Kate Spade New York Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2021

3.9
Kate Spade New York CEO Liz Fraser
Liz Fraser
Pros
  • "Great discount, fun people to work with, flexible scheduling(in 154 reviews)

• "Employee discount, great people, fun environment(in 106 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor upper management, took credit for other managers work, lack of communication(in 40 reviews)

• "sometimes hard work/life balance(in 39 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great job!

8 Oct 2020 - Sales Associate in Aurora, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best jobs I ever had. Taught me a lot about sales and how successful you can truly be.

Cons

Not the best pay. Somewhat of a dress code but it is not hard to follow.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Demanding but rewarding

21 Aug 2020 - Fashion Consultant in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned about customer handling and boosts confidence with daily dealing with clients

Cons

Long work hours and standing job

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Chj

4 Sep 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Infrastructure atmosphere and maintainence

Cons

Bad Salary package Working time

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great culture if you are not a part-timer

10 Jun 2021 - Retail Assistant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

- full-timers are pleasant to work with and are very willing to teach newbies all the things they need to know - "customer-sharing" culture, everyone is civil about who is taking the customer and there is usually little to no customer stealing

Cons

- manager I worked with was very biased and barely engaged with the part-timers in general

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Company at a crossroads

11 Jun 2021 - Human Resources Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coaching and development and team building is key for this company. Benefit offerings and training materials were always updated and mindful of what employees were looking for.

Cons

Direction of entire executive team

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Average Part-time wage

9 Jun 2021 - Part Time Sales Associate in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Offers avg wage for part-time workers

Cons

- Constant managerial changes - High turnover rate (for full time)

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good first job!

3 May 2021 - Lead Sales Associate in San Ysidro, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for a first-time job! I definitely feel like I was spoiled; for starters, our breaks/lunches were 15 min/1 hours compared to other stores in our mall with 10/30min. Every so often we did receive 2 pieces of kate spade ready-to-wear (we only covered tax and it was taken out of our paycheck). Great discount! 70% off outlet, 50% regular store, plus every quarter you could get a handbag for 50% + 50% off.

Cons

Overnight shifts to introduce new merchandise/change store layout were rough. Very physically demanding; at my store, closers had to carry sometimes up to 200 boxes from backstock to the front of the store so it could be opened up by our stockroom employees at 6am. Some issues with management that were only resolved after numerous complains.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

5 years at the company, never promoted

9 Jun 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discount Fun atmosphere Pretty product

Cons

Tons of favoritism at the location I worked at Low pay Bad hours Drama Nasty customers No growth opportunity I was at KSNY for 5 years and for the first 2 years I was in love with it, but poor management really ruined it. For starters, you absolutely will not be promoted if you aren't part of the clique at your store. Doesn't matter how long you've been there, if you're not someone they'd go grab drinks with or hang out with outside of work, you'll never move up. In the 5 years I was there I saw at least a dozen young, inexperienced girls work for us for sometimes as little as 4 weeks and get promoted while myself, who had been there for years at that point, was never once offered anything. Nope! Not one time in the half a decade I spent there was I ever offered a chance to move up, even as a part time key holder even though I expressed interest numerous times. Favoritism played a massive role in my store when it came to scheduling too, the favorites would often be off on the weekends whereas I had to work every single weekend, my goals would be higher and I would often get blamed for simple things. That's another thing: RIDICULOUS sales goals. I'd be on the schedule for 3 shifts and was told I needed to make $2500 in 3 days at times. How is that possible? Customers were draining and only wanted items on deep discounts or would come in asking for outlet products or sales, which of course we didn't have. Have been cussed out by cheap customers many times over things I couldn't control and management never stuck up for me. Shocking! Disorganized, messy, drama staff. It's like being in HS again. I finally couldn't take it anymore and left.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

great place to work

5 Jun 2021 - Sales Associate in Niagara, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, great employees' discount, friendly environment, improve your communication skills

Cons

hard to get promoted, no holidays, extremely busy

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Awesome company to work for

4 Jun 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company truly does care about employees. Very fun atmosphere created company wide.

Cons

Felt over extended by management team with lack of recognition.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,209 Reviews