Khoros Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Dec 7, 2019

3.4
Khoros CEO Jack Blaha
Jack Blaha
Pros
  • "Good (but diminishing) perks like free lunch(in 24 reviews)

• "Free good catered lunch 4 days/week(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Conference rooms in Austin are almost always booked solid, so often we have to use open areas for meetings or calls which can get loud and distracting(in 21 reviews)

• "Benefits are competitive but only lack is 401k matching(in 15 reviews)

1. "Technical Support Manager"

I have been working at Khoros full-time

Pros

Excellent work Culture Best in class Products Employee Friendly Well Stocked Cafeteria Beautifully designed Office premises . WFH option Recreational Room Playstation

Cons

No cons as of now.

Khoros2019-10-07
  2. "Senior software engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Khoros full-time

Pros

Owesome place to work great work culture

Cons

Lot's of dependency on us team

Khoros2019-12-05
  3. "Good place to work but little to learn"

Current Employee - SDE1 in Bangalore

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee benefits are good. Pantry is good.

Cons

Lots of Favoritisim. Even though everyone worked hard for a project, only those who project themselves get promotion😒 and not based on talent or the work done. After the review from the employees is good, they want to reduce the number of WFH and introduced 9-5:30 compulsory working hours for the Engineering team.

Khoros2019-12-08

"Great ship is sinking fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Facilities and office environment is good (decent food for 4 days in a week, fully stuffed pantry, fun activities, health care programs, ontime paycheck etc) * Promotions are highly possible. There is a decent process for that with 360 reviews etc. Hiring low experienced people helps in career growth for the existing employees (sometimes this becomes too much).

Cons

* Frequent changes in the CXO. Almost every month you'll see someone leaving/fired/replacement/org-change. It does impact the people on the ground. * Recent CTO hiring is a joke. This is the only place where a person running a Business Development team of <10 members, can become as Chief Technology Officer to lead 200+ members in few weeks. CEO thinks Business Development and Software Development are same... (because both has the word "development"?). * Teams in West Coast wants the control of all community scrum teams (control, literally). Anyone tries to do the best thing, because the scrum team owns it, SFO people will do everything at their disposal to make it fail. Lot of internal-politics. When time comes, they will start whisper only the bad things and don't speak a word of good things Bangalore. Let the teams to "Own" things, that's what ownership means. * Monolith codebase. Community leaders don't want to change it because they built it a decade ago and they are familiar with this. Probably because, if they change it, they will loose their knowledge/control and eventually loose their job. Job security plays better role than, what's the right thing to do. * Local engg head isn't reachable/helpful to the people on the ground. He will listen everything you say, acts like they will support you in every way he can. But finally throws them in dust bin and do what US wants to do. We hear that sometimes managers/directors also get cornered by the senior leadership.

Advice to Management

* Unfit leadership. Please google for "CTO Job Description" and check if your CTO meets any of these (this is what I found): "The CTO makes all executive decisions with regards to the technological interests of a company. They are responsible for outlining the company's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business... needs...". After this ask this question, "What's the company's technology vision?". * We want to learn from our managers/leaders/architects. But it's very hard to find such people in this company. Invest in the talented leaders to retain them and replace mediocre leaders.

Khoros2019-11-19

"Diving down fast"

I have been working at Khoros full-time

Pros

Free food on some weekdays. Well stocked pantry

Cons

Looks like revolving doors. Leaders and Managers coming in and leaving in a short time. Vista appears to be losing patience wants to exit fast, but the merger of Lithium and Spreadfast is a mess and won’t be fixed soon. Product vision and innovation lacking big time. Morale is all time low. Everything is a sham and so called anonymous surveys are not.

Advice to Management

Pull up your socks and fix the employee morale. Reward them for their work and hear them out.

Khoros2019-09-18

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent looking office in a crowded Tech park

Cons

Lithium was a good company 8 to 10 years ago. No direction to the company now. Clueless local leadership. Lots of favoritism Lacking good quality work. Focus on maintenance of outdated tech stack built on a monolith. Many good engineers leaving.

Advice to Management

Get a pulse of the employees on the ground and the reason why they are leaving.

Khoros2019-08-17

"Good perks but lack of good work"

Current Employee - SDE2 in Bangalore

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good perks are offered by the company

Cons

Still using a lot of old tech stack

Advice to Management

Try to bring in more work related to the latest tech

Khoros2019-08-01

"Software Developer I"

I have been working at Khoros full-time

Pros

Good salary and very good environment to work

Cons

Very Less learning experience and opportunities to prove

Khoros2019-03-22
  9. "Solid Saas company"

Former Employee - Director in London, England

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good team - Structured approach - Good benefits - Good training opportunities

Cons

- Slow growth - Legacy product

Khoros2019-12-05

"We've turned the corner!"

Current Employee - RVP Sales in Bend, OR

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most innovative technology in the space. This industry is consolidating rapidly, and we are a consolidator. We have unstoppable momentum. It's true that many legacy workers did not have an appetite for fast-moving global domination through M&A. Current employees appreciate their past contributions, but we're ready to forge ahead. The new class of hires are true professionals ready to dominate. There are... whispers of excitement in the Khoros hallways and confident "smirks" from new leadership and product. The competition should use every last breath they currently have to bad-speak Khoros. That window is closing.

Cons

The challenge of the merger was real, but we've turned that corner.

Advice to Management

Forge ahead unapologetically. The vision is spot on.

Khoros2019-11-08