LendingHome Reviews

Updated 17 Jul 2020

4.1
LendingHome Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer Matt Humphrey
Matt Humphrey
Pros
  • "Employees are encouraged to maintain a healthy work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Interesting tech and free lunch everyday(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is going through growing pains(in 9 reviews)

• "No 401k matching (expect to happen this year - when we are profitable)(in 4 reviews)

"they hire mainy on refrences"

2.0

I have been working at LendingHome full-time

Pros

good company to work for carrer growth

Cons

don't have more work at workplace

March 25, 2019Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback and calling out the career opportunities at LendingHome. We foster internal mobility and provide employees opportunities to grow and learn. In terms of your comment about our hiring processes, we do conduct reference-checks after a candidate has been onsite but that is not one of the main hiring criteria. If you were referring to employee referrals, we do indeed encourage employees to refer people they think are a good fit for our positions but there are many sources of candidates we leverage to find qualified candidates.

"Best mix of challenging and fun!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at LendingHome full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Creative abrasion and accountability are cornerstones to LendingHome culture. Everyone is encouraged to speak up and lead. Personally, as a developing female leader, I have thrived in this environment. This is one of the most genuine and thoughtful leadership teams I have ever worked with, where diversity of approach is often encouraged and applauded.

Cons

We have big goals and a track record of winning. Sometimes, we let our big appetites get in the way of focusing and executing on the most critical initiatives.

Continue reading

"An incredible company with an amazing mission and exciting path ahead"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LendingHome full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* The purpose to help real estate investors grow their business and achieve their financial goals is felt every day in everything we do. It's really great to feel that we are contributing in a meaningful way to the goals of our customers * Exciting opportunities and growth ahead with new products and channels. * A top notch management team with leaders from tech, real estate, finance, capital markets and more * Clarity of goals, priorities and initiatives * One of the most transparent, constructive and authentic cultures I have seen. Leadership communicates frequently what we're seeing in the market, how we're responding and how we came to decisions. We also include perspectives and input from around the company through frequent 1:1s, team meetings, quarterly surveys and open AMAs in company meetings * Genuinely an amazing team of professionals that all want to come together to do great work, solve hard problems and help our customers

Cons

There are always small incremental improvements to be made, but no major issues I would call out here.

Continue reading

"My experience still haunts me"

1.0

I worked at LendingHome full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good perks, made some good friends, generous salary, beautiful office

Cons

Didn't feel respected as a woman, was not given opportunities to grow, didn't feel comfortable

July 11, 2020CEO

thank you for your time at lendinghome. we wouldn't have had such a good run without everyone being committed and passionate to get us here. i would also like to start by saying thank you for your candor and feedback. and congrats with your new opportunity. we enjoy seeing our alumni do well and i wish you all the best. we wish you would have brought these concerns up to us during your 3 years at lendinghome. that said, please feel free to follow up with me directly if there are more specifics you want to share. even though you’re now onto your next endeavor, please consider that line of communication still open. i would like to hear from you. we absolutely don’t want any of our employees feeling their perspectives aren’t heard, that their skillset isn’t valued, or that they aren’t included. this is an important message to me, our leadership team, the board, and more. there is always more to do to make this a place where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. we’ll reflect and review the areas you brought up to see what we can do better. but i would also like to highlight some of the progress we’ve made and add a few data points to some of the things you brought up. first, the recent layoffs impacted men and women equally in line with the composition of the workforce. 40% of our executive team is female, and 42% of our overall leadership group is female. every quarter we ask our employees whether they feel their perspectives are heard and considered and these scores are very high (5.6 out of 6) and the same for women and men. this diversity of perspectives, not just in race/gender but also experience, background, ability, has been instrumental in us improving the business by leaps and bounds over the last couple of years. we would not have made the huge progress without a strong, diverse, and aligned team like this. let me state again that we absolutely still have work to do to continue improving diversity, inclusion and belonging for all, and at the same time we’ve made huge progress on this and honestly i’m proud of the workplace and culture we’ve built here with the best talent from all walks of life. -matt

5. COVID-19

"Fantastic place to work with the best humans on earth"

Former Employee - Lendinghome in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at LendingHome full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will never come across a more supportive work environment. Everyone wants everyone to succeed at this company.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot say a single bad thing about the company. I would have stayed with the company for years if COVID-19 hadn't forced the company to downsize.

"Get your lips ready"

1.0
    Former Employee - Loan Analyst

I worked at LendingHome full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snacks. Catered lunch on Fridays, which as it turns out is a huge waste of money.

Cons

They say it’s all about the “fit” but then hire young cheap people who clearly don’t fit in. Probably because they went to Pitt or were an athlete. Supervisors can come from any department so often they don’t know how to do your job. Get ready to kiss a lot of rear end, you must “like” every message or respond to every email with “lets go!!!!!!!!” to be looked at favorably. The policies and procedures for UW are a joke. This place has been open a few years and nobody has any idea what’s going on. All questions must go up the chain because no authority is given to the UW’s to make any decisions on their own. For a “fintech” company, the tech sure can’t handle too much capacity and slows down/freezes multiple times a day. The review process is pier to pier. The team lead organizes the feedback into a document, has you read it and then asks, “any questions?” That’s your review, 30 seconds thanks for nothing. HR and IT, who clearly don’t have enough to do bounce around the office causing commotion and flirting with the people here and there. Loud, obnoxious and causes distractions to those sitting 2 feet away. Oh, also no cubicles or offices. You’re packed in like sardines. Just hope the person sitting next to you showered that morning, but they probably didn’t and will probably brag about getting drunk the night before because everyone is 23 and wears basketball shorts and hats as office attire. Very unprofessional. Someone on here mentioned how caring everyone is, that was obviously a joke.

July 27, 2020VP of People

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about LendingHome's culture. We would welcome a discussion on any of the points you mentioned, and feel free to reach out to me or any member of the management team. We don't recognize ourselves in what you described here but we're open to chat and learn more about your experiences!

7. COVID-19

"Great company to build career as Ruby Full Stack Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at LendingHome full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff engineers with experience in Agile development, and they all care deeply about the system architecture.

Cons

The company is basically based off on the stability of the real estate market. During normal days it won't be a problem, but since COVID, the market is basically shut down.

"Smart people, fast team"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LendingHome full-time

Pros

Really talented engineering team, friendly and helpful culture. Strong emphasis on work ownership.

Cons

However, not much diversity. Could work on that.

"Kids making decisions"

Current Employee - Loan Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at LendingHome full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give snacks in lieu of money or a raise

Cons

Kids making decisions, must drink the kool aid from day 1. They make a big deal out of the tech but it goes down multiple times a day and they won’t pay for Microsoft office.

10. "Great"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LendingHome full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, no egos, and good engineering team

Cons

I cannot think of any at the moment

Found 99 reviews