Iress Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 16 Oct 2020

4.4
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company who make you feel valued daily!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great recognition for hard work (non-financial) - Feel like a valued member - voice is heard regardless of seniority - Great community spirit - OneIress - Moving toward a good agile delivery model - Not confined to job roles with lots of opportunities to learn - Private health care and good medicare cover - eg dental and opticians costs covered - Supportive working environment - always flexible for personal issues - Share bonus if a top performer

Cons

- No cash bonus - Not much support for career development

November 12, 2020CEO

Alongside supporting our people to be their best, we are also committed to making a difference. Our partnership with Talent Beyond Boundaries and the support we provide in our local communities are great examples of this, and is something of which I am also proud. I hope your daughter loves her school :-)

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Corporate in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Inclusive and fun working environment where people are encouraged to be their best and contribute. Company wide activities (such as the annual hackathon, regular global updates and company conferences) coupled with effective communication/collaboration tools help make a global company feel smaller and like one you can have a real impact in. The partnership with Talent Beyond Boundaries and other community work make me very proud to work for Iress and I really value the support we are offered to help us juggle home and work, e.g. the starting school leave really helped me to to settle my daughter into primary school.

Cons

Sometimes the time zones can be challenging to manage.

3. COVID-19

"Friendly, Talented and Motivated"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since joining Iress I've been hugely impressed by the drive of the teams. The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination. I've moved from a small company where it was easy to keep everyone in the loop and was concerned that wouldn't be the case in a larger organisation but from the very top everyone is approachable and open in their communications.

Cons

Only con so far is, due to lockdown, I've not been able to meet many of these people in person, looking forward to that changing.

November 12, 2020CEO

It’s a shame that you haven’t been able to get into the office yet but great that this hasn’t limited a positive start at Iress. Thanks for your comments.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Legal in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Iress provides a supportive, friendly and intellectually challenging working environment. It offers great flexibility enabling me to manage my home life / children and maintain a good work/ life balance. It provides the opportunity to embrace responsibility outside of your normal (traditional) day to day role. I learn something new most days!

Cons

The pace of change can be overwhelming, but it keeps you on your toes!

November 12, 2020CEO

I would hate to work somewhere where I wasn't learning new things. Good to hear. Great to read that you feel supported, challenged, empowered and have a good work / life balance. Thanks for your feedback.

5. "Amazing place to grow and learn."

4.0
    Current Employee - Network Engineer

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

Good Leadership. Amazing working environment. Amazing people and Culture.

Cons

Medical benefits can be better.

6. "One of the best IT company in Australia"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress for less than a year

Pros

A very good working environment in Iress

Cons

Promotions are quite slow, it takes long to promote on the next level.

August 10, 2020CEO

I agree! Thanks for your feedback. We look to provide an environment that is supportive, encourages growth, and enables everyone to contribute.

7. "Software Engineer in Iress"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Growth path is not clear

August 10, 2020CEO

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Iress. Ensuring available growth opportunities for everyone is important, and defining clear and suitable career paths is a priority for us. Please reach out to discuss further.

8. "Great Flexible Work Environment"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Work Environment Opportunity to work with latest technologies Supportive People Leader

Cons

Can't think of any con.

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to read what you have highlighted as contributors to a positive experience at Iress.

9. "Average run of the mill software factory"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Development Engineer in London, England

I worked at Iress for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed working environment Nice offices Willing to explore technologies Remote working options

Cons

Confused priorities Willingness to explore technologies (pro) has resulted in a mess of uncoordinated technologies that compete for attention. Internal politics and non-technical management results in unnecessary meetings Lots of non-jobs that find work for too few proper software engineers (my fav - "Delivery Coach"! LOL! Guy drove a miro board for a living)

Continue reading
  10. "Productive & Fun Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great working environment - Everyone is very friendly, welcoming, and supportive - Flexibility of working hours when required - Quality of work over quantity - Opportunities to learn and develop - Innovation and diversity is encouraged - Social events that motivate a good work life balance

Cons

- None that I can think of

December 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for your review and your identification of many of the areas we focus on to make a difference to people's experience at work at Iress!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 English Reviews