LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

1.0
LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home; excellent training; retirement plan; rewarding: I worked with people from different cultures (in 240 reviews)

• get to work from home - no commute, pays on time (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 53 reviews)

• No benefits for part time employees (in 53 reviews)

"Company doesn't take care of employees"

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home. Ok as part time job

Cons

Company very demanding with employees, yet their pay is awful not much more than minimum wage., no raises, no bonuses anymore. No incentives for employees to strive for. Recently just add additional shifts without taking into considerations that you have other obligations. Heavy work load. My opinion company getting worst year after year

Advice to Management

You need have better communication with employees., you should offer raises if an employee has outstanding reviews, other wise employees are not motivated to do outstanding job, and we just meet expectations,

2. "This company used to be a great company but not anymore!"

Current Contractor - Nepali Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Contractor - Nepali Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home and flexible schedule.

Cons

Contractors are getting hardly any calls. Lately I have been getting just about an hour a day and on top of that I recently received a letter saying my hourly rate will be cut soon. It used to be a great company when I first started. But recently they have hired a lot of interpreters as employees (paying close to minimum wage) and have been directing the calls to them. There are lots of contractor interpreters like me who signs in for at least 6 hours a day hoping to get calls and we hardly get any calls.

Advice to Management

Please treat the contractor interpreters fairly!

"The worst EXPERIENCE ever"

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Don't ever think of working with them. No bonus , no insurance,no vacation and they don't give notice when they decide to fire you

Cons

I live in houston, TX and they fired me because I wasn't able to attend work during hurricane Harvey

28 Sep 2017 – President and CEO

Though it was difficult to hear, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am sorry that your experience at LanguageLine Solutions has not matched our intention of being the... More

"Spanish OPI interpreter"

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

Work at home flexibility

Cons

They pay .25 a minute to their employees. Some get more some get less but it’s around the same wage for everyone. While they charge their clients dollars for minutes. So you do the math.

Advice to Management

Raise your pay because your competitors are better.

"back to Slavery time"

Former Employee - Arabic Interprer in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Arabic Interprer in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only advantage is working from home

Cons

Plenty of bad things : extremely heavy load of work , you will take a break on time , you have to stay behind working schedule all time the time , you never understand the paying structure that they run , I working over time you don't get paid time and half , they would force you to take days off on some Holidays without getting paid , there is No annual paid two weeks vacation, it would be on your own expenses, and If you dare to take a week OFF , you would subject to Low adherence meaning you be subject to get fired even If you were asking for that week vacation three or four month ahead , . you don't any direct manager that you tell any difficulty . , their practices with their have to be question by state's labor department , I have stayed with company almost two years , I put so much of over time , I passed the test to be medical Interpreter , and that wasn't enough to let me go , they lied about the reason why they had to let me go to avoid telling me the real reason , because I took a week off three month in advance , there was a Guarantee from the CEO after the company been acquired by the French company that " they will keep all employees" but that's not true , they will keep you for their best interest only only , they don't care about anything else

"It's a sweatshop. Poor management who disrespects an interpreters and pays a bare minimum."

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home. No commute to work.

Cons

Although there's no pay for a vacation or a sick days, you still can be denied it. Misleading work description: however you're hired as a medical interpreter, sometimes you don't receive clinical calls for a days. You have to answer all kind of calls: banks, mobile and cable operators, health and auto insurance, IT companies, hotels, courts and other legal and federal institutions, 311, 911, etc. You, basically, work in a high volume call center, which provides an interpretation for any type of business. You have to be a " Jack of all trades" and be familiar with terms and specifics in many areas ( which is practically impossible). You'll get paid bare minimum and your physiological and emotional needs will be disregarded. Meaning, because most of the time, calls are coming non-stop, you wan't be able to go to a bathroom or take a short break, to calm down after an emotionally hard call.
    Even after working for a company for more than 8-10 years, interpreters don't get a raise. On the contrary, at any time your pay can be reduced and if you disagree, you'll have to quit. Or again, at any time, they can force on you a video interpreting, where you'll have to do more work, pay out of your pocket for a high speed internet, without a pay raise.
    You have to wait for a help or an answers from a management for a days. Sometimes you have to call a Help Desk or send a Support Request several times before your issue will be resolved.
    Bottom line, think carefully, before you'll decide to apply for work here. It'll cost you a great stress for a very little pay.

Advice to Management

Become a humans and give a decent pay, respect and support to THE people who earns money for you.
     And oh, it's not suspicious at all, that lately Glassdoor was flooded with a nauseatingly sweet reviews of the company. Put your energy into a good cause of taking care of your interpreters.

"interpreter"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home, good for stay-at-home moms

Cons

low salary, no raises, no actual training, no benefits

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees,

16 Aug 2017 – President and CEO

Though they are difficult to hear, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am sorry that your experience at LanguageLine Solutions has not matched our intention of being the... More

"Most horrible company to work for"

Current Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home
    but sooner you will miss seeing people
    two days off

Cons

bad compensation
    bad benefits
    no paid vacations
    a stressed work environment
    they push the employee to the edge with silly commands and bad reviews
    no encouragement
    the supervisor is biased

Advice to Management

if your employee is working hard at least appreciate their efforts and pay them well because s/he has to tolerate stupid and biased people

"Interpreter"

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

Working from home. That's IT!!

Cons

NO communication from company. Everything said on web page about how they value employees is a lie. Have to communicate to everyone through a request. No one take responsibility at all for anything. No raises of course (we are told NONE ever!!) Tech Support.. you are joking right??

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and see how to make this a great company. I left for greener pastures and believe me they weren't hard to find!!

15 Aug 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I’m sorry to hear the reasons for the change and I take them to heart. I wish you the best of luck in your new role. The fact that you have left... More

"Teleperformance will drive LLS to the ground, just as LLS did with Pacific Interpreters."

Current Employee - All Call Interpreter in Durango, Durango (Mexico)
    Current Employee - All Call Interpreter in Durango, Durango (Mexico)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work from home
    -Assistance with phone and internet service.

Nothing else.

Cons

While in training everyone is so nice and respectful and polite, afterwards not so much.

They treat their interpreters like disposable diapers, once they have spoiled you enough, they just throw you away and get a new one.
    Ever since this company was sold to Teleperformance and Klein became the CEO things went south, so south there is no south anymore beyond them.

Wages got lowered from $0.22 cents to $0.20 cents per minute, overtime pretty much is a no go, as their system will not allow you even though they "enable you" to do so.

Calls are non stop now, and when the day is slow, you are lucky to get 5 calls in a day. They removed the health and medical breaks, their adherence management system is broken most of the time, and what you see in your portal is not accurate, as they will bug you for adherence even though you have been sticking to your schedule.

Quality Assurance dpt is a joke, they do as they please, there are no guidelines, if they feel you are messing up, even though you are not, they will mark you down regardless of the guidelines you were given in the training session. For instance, they said in training "you must interpret meaning by meaning, not word by word", some QA SLS wont give a penny and mark you down for not interpreting everything said word by word, some will mark you down for interpreting word by word instead of by meaning, some will mark you down for adding pleasentries, some will tell you not to modify the speech at all. They do not have quality in their job themselves, how does LLS expect them to rate you if they do what the "f" they want, but 3 mark downs and you are fired no questions asked and no warnings, they just block your access all of a sudden and they tell you "you are fired", by email.

Paycheck was getting cut-down as well as per minute compensation by the month, little by little, i started noticing that by the same amount of worload i was getting paid less and less each and every paycheck. Until they silently cut $30 - $35 dls overall in the course of 1 year.

The technical support, if there is any, is the most incompetent and useless department i have dealt with, they take weeks or even months to solve a simple issue, and those they cannot resolve are blatantly blamed on you, like calls with lots of static or low volume, being dropped or getting stuck in the minute counter. This is also markdown by QA apparently, i do not know what are those guys doing fiddling with IT matters. So the chain of command is also non existent, any department a can mess with the each other when it benefits them, when it benefits you they have no way of communicating among them, what a shame.

The career oportunities are null, i was an all-call interpreter for a while then, i got downgraded to customer service only, after it was purchased by Teleperformance.

Also they made me do a durg test 5 cities away because they did not had a partnership with a laboratoryin my area, with the excuse that they will, overtime, have partners in my city. Travelilng there was out of pocket, it was obligatory and i did it because they renewed my first contract; by the way i was unemployed 1 month after they terminated my old contract, due to some unnamed issues and changes within the company policies and structure, if i didn't do the drug test back then, i will be terminated immediately with no chance of re-admission.

I cannot rant about compensations, because there are not any, medical insurance is a joke as well.

My services were not required anymore because there was a bad electric storm in my area and it shut down the grid, for like 4 hours, after which i returned to my regular schedule after submitting a support request accordingly. The day after my access was blocked and they just told me "your services are no longer required, your access has been revoked. LLS" and then they attached a copy of my SLS report saying that i was out of adherence for 4 hours straight and ra ting me as unsatisfactory in customer service and language skills, which has nothing to do with the weather issue at all, i never had an issue in 14 months and they laid me off because of 1 incident which was out of my control totally, so unfair.

Also, the day of the incident, i had an argument with my assigned SLS due to her rating me unfairly and out of guidelines on my QA lateley
    i even read the guidelines to her to show that we are interpreters, not translators. She got mad and had no arguments at the end and said she will escalate that to her supervisor on a very rude way, then the day after i got fired, no second chance or questions asked.

To summarize, this company sucks they only want to squeeze the juice out of you until you are sand-dry, then they throw you away like garbage when they feel like. Just a bunch of rip-offs and profit-maximizing slavers.

Advice to Management

Scott Klein is to Language Line Solutions what Stuart Snyders was to Cartoon Network.