Liberty Mutual Insurance Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 24 Jan 2021

3.8
Liberty Mutual Insurance President & CEO David H. Long
David H. Long
2,640 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great work/life balance and WFH opportunities (even pre-covid)(in 582 reviews)

• "great company that offers great benefits and work/life balances(in 397 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"

2.0
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Advisor in Plano, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

-Great benefits -Team-oriented environment -Very competitive pay: salary is not great, but there is uncapped commission and it is possible to make $100k-$200k per year -Tuition Reimbursement -Career Advancement

Cons

-Extremely stressful -Very aggressive sales goals -Inbound call center environment -Overtime is not required, but it feels like it is. Sometimes, the scheduling team will update your schedule with lunch overtime without your consent (you can request your full lunch time) -Commission checks differ vastly from month-to-month making it harder to budget (unless you work 1-2 hours of overtime per day) -The career advancement is kind of a joke. There are two ways to "prove" yourself at the company: you either work 1-2 hours of overtime per day to become a top seller, or you get in with the right people in leadership. -Most of the sales supervisors and managers, to your face, will act like they want you to advance in your career, but behind close doors will do nothing to help advance your career

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

January 15, 2021Talent & Enterprise Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that you’re feeling overextended. We’re always looking for better work-life-balance solutions for our employees. Over the past couple of years, we’ve made significant changes to the way we work, the space we work in, the technology we use and even our dress code to encourage greater flexibility in the workplace. This is an on-going evolution and we rely on feedback like yours to ensure our policies reflect the reality for our employees.

2. "Fast paced, relatively high stress. Roles and duties evolve. Flexibility is key."

Former Employee - Field Claims Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, non-branded company car, usually good management.

Cons

Conflicting goals and objectives, can require long hours with high stress.

Continue reading

3. "Summer Legal Internship"

Former Intern - Law Clerk in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and a diverse workplace. Attorneys were willing to help.

Cons

Sometimes the workload was slow.

4. "Awesome"

5.0
    Current Employee - Claim Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

great company and great benefits, flexible

Cons

Very competitive when attempting to change roles

5. "Great Company Overall"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Great benefits; positive culture; transparent

Cons

Disorganized when it comes to streamlining processes.

6. "Amazing Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, performance bonuses, great PTO, good work-life balance

Cons

The workload can get overwhelming, PTO structure needs refining, upper management tends to micromanage alot

7. "Great salary"

Current Employee - Gold Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salary, great benefits. Has an atmosphere like no other. Employee focused

Cons

Ever changing. Not a lot of room for growth like they advertise.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

December 7, 2020Talent & Enterprise Services

We appreciate your review, but we're sorry to see that you wouldn't recommend us based on your experience. We set high expectations for our employees, but we always aim to back up those expectations with communication and manager support. We'd encourage you to speak with your manager about your questions and concerns so we can work to make improvements.

8. "great job"

5.0
    Current Employee - Subrogation Specialist

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

great company that offers great benefits and work/life balances

Cons

some fields don't offer much promotion

"Good company, but it's lost its luster"

Former Employee - Assistant Director, Adv Analytics in Cincinnati, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, Flexible Work Arrangements

Cons

Sr. Management has had same communicated vision to be top 3 carrier for 10 years with no real progress toward goal. There is are frequent reductions-in-force that frequently are the result not of changing market conditions as senior leadership wants to indicate, but poor planning. As example, the company completely eliminated business analyst positions with their shift to Agile, but did not address in the new agile model who should do that work. This resulted in severe gaps that forced remaining employees to do more work with less resources. The company despite having record profits year over year continues to squeeze expenses using incomprehensible methods. As example, people traveling for work were told they couldn't order breakfast on company dime, while the company would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to give everyone in the company a small branded item or mailer. Not to mention the well published story that the company spent millions of dollars renovating the CEO's office when he assumed his role in 2012. While salary and benefits are competitive, your success really depends on who your manager is at the company. Some leaders are great and will work hard to recognize talent. Other groups though are decidedly less invested in promoting talent which is discouraging. There are frequent changes in reporting structure due to the constant realignments/reorgs which makes it challenging to not only get work done, but to also advance one's career.

Continue reading
  10. "Disappointing Decision Making"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits Awesome time off policy Competitive pay and salary

Cons

Highly politicized decision making Super low trust culture

Viewing 1 - 10 of 397 Reviews