaue your boss cant be bothered to show up on time. Don't expect the same treatment... from them as they demand from you. Expect snarky comments and constantly being reminded you're below them. Prepare for the never knowing if you're doing will in your job because they wont bother to tell you. Youll have to guess when yup ur failing or have upset them because you will get dirty looks, vague comments, and general statements made at everyone. When you have a problem expect to have your concerns ignored and brushed off when you bring it up again. Be ready for petty managers who would rather giggle all day, refuse to help you while your drowning in work, then leave early because their home life is more important than yours and they will make that very clear. Over all you can expect poor treatment all around and not enough compensation for it.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Internal turnover is almost impressively high. Stop passing it off as bad hires to keep allowing your bad OPS and local managers to run good employees into the ground. Stop giving the impression this is a, caring for the community family run company only to put unrealistic expectations on your employees then require them to ask permission to go home for the day. This company continues to expect more and... more from employees while keeping them at a wage that might seem fine during the beginning, but you soon realize is not nearly enough to compensate the amount of work you do, and the amount of children you put up with.

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-10-11

"It's unfortunate that I am giving a 1 star. Company has went downhill."

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Nashville, IL

I worked at Innovative Staff Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learn about staffing, gain HR experience, looks good on resume. I've met some really great talented people through this company.

Cons

When I first started, I loved my job. I invested 4 years into what I thought was going to be my career and boy I couldnt have been more wrong. This company will back you into corners, make false promises, and throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. They presume that they are all about their employees, but they are really just in it for the money and new clients. They used to focus on quality instead of quantity, but... they are becoming no better than the rest of the staffing agencies. I wanted to grow in this company until I started to see how overloaded and run down the managers and ops department got. There is no life-work balance here, and I've been told many many times that "you cannot leave until we have x amount of interviews or cold calls." I've also been told that I should be kept awake at night thinking of different ways to advertise for this company. Turnover has been absolutely ridiculous internally within the past 2 years and theres a reason for it. No consistancy with anything that is done. You get used to one manager, and another one comes in and tells you that you've been doing it wrong this entire time. I absolutely do not recommend working for this company. If you're a dedicated, hard working, never miss any days type of employee and want to grow in the company.. run. You might be able to climb here, but the stress will tear you apart. Accept a position at your own risk.

Advice to Management

You try to invest in your employees well being, but all you're really doing is ignoring the fact that 75% of your Ops team is unhappy and its trickling down to the face of your company who is in the field. Putting pressure on your employees without any incentives or encouragement is going to cost you. For the amount of work that is done, you should think about raising your wages for staffing specialists, and... really dig deep into why people are leaving. There. Is. Too. Much. Internal. Gossip. And. Drama!

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-10-09
  4. "My experience was horrible."

I worked at Innovative Staff Solutions

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

They lie about hours, force you out if injured and are sexist.

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-09-19
  5. "Steer Clear of this Company!"

Former Employee - Career Agent in Mattoon, IL

I worked at Innovative Staff Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, there weren't too many Pros about working here. It made me miserable. I only stayed for 2 years so I didn't look like a job hopper - worst job I've ever had.

Cons

Tons of favoritism, no prospects of moving up, turnover rate is over 50% here - its rare if internal employees stay more than one year, compensation is horrible and is not based on any tiers - just what they think you'll accept, only received a $0 .25 cent raise in 2 years, benefits are terrible - they chose a plan that you cant even use at SBL. No work/life balance since employees would use the textus app to call... in, and you were expected to get replacements at all hours of the night, they do a great job putting up a front that they value their employees but the owners just care about making money. I managed a client of 50+ people and was only paid $12/hr, while the employees I hired made more than myself. I came into this job with a BA from EIU only to make so little. Do not work here, no matter how desperate you are for an office job.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, and maybe your turnover rate wouldn't be over 50% - obviously you have a problem if everyone cant even make it over 1 year there.

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-08-09
  6. "Good, but always room for improvement"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator

Pros

No weekends. Decent Pay. Great working environment.

Cons

I feel like my voice is not heard sometimes. I think that there also needs to be more consistency throughout the whole company. Due to the way messages are put in. Also the way with some employees mainly manager can disregard company policies with how they talk to people and everyone shrugs their shoulders and says that is just how they are, but let someone with a lower job title do those things on accident and... there is a write up. I do not think somethings are fair. They also classify On-sites as managers only when it is convenient for them to be a manager, but do not get the manager perks when it does not convenience them. For example, an On-site is requesting the same day off as a manager in the same region as a Manager at a different location, now they are both classified as managers and only one gets that day off, but when it comes to the perks that managers get like doing things that are a little shiner then they are not considered management. I feel like they need to make up their minds. Also something needs to be done about the way the time off rules are. It is just ridiculous, because it might work for one region, but the region I am in it does not. It is not really fair.

Advice to Management

The higher ups in the corporate office should really listen to their employees. I feel like they just listen to say they heard us, but do not really care what we have to say because ultimately it is going to be how they want it done. We have so many locations and just cause it works that way one place does not mean it works at another location.

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-07-02
  7. "Amazing People! Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Peru, IL

Pros

Friendly staff helps you learn everything you need to know to do your best job possible.

Cons

So far I've yet to see any downsides to this family owned company.

Advice to Management

More internal communication is needed.

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-02-01
  8. "Amazing family oriented company!"

Current Employee - On-site Assistant Manager in Terre Haute, IN

Pros

no weekends, good pay, excellent training

Cons

none that I have found yet in comparison to previous jobs

Advice to Management

Keep growing!!

Innovative Staff Solutions2019-01-02
  9. "Helpful Staff!"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Mattoon, IL

Pros

*Everyone is very helpful and accommodating *Family owned *Involved in the community

Cons

Shockingly I have nothing bad about to say about this company. Even during stressful times things seem to go smoothly.

Advice to Management

Keep what you are doing, take feedback from employees to help improve.

Innovative Staff Solutions2018-12-03
  10. "Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Pros

Asking the staff to be the light, their focus on accountability, and integrity and community service

Cons

Not being able to take as much time as I'd like with each person I interview just because it is so fast-paced, however I LOVE that it is fast-paced! :)

Innovative Staff Solutions2018-12-03