Iress Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated 8 Oct 2020

4.4
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for and oppertunity to progress"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team of people, flexible working arrangments and great career progression

Cons

Colleagues not having the same work ethics

November 12, 2020CEO

I’d love to talk more about your ‘work ethics’ and ‘product knowledge’ points. Please get in touch if you’re happy to discuss directly.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Client Relationship Officer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team environment Ability to build skillset Sharing of knowledge Opportunity to be part of a new service offering Flexible working A company that considers working families

Cons

Nothing yet within the first 7 weeks

September 21, 2020CEO

Welcome to Iress! Great to see you’ve had a positive first few weeks.

3. COVID-19

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

- Brilliant development plans for individuals who push themselves - Friendly environment to work in - Knowledge sharing culture - Flexible working

Cons

- Being away from the office currently as the covid 19 pandemic has us working from home

September 21, 2020CEO

Thanks for listing some of the great positives about working at Iress. It’s undoubtedly been an unusual time but we’ve really appreciated the continued commitment from all our people. Our focus on supporting each other and our clients and users has really shone through.

4. COVID-19

"Software Engineer at Iress"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cultural diversity, flexible work-from-home (including pre-covid), emphasis on career development and support, exposure to a large variety of technical challenges.

Cons

UX/UI design seems to be a pretty new concept to the company. Although the company is trying to modernise its tech stacks (with many successes), there is still a lot of legacy - mostly in code but also in a few lingering mindsets.

September 21, 2020CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Your desire around career development and new opportunities is good to see. Available opportunities are promoted on Slack and listed on Workday, so pls speak to your people leader for further info.

5. "Software Engineer in Iress"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Growth path is not clear

August 10, 2020CEO

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Iress. Ensuring available growth opportunities for everyone is important, and defining clear and suitable career paths is a priority for us. Please reach out to discuss further.

6. "Great Flexible Work Environment"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Work Environment Opportunity to work with latest technologies Supportive People Leader

Cons

Can't think of any con.

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to read what you have highlighted as contributors to a positive experience at Iress.

7. "Fast paced, fun and challenging"

Current Employee - Security Architect in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really smart people especially when it comes to software and automation Collaborative and open to new idea and experiments People leaders are truly that - very supportive Awesome recruitment and HR team Flexible working

Cons

None that I would consider as cons, the initial few months can be tough but that's the fun and challenging part as well!

August 10, 2020CEO

You highlight some great positives about working at Iress. Your reference to ‘smart people’ especially resonates with me (as I am sure it does with everyone at Iress). Thanks for taking the time.

8. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams.

Cons

Multinational so can be tricky working across time-zones.

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks. Community, flexibility and dedication are particularly apt words to use at this time!

9. "A place people genuinely enjoy coming to every day and it shows"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture and everyone is super friendly and willing to help each other out - People seem to genuinely enjoy working here - Casual dress and flexible working arrangements - Global company with lots of growth opportunities - Games room with pool table and table tennis is great for socializing and getting to meet different people - No sales pressure (coming from a recruitment agency background to my first internal role)

Cons

Can't fault anything yet and am loving my time here. Actually, we need to balance out the apple to banana ratio better in the free fruit supplies (though you can't really call free fruit a con can you?)

February 21, 2020CEO

Great to see you are enjoying life at Iress. Thanks for the review..I am a big fan of the banana too!

10. "Average experience, good place to start career, not so good for established professionals."

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning opportunities, nice clean office, flexible work arrangements.

Cons

Salary is lower than market average. Some teams are toxic and unproductive. Senior developers who worked for over 10 years in company leave and get replaced with junior devs. All the benefits are getting cut.

February 21, 2020CEO

It’s a shame that your experience doesn’t seem to be match the majority of our colleagues. In terms of reward, we focus on providing a total package covering salary, benefits and many other things including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity. I’d like to understand more about your view of ‘some teams’ - please Slack me to speak directly.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 English Reviews