Iress Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 14, 2021

Found 38 of over 451 reviews

4.2
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "Iress is an awesome company to work for(in 53 reviews)

• "A very good working environment in Iress(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No FREE company stock issued to employees (you pay 70% Iress 30%)(in 30 reviews)

• "Career progression/compensation is limited in certain areas of the business(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

25K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Iress~312549
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great workplace

Nov 14, 2021 - Compliance Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic work culture Supportive team Work-Life Balance

Cons

None that I can tell so far.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback - it’s great to see you love working at Iress!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Solid business and management

Oct 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good work life balance and benefits

Cons

Salary doesn't match up to competitors

CEO

Thanks for your review. Great to hear you enjoy our culture, work life balance and benefits.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

CEO so out of touch on Glassdoor in replies about salary incentives

Oct 17, 2021 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance for parents expecting a baby Colleagues are nice

Cons

I've been reading the reply from Andrew Walsh about salary incentives on here and if you are reading you are very out of touch. Andrew Walsh, you should be reading feedback on here and also feedback on internal surveys you conduct. We have been saying this for a long time. There is no pay increase for many years at Iress. It is such a tight company where salary does not get adjusted for inflation. The most you get is 500 bucks a year as a profit sharing payment. This does not even cover the rise of goods and services by inflation every year. There is no Equity Offer or the EAG at lower levels. It's a discriminatory model to benefit only Product Managers and higher up. Headcount doesn't get replaced when a person resign. Their role gets absorbed and never gets replaced again. If you enjoy shoutouts Iress gives a lot of these on their slack channels. However they don't reward their employees with their wins.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I do read these comments and I am aware of what happens inside and outside IRESS. I note the following.. - We review salary and reward annually in the context of local market and individual performance and role. - The annual OneIress Profit Share is open to all and this is triggered when we achieve our financial results. Payments start at A$500 and rise for every 1% we exceed target. - Equity is available through two annual programs, both of which are available to all people across the business, not senior roles exclusively. In terms of headcount, we don’t automatically replace every individual that leaves - we assess the requirement for the role, its value, opportunities to think differently about what we do and how we do it. This may or may not result in one for one replacement. And yes, we do give shoutouts to people because recognising and celebrating achievements is important.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

An experience

Aug 24, 2021 - Sales in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Basic pay tends to be in the higher quartile Wonderful people in organisation Depending on department relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Highly pressured in certain departments No performance bonus UK not self sufficient from Australia so long working hours working Australian hours Little/no induction or training Terrible work/life balance

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. The structure of our Commercial team is set up to make the most of its global strength but with autonomy for teams to make the most of their opportunities. On training, I am assuming you have left Iress before we embarked on a new and significant learning and development program for sales and account management teams.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Doesn't pay well compared to market rate!

Aug 13, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Great people Good systems

Cons

I have had no pay increase with CPI or bonus for the last six years. Pay increase is when you move to a Senior role otherwise Base Salary does not increase by one cent. Performance isn't rewarded with bonus. There is a profit sharing where $500 is paid and that doesn't even cover CPI increase. The company offer you to buy their shares also call the annual Equity Offer. When you pay for the shares out of your own pocket I would not call this a "bonus". It's ludicrous. The managers can meet targets and their pay checks get fatter. There is a Bonus Performance scheme for Product Owner or Manager and up where once you are in you have to keep it confidential. For the rest of the workforce the only cash bonus is the measly $500 profit sharing the last few years and offer to buy Iress shares. CEO is so far removed from the little company he wants to nurture. Many have resigned this year alone and key people causing a lot of distress to clients' solutions. I have been offered 50 percent increase of my salary after leaving. It shows how far behind the market Iress is. Walshy, you have great people but you are so far removed from rewarding them what they deserve.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

Firstly, let me say thank you for your 10 years of contribution to Iress. I’m sorry to hear you’re leaving on these terms but there are some things to clarify. In terms of remuneration, we provide an all-round package of salary/benefits that rewards people for their contribution - this includes annual salary reviews, an annual profit share program and an annual equity offer. The equity offer includes a component of shares gifted by Iress if you take up the offer to take part. These benefits are available to all - not just people in leadership positions. If you’re open to it, I’d like to discuss your feedback further - please send me an email to get in touch.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to start

Jul 15, 2021 - Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent and well developed graduate program and the colleagues are good to work with. Pay & benefits are pretty good. Upper management seems switched on. Work/life balance is good and the company has adapted to covid remote working very well.

Cons

A lot of the products are old and venerable and unfortunately most of the work is not greenfield so you can get stuck working on outdated and messy legacy code. As a dev it can feel a bit stifling and directionless after a few years.

CEO

Thanks for your comments. As you will have heard recently, we’re accelerating a range of growth plans incl our cloud and tech strategy. Please speak to your leader about this and what it means for you and your team.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Unmotivated at Iress due to low pay

Jun 28, 2021 - Product Specialist in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Central location Casual dress Work/Life Balance LBGTQI friendly Coffee, Tea and Fruits Friday afternoon drinks

Cons

Salary does not get increased after four years so far, essentially some workers are essentially bearing the brunt of inflation and taking a pay cut. No Bonus scheme for the whole company to Working with very old laptops. It can take a long time to get a new upgrade. The Manager can manage day-to-day performance of individual teams and workers displaying a controlling personality. No Bonus incentive on a yearly basis to motivate performance.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

Our remuneration package provides a total package that rewards everyone for their contribution - this includes the Profit Share and Equity offer. Individual increases in package will reflect market, role and performance. I’d like to understand more about the other points you raise - please Slack me and we can arrange to talk.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good work life balance

Jun 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance within tbe organisation and supportive culture

Cons

Progression opportunities and remuneration could be improved

CEO

Thanks for your feedback.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ok overall

May 10, 2021 - Tech Lead in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility in terms of work life balance

Cons

Too much politics and putting off fires instead of actual planning

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

I'd love to chat on your comments on politics and fires. Please contact me if you’re happy to discuss further. Thanks.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture

Feb 28, 2021 - Market Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is invested in Personal Development

Cons

Not much work life balance

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Most people highlight the ability to manage their work and personal commitments as positive about working at Iress. Please speak to your leader or the People team about your concerns and also let me know directly if I can help.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews