Iress Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 7 Dec 2020

4.4
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Nice culture and good working environment"

4.0
    Former Contractor - QA Analyst in Sydney

I worked at Iress for less than a year

Pros

Good work life balance, relaxed job, nice work collogues and good company culture,

Cons

Changing situations and all your work might go in vain

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Legal in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Iress provides a supportive, friendly and intellectually challenging working environment. It offers great flexibility enabling me to manage my home life / children and maintain a good work/ life balance. It provides the opportunity to embrace responsibility outside of your normal (traditional) day to day role. I learn something new most days!

Cons

The pace of change can be overwhelming, but it keeps you on your toes!

November 12, 2020CEO

I would hate to work somewhere where I wasn't learning new things. Good to hear. Great to read that you feel supported, challenged, empowered and have a good work / life balance. Thanks for your feedback.

3. "Be all you can be!"

Current Employee - Head of Managed Services in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

Innovation and creativity is celebrated Dynamic, exciting and rewarding company to work for People are the most important and valuable asset and cared for

Cons

Sometimes it’s difficult to keep keep the work life balance

4. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Team Lead in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexible timings - Fully Agile - Great Supportive environment - Awesome culture and friendly people - Great location as well - Good work life balance

Cons

- Compensation is less than the same role in other companies

September 21, 2020CEO

Thanks for your feedback and great to have you part of the team! Our approach to compensation, we focus on providing a total package (covering salary, benefits, growth, opportunity, flexibility, working environment etc) and keen to chat on it with you.

5. "Culture"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Johannesburg
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is promoted throughout the organisation.

Cons

Extremely client focused at the detriment of its own people at times.

August 10, 2020CEO

While we are passionate about meeting client expectations, this shouldn’t compromise the way we support our people. Please reach out to me directly or your people leader or People@Iress to see how we can resolve this.

"Unorganised and chaotic organisation"

1.0
    Former Employee - Site Reliability Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free beer on a Friday.

Cons

Complete lack of management and team leads with any up to date IT knowledge, everything seems to be 5 years behind the rest of the world. Don't expect to have any sort of work life balance as you are expected to be available 24/7. Don't expect any training on the in house software as it wont happen

August 10, 2020CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Your views on work-life balance seem to be different to the vast majority of people at Iress - in a survey at the end of 2019 79% of our people said they had a good work life balance. Good luck with your new role.

7. "People focused and dedicated to Improvement"

Current Employee - Delivery Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Attitude, Work/Life Balance, Inspirational Leadership, Dedicated people

Cons

At times, a bit chaotic due to very high level framework or expectation on what needs to be done, instead on the focus of how.

May 5, 2020CEO

It’s great to hear you are positive about your work at Iress. However, while we promote a strong appetite for growth, things shouldn’t ever feel chaotic - I encourage you to speak with your leader or colleagues to ensure there is clarity on what matters most in the context of the team and contribution to our clients and users and our goals.

8. COVID-19

"A fantastic company with sound morals aligned from the top"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Supportive of work/life balance, flexible, a great benefits package, great career opportunities, robust business model, positive revenue growth and sound morals. On the last point, an example of this is Iress investing in the 'Talent Beyond Boundaries' initiative which the CEO is a vocal advocate of. The drive from the technical side of the business over the past 18-24 months has revolutionised the company. If you work hard you're rewarded for it, with the support in place for all to succeed if willing. Particularly pertinent is the support from the business in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has been nothing short of amazing.

Cons

These are minor points but relevant and honest: - Can be overly focused on Australian initiatives over Global ones. - The offices in certain locations are in desperate need of refurbishment, although the company have recently announced this is going ahead. - Very fast moving/agile in some departments (which is great) with other business areas lagging behind (which isn't so great).

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I agree that Iress is fantastic place to be and I am looking forward to seeing the impact of our workplace strategy in the UK like we have witnessed elsewhere and people get on board with that. Would love to chat directly on global initiatives and regional ones which exist concurrently.

9. "Great place to work, great tech and awesome people"

Current Employee - Engineering in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great learning opportunities - Agile development environment - Get to use AWS and new technology - FinTech environment - Huge potential for innovation - Team autonomy / flat structures - table tennis comps!

Cons

- Need to be mindful of work/life balance

10. "One of the best companies in Australia to work"

Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, people, work-life balance, growth opportunities, training by company, flexible working hours

Cons

I do not know anything so far. Maybe legacy code

December 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for taking the time. Great to hear that you have settled in - I love the energy, skill and outlook our graduates bring to Iress. Quality needs to always be upheld.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 English Reviews