Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Reviews

Found 277 of over 353 reviews

4.3
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services President & CEO David T. Gockel
David T. Gockel
Pros
  • "Comfortable work environment with friendly employees who are very helpful with learning everything(in 26 reviews)

• "Really great work environment and great people(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be tough, high demands on time commitment(in 34 reviews)

• "Long hours, tough work-life balance(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Great Place to Learn and Grow Your Career

31 Aug 2020 - Senior Associate in Northeast, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Langan, you will get the opportunity to truly grow your craft as you learn more about what it means to be an engineering consultant or environmental scientist.

Cons

No two days will be the same. I have been working here for nearly 20 years and I still learn something new - each day.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Employees Pay a Hefty Cost for Phenomenal Career Opportunity(s)

8 Apr 2021 - Senior Project Personnel
      Business Outlook

Pros

The firm's caliber of projects, professionals, and clientele are outstanding and each continually challenge seasoned and developing professionals within the firm. The firm collaborates and utilizes advanced and innovative technologies and research to develop and design client's projects. Work standards are commendably high.

Cons

Opportunity for the firm's professionals to be engaged in the firm's elite projects requires the professionals to be ruthless, extremely aggressive with their subordinates, superiors, and clients (assertiveness is nowhere near adequate to survive in the firm), and dedicate every minute of their time and all their energy to work. Professional achievements and success at the firm come at a hefty cost; work-life balance is non-existent or distorted at best because work IS life at Langan; personal boundaries are often disrespected by management; management is tyrannical and does not accept subordinate's professional goals and satisfactions that are perceived and less than management's own professional goals and satisfaction. Personal well-being (i.e. physical and mental health, personal relationships, and personal satisfactions) is negatively impacted if not sacrificed and destroyed while being employed with the firm.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review and for your years of service at Langan. We appreciate your complimentary words regarding the stature of Langan’s projects, employees and clients. Our commitment to providing creative solutions via cutting-edge technology, commitment to excellence, and highly collaborative environment are key elements we pride ourselves on. We are disappointed to hear that your personal experience starkly contrasts with what our firm strives to cultivate in terms of a well-balanced and fulfilling culture. Langan promotes open communication channels to both management and HR, and provides employees with support and the tools and resources necessary to enable success. While the pandemic has hindered the ability to make in-person visits to Langan’s branch offices, HR and leadership are eager to resume regular visits once the situation is conducive. We appreciate your recommendation regarding manager training – we continue to offer trainings to employees and management, providing knowledge and skills during each stage of career progression. Langan recognizes that organizational success is only possible through the individual successes and the wellbeing of our employees, and we value this in the highest regard. We appreciate your feedback, and the feedback of all past and current employees, as we continuously strive to foster employee satisfaction and success at Langan.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

A positive review as a employer

25 May 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Fen-shan
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company I have ever seen

Cons

This is really a good company.It provide our salary in time in every month,we also get bonuses and tips from here,the bosses and employers are also good and helpful.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Endless Opportunites

18 May 2021 - GIS Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Langan is an entrepreneurial centric company, that focuses on the seller doer metatlity for client and business growth. Very career growth oriented and open minded to new ideas.

Cons

Unclear guidelines for growth up until recently however, the last year they have started initiatives to retain top talent and grow existing staff to become senior leaders.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excited about the employee resource groups!

17 May 2021 - Senior Principal Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Langan has a number of employee resource groups - this is very exciting! We have BlackProfessionals@Langan, Asians@Langan, Queer@Langan, Lantinx@Langan, Women@Langan, and Expats@Langan!

Cons

Langan's progress in diversity inclusion was somewhat slow going for a while but is now ramping up.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

You’ll gain a lot of experience.

5 Jun 2021 - Staff Engineer II in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of work. You’re not at a desk most of the time. Training opportunities available.

Cons

Long hours Working in unfavorable conditions (outdoors in any weather, abandoned buildings, etc.)

7. 5.0

N/A

20 Apr 2021 - Graduate Civil Engineer in Tyler, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

N/A Great company love it. Would work here

Cons

N/A I have nothing bad to say about this company

8. 5.0

Great Company

5 Apr 2021 - Intern in Parsippany, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

you learn something new every day and team members are very helpful!

Cons

nothing so far really, it's just great!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Place to Work

27 Mar 2021 - Staff Geotechnical Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to work on different projects for different industries and good variety of work Management cares about employees Employee centered workplace

Cons

Not really any cons honestly

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture and benefits

17 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and decent vacation time, but still using the separate sick time and vacation time model. Leadership is solid and keeps employees regularly updated on the vision of the company and does a good job of keeping employees happy through events and perks that make everyday office life a little better. Office culture is good and people work hard because they generally like what they're doing.

Cons

Personally, I got stuck doing the same thing for too long without much growth in salary or title, though that could be chalked up to lack of entrepreneurial spirit at the time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 277 Reviews