JetBlue Customer Support Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Robin Hayes
  1. "Great in theory"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than a year

Pros

Super amazing schedule flexibility. I've never worked for another call center that allowed shift trades without having to get management involved or allowed people to request PTO right up until their shift started. The flight benefits are great when you can use them, but that can be difficult out of Salt Lake or Orlando as that's where most phone support employees are. Very positive and supportive company... culture.

Cons

Mandatory overtime (it's totally understandable in the industry, but it's still a con), tech issues almost daily, If you're in the wrong department shift trading can be difficult. Seniority for shift bids is hard to get if you don't stay in Reservations since people in other departments don't move on very often. Pay is below industry standard. As with any call center, who your supervisor is can make... or break your career...and they don't have much accountability at all, so they can get away with quite a lot.

Advice to Management

For a company that's so forward thinking in so many ways I cannot believe you allow yourselves to be so backward when it comes to technology. Our web site and app are a joke, and it's frankly getting embarrassing to have the same discussion every day with our customers about how the site is down/crashing/giving errors. EVERY. DAY. Know when to cut your losses...or scale back your web site to the old working one... until you can figure out how to get the new one to be stable. Datalex is obviously not working for us...it's time to move on. Increase pay for all employees across the board to at least be on par with the industry. We know larger airlines are going to obviously have larger profit sharing, but it adds insult to injury when we're also paid significantly less. Many departments haven't seen a pay increase in years now.

JetBlue2019-08-18
  2. "My view"

Current Employee - Customer Support Supervisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great travel benefits, peers and culture

Cons

work life balance can be a challenge in certain parts of the year due to the nature of geography in which jetblue flies

Advice to Management

reactive communication

JetBlue2019-07-30
  3. "Outstanding but exhausting with back to back calls sometimes 600+ waiting."

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Travel benefits. Great management leadership.

Cons

Call volume, duration of call volume.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff , make web chat permanent and weekly.

JetBlue2019-05-07

"Customer Support"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Orlando, FL

I worked at JetBlue full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company, great people, very supportive of one another. Everyone is treated like family. Great company values.

Cons

Schedules vary must be open to working all hours, weekends, and holidays.

JetBlue2018-05-03

"Customer Support"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home; which can save you on transportation costs.

Cons

They can and will call you in for overtime at anytime day or night, regardless if you have just finished a shift or not and yes they will call you in on your days off too.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees; they are not machines, they are just as human as your clients.

JetBlue2017-11-14

"Customer support"

Current Employee - Customer Support

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great flight benefits Awesome coworkers Work from home flexibility

Cons

I wish they had more corporate jobs in Utah

JetBlue2017-07-01
  7. "Customer Support"

Customer Support in Layton, UT

I worked at JetBlue for more than a year

Pros

I loved working for JetBlue. They do a really great job of appreciating their employees and improving morale.

Cons

The travel was hard to use, don't work at JetBlue just for that. When you are in customer service you will likely talk to mostly upset people. That can weigh on you sometimes.

JetBlue2016-08-22

"JetBlue Customer Service"

Customer Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Working from home. Ability to trade hours freely with other in your department.

Cons

Jetblue abuses their Customer Service employees. The attrition rate is 50% the first month and 80% within the first-year. Anyone that stays on after that is only there for the flight benefits because the jobs sucks. JetBlue treats their employees like crap and the working conditions are abominable. The are chronically understaffed and expect employees to do their part by signing up for overtime to help the company... out. They expect you to work on a computer that is equivalent to dial up speed of the 1990s. This is the worst job I've ever had, with the exception of the flight benefits. JetBlue likes to pretend that they are family friendly and concerned about their employees, but anyone that has worked Customer Service will tell you that is as far from the truth as could be. One absence puts you on probation, so employees are constantly begging other employees to cover their hours for them. JetBlue have zero tolerance for sickness or family emergencies. It is exhausting. If you want flight benefits and don't mind working OT most of the year in a place where the Supervisors treat you like crap, this is the job for you. Jetblue: We treat our customers like gold, and our crew members like crap.

Advice to Management

Treat your crew members like actual people who have lives beyond their work. You think we never get sick or have family emergencies? Allow 24 hours absence for PT and 40 hours for FT CMs per year. Double your staffing and make the job liveable that retention is not abominable.

JetBlue2015-07-31

"JetBlue is a great employer"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for JetBlue out of Salt Lake City provides high schedule flexibility and the opportunity to work from home.

Cons

There is not a lot of communication between departments outside of each location. It is easy to find the jobs available through jetblue.com but very difficult to make any internal progress on discussing the job position with any HR or management team outside of your own location. It makes it difficult to grow within the company if you are interested in moving outside of the area you are currently working at. Also..., there is a one-year RE-application rule that does not allow you to apply for the same job twice within one year--also making it difficult to grow where you want to grow.

Advice to Management

Re-evalutate the one-year reapplication rule so that you and employers can be better utilized in more fitting positions.

JetBlue2013-11-21