Kickdrum Reviews

Updated May 16, 2021

Found 16 of over 23 reviews

3.8
Kickdrum Managing Director Ganesh Ramamoorthy (no image)
Ganesh Ramamoorthy
  1. 5.0

A great place to work!

Jul 21, 2020 - Software Developer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

An amazing group of people, friendly, approachable and always helpful The work is challenging and keeps me on my toes Flexible work timings Work from home friendly Transparent communication The opportunity to work with the most relevant technologies today Great opportunities to upskill on cloud technologies If you're passionate about technology this is the place to be.

Cons

Work/Life balance could use a little improvement.

Kickdrum Response

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad you are enjoying the work and the learning opportunities Kickdrum provides. We believe in a flat hierarchy and no-barrier communication between our employees and the founding team. We are continuously striving to better ourselves and your feedback is highly valuable. We have implemented a mechanism to receive anonymous feedback from our employees so that any team member has an internal way to voice their concerns or suggestions. Please suggest your ideas to make work/life balance even better for all of us. We want your support to make Kickdrum a kickass place to work.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pethetic service based company

May 16, 2021 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will not find any pros in this company. Eventually, all your self-respect will be torn apart by these guys.

Cons

1. Horrible work like balance 2. Stupid bunch of people 3. Insensitive human beings

2 people found this review helpful

Kickdrum Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. Kickdrum is a growing company where top-level talent, who are curious to continuously learn and apply new things, and who take initiative, thrive in our fast-paced environment. We are definitely not for everyone but are committed to shaping our culture with people of the same mindset. Our philosophy has not changed; we continue to invest heavily in our people and expect the best from them in return.

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company for career focussed individuals

Dec 12, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great interview process requiring the candidate to demonstrate critical thinking ability. 2. Opportunity to work on various technologies and diversified projects. 3. Interact with the founders on a daily basis and get to feed on their knowledge 4. Competitive compensation and benefits. 5. A place to develop ownership when it comes to project delivery.

Cons

1. Hire more employees for senior roles(I heard about new hire in a senior role, that's great news!!).

Kickdrum Response

Thanks for your feedback. Hiring seniors and building a strong forte of leaders for Kickdrum is one of our current goals.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best company to work for, globally!

Feb 17, 2020 - Technical Lead in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) One of the best company I have worked so far. 2) Technically challenging enough to raise my bar & I feel like I have raised my own bar by working at Kickdrum, alongside some of the most capable and hard-working colleagues. 3) You are encouraged to make decisions and take responsibility, but there is a great support system to help you when you need it. 4) Principals (Founders) are probably the most hands-on leaders you'll ever get to work with. 5) You get to work on different technologies apart from your core skills. 6) You can start any initiative you like, you can discuss with leads if the idea is good you get to run it. 7) No Hierarchy

Cons

I brainstormed so much to come up with dew of these cons. I feel these cons are negligible but might be helpful to build the perfect environment in the company. 1) We should reduce the number of meetings & the amount of time spent in standup meetings. 2) Employees, somehow are in the mindset that principals / Founders are not approachable to solve any problems (which is not). Management should take some initiative to change that perception in the employee's minds, which could be the reason for employees not trying to solve their problem.

Kickdrum Response

Thank you for your feedback. We want Kickdrum to be known as a kickass place to work for engineers. Your encouragement and feedback tells us that we are headed in the right direction. 1. We are considering tools to reduce the need for meetings as well as to organize the necessary meetings better. We are also investing in training on communication and meeting management skills to make our meetings more efficient. 2. We have a flat hierarchy where anyone can directly reach out to anyone else in the company for feedback/questions etc. We understand that a flat hierarchy alone isn't sufficient to have employees directly connect with the Principals. We have implemented an "anonymous feedback tool" where employees can freely post candid feedback and questions to the leaders to reduce the gap in communication across our company. The Principals are more than willing to free up their calendars to spend time with each employee. We have also planned Principal visits to India every 3-6 months to increase the face time interactions. We know we can do even more and will continue to look for ways to improve our communication better.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Technology but bad mindset.

Feb 16, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will get opportunity to work on good technology but that too alone.

Cons

Worst HR I have ever seen. Lot of involvement of HR in personal choice. If you are married and if your preference for not getting involved in office fun, people will make you feel guilty. As if you had made a blunder. You will be judged. Flexible or no leave policy is just a myth. Will have to give reviews when you join.

Kickdrum Response

Thank you for the feedback. We take this post very seriously and are acting on it to become better. Specifically, we have implemented a new tool for the Leave Policy to streamline the process and to avoid future employee confusion. We like our employees to actively take part in fun activities to bond with their colleagues but we do not force anyone to join anything that is scheduled outside of the office. We are also organizing different types of activities so that our employees can participate in the event(s) of their liking. We do not interfere in the personal lives of our team members although we are here to help if anyone needs us. We have implemented an anonymous tool for our employees to provide management candid feedback without fear of reprimand. We have a very high bar and a great culture and want our team to love what they do. Kickdrum is a great organization to work for as proven via the majority of the posts on this board. And while we understand Kickdrum may not be the right software company for everyone, we will still strive to address and resolve any issue raised.

7. 1.0

Another Worst service based IT Company

Dec 2, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros Good opportunities to learn with some additional benefits regarding food and fun activities.

Cons

Cons 1. If you are a married person or planning to get married please don’t think about this place. Most people don’t know what outside work life is so expecting a work-life balance is like dreaming of landing on Sun. 2. Most of the policies they write on website to lure new joinee are decoy(False) especially the Leave one. They have too many T&C’s attached to that and in such a way that top management can take infinite leaves themselves but not everyone. 3. Working conditions/management during project execution is very bad in majority cases. Many people have left in less than a year.

Kickdrum Response

Thank you for the feedback. We take this post very seriously and are acting on it for the better. Specifically, we have implemented a new tool for the Leave Policy to streamline the process and to avoid future employee confusion. We have implemented a mechanism to receive anonymous input from our employees so that any team member has an internal way to voice concerns without any worry of reprimand. At Kickdrum, we strive for transparency and value communication. We are an organization where any employee can reach out to anyone else on the team at anytime. There is no doubt that we work hard, but we play hard as well. We have a very high bar and a great culture and want our team to love what they do. Kickdrum is a great organization to work for as proven via the majority of the posts on this board. We appreciate the feedback. And while we understand Kickdrum may not be the right software company for everyone, we will still strive to address and resolve any issues raised.

8. 4.0

Work with FUN

Aug 1, 2019 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Get to understand and work on all cloud technologies - Flexibility to work on new technologies - Management is always concerned about your growth(which is a good sign) - Good work environment

Cons

Nothing to share as of now

Kickdrum Response

Thanks for your feedback. Growing and learning every day is one of our core values. We will work harder to keep the good vibes continue.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good work culture and a place where you can learn

Jul 9, 2019 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work and learn. Culture is very good and a lot of fun activities apart from work. Interview process is really good.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of right now.

Kickdrum Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We will continue to make Kickdrum a great place to work!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work with fun & learn with awesome people

Jun 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kickdrum offers the best of all possible benefits. As an employee, I can confirm that the benefits are the best compared to anywhere else I've worked

Cons

Nothing for challenge as now

Kickdrum Response

Thanks for your feedback. We will continue to reward our employees with the best rewards which match their lifestyle and needs. Always open for suggestions. Let's work together to make Kickdrum a great place to work!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great tech firm to work for!!

May 9, 2019 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Has a blend of customer-based and in-house products to work on. Great to have such a blend from an exposure perspective. 2. Very strong team, provides immense learning and collaboration opportunities.

Cons

I haven't faced anything I would put in this section.

Kickdrum Response

Thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews