J.P. Morgan Employee Reviews about "no work life"
81% would recommend to a friend
(1274 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and hours" (in 1326 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and able to see yourself hanging out outside of work." (in 1122 reviews)
- "good work life balance and having the option to work from home is a plus." (in 1063 reviews)
- "The company has a good culture which can be seen in coworkers around the firm." (in 1018 reviews)
- "The pay is good and is higher than similar telephone sales jobs in the area." (in 809 reviews)
- "long hours and sometimes not a lot of work to fill up the time until much later in the day" (in 683 reviews)
- "Middle management is poor but are selected strategically so the top are protected from them." (in 591 reviews)
- "Late working hours is bit common" (in 400 reviews)
- "good employees are often lumped with bad managers and it takes forever to fix the problem." (in 355 reviews)
- "time with senior management and more aligned to actual performance on d job." (in 106 reviews)
Found 1,274 of over 24T reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "no work life"Return to all Reviews
- 5.014 Jan 2015Business ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsGeneva
Internal mobility/opportunities are real between locations and different lines of businesses. Strong Private Bank brand in the Geneva Market Place.
Work Life balance may be challenging during peak season and some internal process may be frustrating like in most of the international banks
- 4.014 Sept 2014Cyber Security ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Work is always very interesting Promotes moving up the corporate ladder
Work life balance is not as good as you would expect from a big financial institution
- 5.021 Apr 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Nice culture and people are willing to share
need better work life balance and need to wake up early because people are in different time zones
- 4.03 Jan 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Big company with access to a number of different avenues and locations.
Management is very hit or miss. If you get a good manager life is great even if the work gets tedious. Given the size the jobs are very specific.1
- 3.08 Aug 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great learning experience and friendly colleagues
at times you will feel micro managed and putting in extra hours at work can influence work life balance
- 5.019 Aug 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great training program and culture. People are friendly and want to see you succeed. Very challenging work environment, so you'll never get bored. *Take into consideration that this can vary widely depending on the group you're placed in.
Hours. People work very long hours and it's hard to see how one could have a normal work/life balance.
- 4.025 Jul 2011Service Delivery ManagerCurrent Employee
Great focus on doing what is right for the customer/client. JP Morgan is focused on transparency and integrity while also competing for a bigger market share.
The intense pace and lack of work life balance is one of the downsides of working for this company.
- 5.012 Jun 2017AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsMumbai
J P Morgan is the most ethical employer I have worked with. Excellent benefits with regards to PF, group insurance, work life integration. They have the one of the best employee engagement programs in the industry. Any employee related challenge is addressed immediately.
The experience may vary from manager to manager/ team to team when it comes to work life integration1