Kickdrum Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Aug 1, 2019

4.3
Kickdrum CEO Brian Rauch
Brian Rauch
  1. "Work with fun & learn with awesome people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kickdrum offers the best of all possible benefits. As an employee, I can confirm that the benefits are the best compared to anywhere else I've worked

Cons

Nothing for challenge as now

Kickdrum2019-06-02

August 21, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We will continue to reward our employees with the best rewards which match their lifestyle and needs. Always open for suggestions. Let's work together to make Kickdrum a great place to work!

2. "Work with FUN"

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Get to understand and work on all cloud technologies - Flexibility to work on new technologies - Management is always concerned about your growth(which is a good sign) - Good work environment

Cons

Nothing to share as of now

Advice to Management

Keep the good work going on

Kickdrum2019-08-01

August 21, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. Growing and learning every day is one of our core values. We will work harder to keep the good vibes continue.

3. "Good work culture and a place where you can learn"

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to work and learn. Culture is very good and a lot of fun activities apart from work. Interview process is really good.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of right now.

Kickdrum2019-07-09

August 21, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We will continue to make Kickdrum a great place to work!

"Top 100 *misfortune* companies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I worked at Kickdrum full-time

Pros

1. Good salary 2. Good refreshments

Cons

1. Hectic schedule. Barely you will find work-life balance. 2. Too much personal interference by HR, HR is the main reason why people don't stay for long. HR will keep peeking into your personal life and give you unnecessary suggestions. 3. Flexible leave policy. Sounds really good, but when you ask for leaves, they will try all possible excuses to reject your leave application. 4. HR will start boycotting you in... front of everyone if you don't take part in the extra activities (like playing games every Friday, team outing, etc). Trust me you will feel humiliated because of the HR's attitude. 5. Too many meetings. Very little time left for working on the projects. 6. If you are late to the office by 30 minutes, HR will start calling you for the same. 7. Since the workload is so much that no one would be ready to help you. 8. If you have any concerns with the senior there, no one will help you out, instead, you have to take all the blame. If you raise your concern, you will be counter questioned that if you had a problem, why didn't to solve it yourself. 9. People with more than 6 years of experience are not mature enough to deal with people. They get irritated and frustrated easily. Also, sometimes the behavior executed by them is really childish. 10. No one talks about good coding standards there. The idea at kickdrum is to deliver the product without bothering about code quality. 11. All the good reviews that you see on glassdoor is because when you join the company, HR would ask you to do that. So, I would suggest please do thorough research about the company before joining it. Few of the good reviews out here are just by force.

Advice to Management

1. I think in the long run, HR might create a really bad environment in the India office. Trust me, but few people have left because of her. 2. Principals should be involved with the project not just at the business level but also at the execution level. 3. Please try to set a culture where everyone is ready to help their colleagues.

Kickdrum2019-07-21

August 22, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We believe in giving or receiving hard feedback. We strive to make Kickdrum a great place to work. We will take your feedback positively and make the necessary improvements.

5. "Great tech firm to work for!!"

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Has a blend of customer-based and in-house products to work on. Great to have such a blend from an exposure perspective. 2. Very strong team, provides immense learning and collaboration opportunities.

Cons

I haven't faced anything I would put in this section.

Kickdrum2019-05-09

August 21, 2019

Thanks for your feedback.

6. "Great Work culture"

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kickdrum offers a lot of challenges where every project that you work on gives you a lot of ownership. A lot of cool perks involving contributing to the organization building. Technology agnostic company. You would get to work on different projects which would give you ample opportunities to work on a plethora of technologies. Very transparent culture. A lot of effort is put in for employee upskill.

Cons

Nothing really. Should have a formal training program for the new hires. Which I believe the leadership team is already working on.

Advice to Management

Just keep hiring good people and make Kickdrum a better place to work at.

Kickdrum2019-01-04

January 7, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We will have a formal training program in 6-8 months for new joinees and program to upskill regularly for current employees.

7. "Well organised interview and opportunity to work with some really smart guys"

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for less than a year

Pros

Process oriented,well-structured Encouraged to participate in code review discussions, peer presentations High quality of work and that reflects in client reviews

Cons

None as of yet :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Kickdrum2018-11-09

August 21, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We will continue to work harder to keep the standards high!

8. "Best People to work with, Great Work Culture and Best Leadership"

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Got to work with best talents in the industry 2. Most talented team and Great energy within the team 3. Work Life balance 4. Open and Transparent: Barriers between teams are almost non-existent. Everyone in the company can be a part of any discussion all across the company. 5. Work anytime, from anywhere

Cons

As far as i am concerned, there are no cons that i have come across.

Kickdrum2018-07-15

July 16, 2018Director Of Engineering

Thank you for the kind words. Let's continue to demonstrate this culture as much as we can.

9. "Good people to work with"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Kickdrum full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kickdrum is a high-premium custom software development that helps evaluate client businesses, propose cum execute game-changing transformational projects. Kickdrum founders also are among the technical consulting team for evaluation of prospect merges and acquisition to funding companies. The founding team is ex-Trilogy folks that includes a Trilogy co-founder too. These people are a wealth of information to learn... from. The kind of frameworks and reporting used internal can make you feel that you are working on a large scale enterprise in a small company; its so methodical and of high quality. The company has a good per employee revenue ratio and has a good future pipeline. Being a growing small company, the projects allow you to work across a breadth of technologies.

Cons

Not any I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the spirit of raising the bar.

Kickdrum2018-07-06

July 8, 2018Director Of Engineering

Thank you for your kind words.

10. "Great work culture and best leadership!"

I have been working at Kickdrum full-time for less than a year

Pros

1.Getting to work on one of the best cloud tech stack in IT 2. Talented and helpful team 3. Good mentorship and career guidance 4. Work life balance 5. Pantry 6. Sports/fun activities (once a week)

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up this awesome culture and keep growing!

Kickdrum2017-11-25

July 8, 2018Director Of Engineering

Thank you for your kind words.

Found 13 reviews