Iress Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

4.3
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career progression can be harder if you are not a programmer or developer(in 11 reviews)

• "Need to be mindful of work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

A company that values both client outcomes AND staff welfare. I'm VERY proud to work for Iress.

14 Oct 2020 - Head of Account Management in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- simply a stunning response to the pandemic in terms of flexible support for staff and their families. Looking back, the support provided is (and continues to be) breathtaking - not only does the company provide significant support to staff and clients, but this year the creation of a coronavirus support hub available to the market was simply stunning evidencing the ethos flowing throughout the company. Very proud! -having targeted Iress as a company I wanted to work for back in 2015 my goals and desires have been exceeded, easily the best career decision I have made - Continuously investing in the product, but more importantly continuously seeking feedback direct from the users of our software to inform the associated roadmaps - Fast moving, sensible acquisitions, clear strategy, aligned goals, a great company to work for!

Cons

- Extremely fast moving in every aspect which does bring short term challenges BUT supports the right long term strategy (note also listed as a pro!)

CEO

"having targeted Iress as a company I wanted to work for back in 2015 my goals and desires have been exceeded, easily the best career decision I have made" How's that! Says it all. Thanks for your feedback. I’m hugely proud of how we all responded together through the trials of 2020.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No financial growth possible/ very grim outlook

5 May 2021 - Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment Good culture Freedom to build stuff

Cons

No hikes and promotions No intentions of retaining existing employees Never talk about promotions or hikes, it's not a part of company's culture. You enter at a salary and remain at the same for almost the rest of your stay at the company

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

4 May 2021 - Solutions Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, management, work-wife balance and workplace tech.

Cons

Company functional and management structure is a bit opaque.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ok overall

10 May 2021 - Tech Lead in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility in terms of work life balance

Cons

Too much politics and putting off fires instead of actual planning

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Workplace technology second to none

1 May 2021 - Product Manager in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Workplace technology - GSuite, Slack, Zoom - Response to the pandemic - amazing support for staff and clients alike

Cons

Not really a 'con' - you need to be able to manage your time well as there's lots to do and it's easy to just carry on working, especially when you're at home.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company with great people

4 Mar 2021 - Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most engineering teams are outcome-focused and agile. Alignment through all levels of Engineering right up to the leadership. Fairly flat structure. Modern office space. Great people to work with. Are able to move around the company easily. Very resilient - Iress has grown through the pandemic and been very supportive of their staff.

Cons

Career development from team leader and tech lead can be hard. Not much opportunity higher up. Wage isn't competitive with the market rate if you've been there a long time. As Iress has purchased other companies, these newer parts of the business are not forward-thinking, and there can be some politics in these areas. This problem becomes systemic through the systems built by these areas and can take a very long time to break down.

CEO

Thanks for your in-depth comments. I am pleased that you have felt well-supported throughout the pandemic. I’d like to understand your comments better. Please drop me a line if you’re happy to discuss further.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

11 May 2021 - Software Developer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, easy dress code

Cons

can get a little cramped

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good place for graduates and those who likes working on everything.

20 Jan 2021 - Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people Modern tech stack Approachable CEO

Cons

Don't go by job profile description during the interview. The culture in Iress is to have everyone do everything, so if you are passionate about something you might only get to spend 30% on it when working in a team. You are hired as a ( Tester, Frontend Engineer, Backend Engineer, DevOps Engineer, BA and Scrum Master) Frontend development culture isn't great. There is no much focus around it in Sydney office. Doesn't really understand UI/UX concept. Company is clueless about accessibility. Lacks specialised roles and doesn't promote one either. Hired for "Senior Frontend Engineer" role, assigned "Engineer" role and let work on everything. Good for those who wants to be a "Bit of this and a bit of that" engineer (Technology agnostic, since you will get your hands dirty on everything). Sounds exciting? Iress is for you, go for it otherwise I wouldn't recommend. No career growth, you can switch profiles, but roles are very minimal. Salary package is quite low compared to other companies.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

We encourage and challenge all our people to make a positive contribution. While everyone is focused on their individual role, they are also empowered to make an impact where it is most valuable for Iress, their colleagues and our clients and users. Our teams are focussed on outcomes. Thanks for your feedback.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Iress is a great company to work for, with modern and supportive values, and promotes collaboration and innovation.

29 Mar 2021 - Implementation and Support Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, Supportive, Challenging, Growing, Fail fast/learn fast.

Cons

Demanding, Fast paced, and Constant.

CEO

I love that you use these words to describe working at Iress! Thanks for your feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to work!

29 Mar 2021 - Quality Engineer in Leatherhead, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary - Friendly/Professional colleagues - WFH flexibility - Workplace culture is great

Cons

- Short on staff resource in certain areas

CEO

Thanks for your comments about working at Iress. Please drop me a message to chat further on resourcing priorities.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 308 Reviews