Iress Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Nov 8, 2021

Found 36 of over 451 reviews

4.2
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "Iress is an awesome company to work for(in 53 reviews)

• "A very good working environment in Iress(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No FREE company stock issued to employees (you pay 70% Iress 30%)(in 30 reviews)

• "Career progression/compensation is limited in certain areas of the business(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

35min

works at

Tata Consultancy

::MOST LEGIT QUESTION EVER ON FISHBOWL:: Why do companies give huge hikes to people switching when existing people can be made to do theame work at no to nominal hike ? What value companies see in people switching? It must not be that there is ground sky difference in skills of people coming after switch and existing ones.

6 Comments

Tech India

25K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Iress~312549
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Enthuastic work environment

Nov 5, 2021 - Product Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Motivating management that encourages you to grow within the organization. Positive and enthuastic work environment. Gives you a huge room to learn and grow. Motivates you to maintain you work and personal life balance. Your ideas are welcomed and opinions are considered. Inclusive, supportive, challenging work environment.

Cons

Horizontal hierarchy makes it a little difficult to look for vertical growth.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback - you highlight many things we aim for everyone at Iress to experience.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Inspiring and Exhilarating

Nov 8, 2021 - Head of Technology in Johannesburg
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to wider variety of technology including cloud. Fast paced working environment. Contribute to innovative, interesting, inspiring solutions. Work with awesome people.

Cons

We still have some legacy systems that need attention and care.

CEO

‘Innovative, interesting, inspiring solutions’ - I love that! In terms of legacy systems, and as you are aware, we are accelerating and acting on plans to close down many of those applications and tech, as we transition to cloud and platform in order to deliver great products at scale. Thanks for your feedback.

3. 4.0

Great Place to work

Sep 28, 2021 - Engineering Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome people - Flexible working environment - Great Processes

Cons

- Do not give market competitive salaries - No Bonuses to look forward to each year besides just $500 profit share scheme

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Senior Analyst

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and relaxed working environment Friendly people Flexibility to work from home Great culture

Cons

career progression No coaching to develop staff Low pay and long hours of work

CEO

Thanks for your feedback on your time at Iress.

5. 5.0

Good Company

May 27, 2021 - Test Engineer in Cheltenham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work environment, everyone who works there is super friendly.

Cons

Work as a test engineer can be a bit slow, most likely due to the role than the company.

CEO

Thanks for review....although 'slow' is not a word I use to describe working at Iress!

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No financial growth possible/ very grim outlook

May 5, 2021 - Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment Good culture Freedom to build stuff

Cons

No hikes and promotions No intentions of retaining existing employees Never talk about promotions or hikes, it's not a part of company's culture. You enter at a salary and remain at the same for almost the rest of your stay at the company

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your comments. In terms of personal growth, development and pay, we provide the support, opportunities and rem that rewards people for their contribution. I’d like to understand more about your specific situation including your view on no growth possible. Please slack me if you would like to talk.

7. 5.0

Awesome Company to work for

Jan 22, 2021 - Graduate Site Reliability Engineer in Johannesburg
      Business Outlook

Pros

Iress is an awesome company to work for. Really nice and incredibly helpful people. Really good work environment and there's always something to learn. I am very glad to have spent my first year in the tech workspace at Iress.

Cons

I suppose one can always complain about the salary, it certainly could have been a little bit more, but it also was necessarily a pittance so whatever.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I also think Iress is an awesome place to work with incredibly helpful people.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Oct 16, 2020 - Corporate in Cheltenham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive and fun working environment where people are encouraged to be their best and contribute. Company wide activities (such as the annual hackathon, regular global updates and company conferences) coupled with effective communication/collaboration tools help make a global company feel smaller and like one you can have a real impact in. The partnership with Talent Beyond Boundaries and other community work make me very proud to work for Iress and I really value the support we are offered to help us juggle home and work, e.g. the starting school leave really helped me to to settle my daughter into primary school.

Cons

Sometimes the time zones can be challenging to manage.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company who make you feel valued daily!

Oct 16, 2020 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great recognition for hard work (non-financial) - Feel like a valued member - voice is heard regardless of seniority - Great community spirit - OneIress - Moving toward a good agile delivery model - Not confined to job roles with lots of opportunities to learn - Private health care and good medicare cover - eg dental and opticians costs covered - Supportive working environment - always flexible for personal issues - Share bonus if a top performer

Cons

- No cash bonus - Not much support for career development

CEO

Alongside supporting our people to be their best, we are also committed to making a difference. Our partnership with Talent Beyond Boundaries and the support we provide in our local communities are great examples of this, and is something of which I am also proud. I hope your daughter loves her school :-)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly, Talented and Motivated

Oct 13, 2020 - Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since joining Iress I've been hugely impressed by the drive of the teams. The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination. I've moved from a small company where it was easy to keep everyone in the loop and was concerned that wouldn't be the case in a larger organisation but from the very top everyone is approachable and open in their communications.

Cons

Only con so far is, due to lockdown, I've not been able to meet many of these people in person, looking forward to that changing.

CEO

It’s a shame that you haven’t been able to get into the office yet but great that this hasn’t limited a positive start at Iress. Thanks for your comments.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews