Instart Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 165 reviews

3.7
Instart CEO Sumit Dhawan
Sumit Dhawan
Pros
  • "Cool technology, great team, great customer base & bright future(in 15 reviews)

• "Free lunch 3x a week, flexible schedule to work from home(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "We have the usual startup company growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great place to work. Instart is becoming a disruptive company in CDN space"

Current Employee - Data Platform Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Instart

Pros

Great place to work . Excellent technology . If you love to be hands on as a technologist and passion to solve very very complex challenges , this is the place to be. As a growing CDN company, we have enormous opportunity to scale our platform to massive volume of data. Great opportunity to work and contribute towards some of the cool technologies in big data space. People around you are very smart and friendly. Management...

Cons

None as such. If you love your work on great technology and enjoy what you do, other things does not matter much.

Advice to Management

Keep going

Instart2016-02-21
  2. "Excellent place to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open culture. Great team to work with. Food options are great! I especially liked the interview process they had, which involved discussions that covered the depth and breadth of one's technical capabilities.

Cons

Nothing to share at the moment.

Instart2018-10-17
  3. "software engineer"

I have been working at Instart full-time

Pros

Cutting edge technology. No strict office timings. Some of the best minds at work, all developer hired only from IIT. Free to take up any Projects you are interested to work on. Flat hierarchy. Free Lunch.

Cons

India team and HQ team not in sync, although management is trying to change this. Usual problems you would find in any startup.

Instart2018-10-05

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Want to work on latest tech and fast paced environment this is the place you want to be. Free food, work from home, flexible working hours, Friday beer bash. Although they are very selective, the interview process is pretty smooth. You will have couple of technical rounds and you'll get to know the result within a week.

Cons

Not that I know of.

Instart2018-07-18

"Technology Company with Great Culture !"

Current Employee - Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great technology , Solving challenging problems, - Very talented people nurturing the culture in the organization - After some churn last year, now is the exciting times ! - New CEO is leading the organization in right direction ! - Work life balance - Good growth in India- Bangalore - Increased Open Communication . Building trust in the company

Cons

- typical start up challenges - at times pinch of Resource constraint - 2017 churn is still haunting thru social media reviews.

Advice to Management

- will be good to communicate the " growth path to India" as most people are interested in it. -

Instart2018-07-18

""Instart is the place...""

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work Environment and culture - Vibrant and Dynamic. Get to interact and work with some of the best brains in the industry. Work-Life Balance. Free Food, Beer Bash, Fun Fridays, Team Lunch....and many more.

Cons

Start-up Challenges - Attrition, Lack of Brand awareness in the market...

Advice to Management

Focus on Branding

Instart2018-07-20

"Un-organised"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Parking space 2. Tea/coffee facility 3. Table Tennis

Cons

1. Weak and un-organised management 2. Poor Infrastructure and Lame Technology 3. Stupid higher management (Managers, VP , CEO) 4. No clear growth plan 5. Upraisal happens from word of mouth not actual work. 6. No Job security 7. False promises when you join the company and after that you are trapped. 8. Tenured employee wants boot lickers and one who doesn't does not fit there bill. 9. HR policies sucks 10....

Advice to Management

No use to give them advice......do not want to waste time in that.

Instart2018-07-02

"Pathetic !!!!!"

I have been working at Instart full-time

Pros

1: No pros in joining this. 2: EIther they fire you or you leave after working here.

Cons

1: Do not join until you want to work for free. 2: No allowances for 12+ hours shift everyday.

Advice to Management

1: People are doing way to much and dedicating their personal time for your work and you don't care at all. 2: Management don't seems to care about your personal space.

Instart2018-04-14

"Need to use the right kinds of visas - prevent visa misuse"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Instart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Engineers (many of them) are helpful and very talented. Food was provided and saved us the hassles of going out and spending time on that.

Cons

We are sent to Palo Alto on business visas which are (as per USCIS) strictly for business meetings and not for working from there. When we are sent there for months and work on projects, we have had issues with immigration the next time around and visas got rejected for other people of the company's India subsidiary because of this misuse. Now, before someone from HR responds to this, please check records of Indian employees...

Advice to Management

If you want people from the India team to visit the US office for more than business meetings, you need to send them on L1 or H1B visa, not B1/B2 visas.

Instart2017-11-10

Instart Response

December 31, 2017Head of HR

I have been looking further into this issue and working closely with an immigration attorney to ensure we use the correct work visas. Thank you.

"Company on down slope"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I worked at Instart full-time

Pros

earlier free food. now nothing, as they have closed down the engineering center from India.

Cons

mgmt team in hq cannot be trusted. they found out that only engineers from india are surplus and so they closed down india center....with no severance. they were extremely crooked with their approach.

Instart2017-10-02

Instart Response

October 3, 2017Head of HR

I'd like to correct a statement made in this review - we have employees in 6 different functions in our India office and are actively hiring across the organization.

Found 165 reviews