JetBlue Crew Support Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 3 reviews

5.0
JetBlue CEO Robin Hayes
Robin Hayes

"Loved working there, great culture"

Former Employee - Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at JetBlue part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They always seemed to care about their employees, empowered you to make decisions that helped customers.

Cons

The pay is lousy cause you get free flight benefits and work from home. They really need to increase their payscale.

Advice to Management

Pay people enough! Call center jobs pay a good deal more than you offer and it's hard to get the best employees when you don't pay worth beans.

JetBlue2015-11-24

"It's a family not just a job."

Former Employee - Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

JetBlue is a family. You have fun with your coworkers. Reservations is open 24/7 and that means crazy hours to fit your crazy life. If you live in Utah you can work from home after training. There are plenty of departments to move around in and keep you interested.

Cons

Reservations schedules change every four months. You could love your shift and then have to change your while life. It takes forever to get seniority. It's also very easy to get points but difficult to get rid of them so beware.

Advice to Management

Make it a little easier to get rid of points. I left the company I loved because of a few late starts and some family emergencies.

JetBlue2014-06-15

"JetBlue creates loyal crew-members by giving them encouragement, love, and a positive work environment."

Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

I work from home 75% of the time. When weather conditions become bad, we're encouraged to work from home, even if scheduled to work from the center. If the call volume is low, we are offered VTO or Voluntary Time Off, which gives us time off without pay, but the hours we would have worked count toward FMLA. We can trade all or part of our schedules with other people and do not have to have supervisor permission. I... fly standby for free on jetblue, my family flies free and I am given two roundtrip buddy passes 4 times a year for friends that allow them to fly anywhere jetBlue flies for under $50 each way. Plus we get standby on around 70 other airlines for as little as $35 each direction and 75% off 2nd day and overnight shipping at FedEx.

Cons

There are very few paid holidays, only 3 a year, and because you are working from home, you do get paid less (less money going into gas or transit). Also, there can be spikes where more workers are needed and overtime is requested. This frequently occurrs on holidays since they are high transportation times. Airlines don't close on holidays so you do have to work them. We are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Advice to Management

Leaving people at airports stranded is not worth it. We need to plan ahead and err on the side of caution. While I agree we don't want to ground planes unless we need to, having customer sit in airports for 6 hours when it could be avoided is silly. When operations are irregular, lets get planning and move to notify customers. If the FAA says the delay will be 4 hrs, lets plan on 4.5 and have our crews... reorganized to be there when we think the plane ought to be able to go.

JetBlue2008-09-01