Knott's Berry Farm Employee Reviews about "minimum wage"

Updated 23 Oct 2020

3.2
Knott's Berry Farm CEO Richard Zimmerman
Richard Zimmerman
Pros
Cons
  • "Also, the pay rate is really low than the minimum wage (Although each year they give you a review and an increase)(in 27 reviews)

• "Low Pay, Horrible work environment(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "minimum wage"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun place"

Former Employee - Knotts Scary Farm

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time

Pros

Fun, meet new friends, and cool experience

Cons

Late hours and don’t really get paid that well but it is a seasonal job so it is minimum wage

Knott's Berry Farm Response

October 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We're glad you enjoyed your experience at Knott's Berry Farm! Thanks for your review. 🎢

2. "Employment Center needs to step it up."

Current Contractor - Sales Associate/Cashier in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking to study and work at the same time, perfect, you came to the right place. Knotts management will ask for your schooling schedule, and prioritize your availability over their needs (holidays, exception). There's a strong communication between employees and supervisors, so long as you take initiative sometimes. There's also plenty opportunities to gain experience in various locations, and so skills.

Cons

Slow seasons can be damaging to your bills, or personal priorities, as hours are cut and shared among the other employees. There are also so many ways you can get in trouble for. Pay is minimum wage plus yearly raise, and that's it if you're a seasonal hiree.

Continue reading

3. "Knott's Hotel is very intense"

Current Employee - Entertainment Specialist in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm part-time for less than a year

Pros

The upbeat, and enthusiasm that is felt with the housekeeping squad, Gisselle, Oscar and Rose. They keep the so called, "family" together, that would otherwise have quit

Cons

1. Stress 2. Inefficiency in the laundry room 3. Unstable schedule 4. Not enough hours 5. The pay is below being mediocre, not quite minimum wage

Continue reading

"Fun job but could be improved by management"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a fun and memorable job because you get to use your ID to enter the park when you're off and the people working there are really friendly (some may also become your lifelong friend). You get to learn a lot from this job, depending on where you work.

Cons

The management in here needs a major improvement. Newly hire people are being promoted while the people who worked there for a while couldn't even get promoted. Also, the pay rate is really low than the minimum wage (Although each year they give you a review and an increase). Most of the buildings needs to be redone like the hotel. But other than that you really wanna watch out for the "Team Leads" and the "Supervisors"

5. "Temporary"

Former Employee - Ride Operator

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm full-time for less than a year

Pros

- being in an amusement park - free costume fitting

Cons

- minimum wage - parking - lack of organization within company

6. "Slary"

5.0
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment Opportunity to move up

Cons

Not at minimum wage yet

7. "Knott’s has lost its appeal"

Hostess (I Guess A Busser Too????) in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm for less than a year

Pros

Free tickets every quarter, extra tickets for working Haunt shifts, friendly co-workers, orientation trainers are great (especially Edward), easy to get hired, and offers employees the opportunity to meet new park guests everyday who always have interesting back stories if you take the time to actually conversate with them

Cons

Low pay (if Knotts could pay less than minimum wage they would) and not enough hours (2-3 days a week 4-6 hours per shift—>ex. You work 3 days for 5 hours per shift that’s 15 hours. 15 hours* $11 per hour is $165 before taxes. Work 4 weeks a month with these hours if you are lucky during “slow season” and you only make $660 per month. I was hired as a hostess at Johnny Rockets and on my first day they trained me as a busser without even asking me if I wanted to do that. Then when I mentioned I rather do the job I was hired to do the management politely “threatened” that if u don’t learn to buss tables then they would only get about 8 hours a week of work. Which technically forces the new hire to do a job that they did not sign up for. And after a day of bussing even though you didn’t sign up to do it, servers are not required to tip their bussers (never heard of that before. EVER!!!!!!!) management here is lazy (just sits in office all day & stands around talking to hostess. They should be walking around the restaurant talking to guests to make sure everyone is happy with their food and service), the servers who are scheduled have the worst customer service and management keeps them around instead of promoting better candidates for the position.

8. "Food Service Worker"

1.0

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time

Pros

Didn't have to stay past midnight like at Knott's Berry Farm

Cons

Very last minute managing, poor management, high expectations for those that were working the minimum wage

9. "Ride Operator"

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers Free admission Cafeteria food was good and cheap

Cons

Guests are rude about height requirements Management is kind of just in their office the whole time minimum wage

"Stressful, tiring, painful, but fun and worth it (for a while)"

4.0
    Former Employee - Ride Operator in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm full-time for less than a year

Pros

The coworkers were great, and what I miss most about the job. The employee cafe was good and much cheaper than any of the other food in the park. On slower days, or when in one of the easier spots, the job was a blast. Free entry to the park (other than special events). During the busy season, lots of hours available.

Cons

Minimum wage, and according to hearsay, very little increase as you move up. Lack of jackets (when I was there), supervisors not rotating spots ("bumping", as it was called) as often as they should, being "bumped over" (skipped in the rotation) when you just want to move to the next spot, lack of water between breaks, erratic schedules, supervisors cross-training on the ride for just a few days before being in charge.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 English Reviews