Juno Therapeutics Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 16 Apr 2020

4.1
Juno Therapeutics CEO/President Hans Bishop (no image)
Hans Bishop
Pros
  • "Fast pace and exciting science with great people(in 7 reviews)

• "The research they are doing to cure cancer is all anyone should need to see to want to work here(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains as they transition from start-up to Commercial-ready(in 7 reviews)

• "There is very little time for career development and very little support from upper management in certain groups(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place. Awesome People. Satisfying Work."

4.0
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Bothell, WA

I worked at Juno Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

growth opportunities, paycheck, benefits, fast paced, meaningful

Cons

Upper management communication down flow, lack of training for supervisors to be the best supervisors they can be. Heavy work amount. Early hours if you work am shift.

2. "Career pathway"

Former Employee - Supply Chain

I worked at Juno Therapeutics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are awesome! Peer to Peer interaction within the groups.

Cons

Defined career path needed Supervisor / Upper management need to show initiative in keeping their team's moral up.

"M&A Blues"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

The mission and the science are the driving force. Unclear how these will survive a VERY clumsy acquisition and full integration by Celgene

Cons

Celgene has thrown out some extraordinary talent in upper management, losing people with cutting edge expertise for no conceivable reason other than the arrogance that they can run things better. Yet Celgene has no real R/D track record. The new leadership pales in comparison to the folks they let go. Does not bode well for being competitive in this increasingly fast paced field.

Continue reading

"Exciting but difficult place to work"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Juno Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Juno is on the cutting edge of CAR T-cell therapy. It was an exciting time to work for the company and the people are passionate about the work they do for patients. The salary is appropriate considering the expectations from the company.

Cons

The timelines are extreme and border on reckless. There is an underlying pressure and expectation that work comes before all other things in your life, including spending time with your family. It is a hectic and stressful place to work. There is very little time for career development and very little support from upper management in certain groups.

Continue reading

Juno Therapeutics Response

November 7, 2016People Team

Thank you for your feedback. It is true that we act with a deliberate sense of urgency on behalf of our very sick patients, especially since our therapies may be the only course of treatment that remains for them. However, your use of the word "reckless" is troubling and is certainly not what we believe is occurring. Kindly contact the SVP, People, our Chief Compliance Officer, the General Counsel or any member of management if you believe that Juno has acted inappropriately.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.