Iress Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 23 of over 451 reviews

4.2
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "Iress is an awesome company to work for(in 53 reviews)

• "A very good working environment in Iress(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No FREE company stock issued to employees (you pay 70% Iress 30%)(in 30 reviews)

• "Career progression/compensation is limited in certain areas of the business(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

35min

works at

Tata Consultancy

::MOST LEGIT QUESTION EVER ON FISHBOWL:: Why do companies give huge hikes to people switching when existing people can be made to do theame work at no to nominal hike ? What value companies see in people switching? It must not be that there is ground sky difference in skills of people coming after switch and existing ones.

6 Comments

Tech India

25K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Iress~312549
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Going places.

Nov 10, 2021 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Massive change over the last few years. We use modern technology in G Suite, Jira, Slack, Zoom etc. It does make you feel like we are current. Great package of benefits (Cash Plan, Pension, Private Health, Share scheme) and have just announced a paid long weekend benefit from Jan 2022 which I have to applaud. Good approach to flexible working with options to buy more holidays. In my experience the staff are all hard working and love to help each other. Management always feel approachable.

Cons

Moving away from traditional teams to an engagement led resource model feels like it needs a lot more time to bed in. Workload is high and pressure is on. Long hours, early starts and weekend work is commonplace. No cost of living pay increases.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your comments about working for Iress. Our resourcing is based on what we need to achieve in relative priority - our product-tech strategy and also how we can deliver to our clients and users. I would welcome a discussion on workload. While we do not have annual cost of living increases, our annual salary reviews focus on ensuring everyone is rewarded for their contribution and that salaries are relevant and competitive in local markets.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people at Iress

Nov 10, 2021 - Key Account Manager (KAM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working arrangements, great benefits including parental leave, additional leave for families with children starting school and six additional days of leave for long weekends. Internal training available on the software, tools as well as via Udemy and you can also access other external training if it makes sense for your role and team. The people at Iress care and are very helpful - there are opportunities to learn but you do have to push yourself in order to get these opportunities. The Leadership team is accessible and I believe they truly care.

Cons

Iress has grown quickly and still shows remnants of a smaller business in that collaboration and scalability in product development/ client communications/ people development/ leadership coaching/ internal processes is only just becoming a high focus rather than individual solutions for these areas. Heavy in technical skills with only recent tangible recognition of the need for people skills and increased collaboration. Historically worked in silos and will take a while for this culture to evolve.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and for highlighting the focus we place on supporting our people and development/growth opportunities. The other points you make are a good reminder of how we need to continue to focus on empowering people at all levels and ensuring everyone feels able to contribute fully to our future success. Thanks again.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly people with less pay

Nov 30, 2021 - Quality Engineer in Leatherhead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people flexible working Lifework balance is good Lots of social activities at the office

Cons

No pay rise No bonus No career growth and no training provided.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for posting a review but the points you make around pay and bonus are not correct. We perform annual salary reviews that considers role, contribution and perrformance, and local market salaries. The annual OneIress Profit Share is open to all and payments are triggered when we achieve our financial results. Career growth and training is available to everyone at Iress. Examples of this are the implementation of the Udemy for Business training platform in November 2020 and the significant learning and development program launched for our commercial teams. Please speak with your leader about the opportunities available for you.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

A generative and collaborative tech company.

Oct 27, 2021 - Head of Engineering in Cheltenham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global senior leadership are approachable and available. Generous leave policies, truly flexible working, and supportive people leaders. A good balance of 'get it done' and 'do it well'. We develop people over the course of their careers. I've progressed in my career significantly with Iress.

Cons

Global updates and objectives can often be contradictory or confusing. A complex work environment can make it difficult to keep up. Constantly changing tech and internal processes.

CEO

Thanks for your balanced view. I would like to understand more on your comment about global updates and objectives. Please drop me a note if you are happy to provide more details and we can fix a time. Hopefully enhanced Winning Steps capture some of your feedback already.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work

Sep 28, 2021 - Engineering Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome people - Flexible working environment - Great Processes

Cons

- Do not give market competitive salaries - No Bonuses to look forward to each year besides just $500 profit share scheme

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Flexible and friendly environment to work in

Jul 11, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working culture, good management style, friendly team vibe

Cons

Unclear career roadmap, lack of incentive schemes

CEO

Thanks for your comments - in terms of career, please take a look at the Growth Pathways pages on HQ and speak to your leader about a specific plan for your goals. On incentive schemes, there is detail of all benefits available on the Iress Rewards platform including the OneIress Profit Share and Equity offer.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for and oppertunity to progress

Oct 8, 2020 - Implementation Consultant in Warwick, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team of people, flexible working arrangments and great career progression

Cons

Colleagues not having the same work ethics

CEO

I’d love to talk more about your ‘work ethics’ and ‘product knowledge’ points. Please get in touch if you’re happy to discuss directly.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 31, 2020 - Senior Client Relationship Officer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment Ability to build skillset Sharing of knowledge Opportunity to be part of a new service offering Flexible working A company that considers working families

Cons

Nothing yet within the first 7 weeks

CEO

Welcome to Iress! Great to see you’ve had a positive first few weeks.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Aug 24, 2020 - Implementation Consultant in Warwick, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Brilliant development plans for individuals who push themselves - Friendly environment to work in - Knowledge sharing culture - Flexible working

Cons

- Being away from the office currently as the covid 19 pandemic has us working from home

CEO

Thanks for listing some of the great positives about working at Iress. It’s undoubtedly been an unusual time but we’ve really appreciated the continued commitment from all our people. Our focus on supporting each other and our clients and users has really shone through.

10. 4.0

Software Engineer in Iress

Jul 21, 2020 - Software Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Growth path is not clear

CEO

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Iress. Ensuring available growth opportunities for everyone is important, and defining clear and suitable career paths is a priority for us. Please reach out to discuss further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews