LUSH North America Reviews

Updated 10 Jun 2021

3.8
LUSH North America CEO and President Mark Wolverton
Mark Wolverton
Pros
  • "product samples and 50% discount(in 126 reviews)

• "Great discount, great people and a product I believe in(in 117 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is going to be a lot of "feedback" from your floor leaders on things that you can improve on(in 52 reviews)

• "Inconsistent DM leadership and lack of leadership from upper management overall(in 52 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0

Fun job, low wages

10 Jun 2021 - Currently Unemployed and Seeking Work in Glendale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a legitimately fun job, I love the type of customer interaction we get at lush, the products are all great, the personality type this business attracts is just a good atmosphere to be around.

Cons

They still pay minimum, or close to minimum wage, which is just not enough for the level of product knowledge they expect you to have and the level of commitment to the products and the community they expect you to have. They really capitalize on this being a fun job, and a company people only apply for because they love the company, to exploit their workers. For a company so committed to fair trade with its suppliers, to ethical treatment of farm workers, to ethical stances against animal testing, its definitely an oversight to not extend that to paying a living wage for employees here.

2. 5.0

awesome

4 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great coworkers, hours were good. a super fun and sometimes fast pace place to work, and everyone is so nice.

Cons

in order to get more hours i had to have an extremely flexible schedule and come in almost every other day with like an hour or two notice, but it worked for me.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Over all company, great. Certain individuals got me to quit - congrats.

23 May 2021 - Manager In Training (MIT)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hands-on Training & follow up for support. Ethics applied pretty throughly throughout.

Cons

Corporate management gets a glimpse, never a full understanding & decides what needs to be done. Often to the detriment of the business & the staff. They pretend to listen & make the staff feel important & then ignore nearly every concern brought to their attention.

Continue reading
    4. 5.0

Love this job

8 Jun 2021 - Sales Ambassador in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to build sales skills. If you enjoy the product it makes it very easy to work here

Cons

Very hard to get promoted

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of Fun, can be frustrating.

9 Jun 2021 - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team mentality room for growth fabulous discount

Cons

Sudden mandatory late night stocking unreliable inventory shipments

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great if you have a great team

27 May 2021 - FloorLeader in Quebec, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great values Great Products Great formations A lot of benefit if full time Took care of their employees even when covid-19 hit somehow, more in the second wave

Cons

Pushy administration Pressure to sell Pressure to make demo on client Highers ups being a bit weird and not following the values

Continue reading
    7. 5.0

Great Place to Work

26 May 2021 - Sales Associate in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working here. The staff and management were incredibly kind and I felt as though the location took the pandemic seriously and put measures in place to keep us safe. The pay was great and so was the employee discount.

Cons

The company encouraged high amounts of interaction with customers which at times had the potential make customers uncomfortable if they just wanted to browse independently.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good Job, Highly Recommend

28 May 2021 - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I actually love the job! It was very cool to work with all of my former co-workers and they're pretty cool!

Cons

The pay and distance from my residence didn't correlate––I wish I got paid more. You may want to get another job if you decide to work here.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good to me for a long time

31 May 2021 - Floor Leader in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount, great coworkers, fairly ethical company

Cons

HQ doesn’t have the best interest of their employees. It’s very much about customers, sometimes to the detriment of employee wellbeing. Management often reflects that too but not always.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good job but also bad

4 Jun 2021 - Floor Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount, (mostly) fun coworkers, good pay

Cons

bad work life balance, managers go on power trips, not transparent with employees about promotions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,565 Reviews