Life.Church Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.9
Life.Church Senior Pastor Craig Groeschel
Craig Groeschel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is no higher calling than to be a part of our mission to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ" (in 18 reviews)

• "The unapologetic focus on our mission of leading people to become fully devoted follower of Christ" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Mission Minded"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission of Life.Church has remained the same throughout the years and keeps the entire staff focused. However, the way we go about achieving that mission has changed with the times to foster innovation and risk-taking ideas.

We also have a culture of development - both professional and personal. We all strive to improve and bring our best every day. This culture helps us to get out of the "that's how we always do it" mindset and encourages taking on challenges to stretch individuals to propel the organization forward.

Plus, there are great benefits and perks such as health care, FSA, employer-match 401k, and many more.

Cons

It's a growing, learning organization, so if you're not comfortable with change, pivots, and fast-paced work environment it might not be a fit for you.

2. "Can’t believe this is my “job”"

Current Employee - Project Leader in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Project Leader in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where to start?! Life.church changed my life and now I get to see others lives changed because of this church. The pay is decent, the benefits are AMAZING, and the culture is like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Leaders actually care about your life, personally and professionally, and you’ll always have opportunities to grow and stretch yourself. There are tons of opportunities for moving up in leadership, conferences and meetings where top leaders pour into you. It’s amazing to be a part of what God is doing here. You’ll work with the best of the best.

Cons

Long hours at times, work/life balance is tricky sometimes, if you don’t want to move campuses/cities/states then this probably isn’t for you. I’ve never worked harder in my life, but it’s so worth it when people are coming to know Jesus.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in employees!

3. "Couldn’t imagine working anywhere else!"

Current Employee - Youth Pastor in Catoosa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Youth Pastor in Catoosa, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have by far the healthiest culture i have ever seen! You feel incredibly honored and incredibly inspired to give your best to reach people. All this comes with no shortage of opportunities to learn and grow!

Cons

Some would say the high feedback culture is difficult if you are not ready for it. I personally enjoy it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

21 Feb 2019 – Recruitment Coordinator

We’re glad to hear you enjoy working at Life.Church! Thank you for sharing your experience.

4. "An incredible place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible people, very generous benefits, mission driven, outstanding leadership, work with a purpose, great facilities, invest in your development and growth, culture of feedback

Cons

I don't have real cons of working at Life.Church. It is a hard place to work in the best kind of way. The work you do is meaningful and requires sacrifice, the expectations are high, and people don't hesitate to share their feedback with you. These aren't cons unless you're not ready to commit to something like that.

5. "I can’t imagine ever not working here."

Current Employee - Associate Pastor in Edmond, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Pastor in Edmond, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I left a career to come work at Life.Church and I can’t imagine ever going back! This is an organization that invests in you, takes care of you, helps you get better and so much more. You work really hard but it’s worth it. The mission is clear and you strive towards that every day. I love the team I’m a part of and I love what I do every single day. I’m a better leader, friend, and follower of Christ since I stepped on this team!!

Cons

It’s a high feedback culture and you’ll work harder than you’ve ever worked. But it will make you better and knowing you’re pushing the mission forward makes it all worth it.

21 Feb 2019 – Recruitment Coordinator

We are so glad you have a positive experience working at Life.Church! Thank you for making Life.Church such a great place to work.

6. "Get Ready To Grow"

Current Employee - LifeGroups/LifeMissions Pastor
    Current Employee - LifeGroups/LifeMissions Pastor

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in - great co-workers, high focus on personal growth and self-awareness, and an organization that really cares for the well-being of its employees. Overall, the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization is amazing.

Cons

You get to learn how to take and process feedback quickly - it's not so much a con, just a beneficial challenge.

7. "Fast paced and Fulfilling!"

Pros

Working at LC is not a job it’s a calling! LC has some of the best leadership on the planet and they invest in every employees leadership. It is a great workplace environment where everyone feels valued and absolute trust is extended. The annual review process is based on goals you set and there is frequent communication with your team leaders on those goals so you always know where you stand. The benefits package is second to none and LC really takes care of their people. No matter what your gifts and talents or personality you get to see lives changed every day and your work has an eternal implication.

Cons

Working at LC can be very fast-paced and challenging at times. The mission is so critical and growth is not optional, it’s expected. Expect a high-level of feedback and to be asked to lead through situations you’ve never led through. You can expect to fail and learn from those failures in a fast paced kingdom focused environment.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your investment in all of us, I am a better husband, father, leader and follower of Christ because of you.

21 Feb 2019 – Recruitment Coordinator

"Growth is not optional, it's expected." So good! Thank you for helping us get better as an organization!

8. "Couldn't ask for a better place to work."

Current Employee - Youth Pastor in Edmond, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Youth Pastor in Edmond, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Craig Groeschel is the best leader I've ever seen. Strong culture. Clear mission and values. Treated incredibly well by the organization.

Cons

Ministry is messy because people's lives are often messy and its our job to help people walk through the mess and live a better life.

Advice to Management

Fight complexity and reinforce culture as much as possible as we continue to grow.

9. "Picture of Health"

Current Employee - Pastor in Edmond, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Pastor in Edmond, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Truly healthy and fun team environment, excellent healthcare and retirement benefits, high value on authenticity, timely and relevant feedback, innovative culture, clear vision, mission, and values. Innumerable opportunities to grow personally and professionally.

Cons

Adjusting to the pace of this organization can be challenging.

10. "Couldn't have asked for a better place to work."

Current Employee - Analyst, Systems in Edmond, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst, Systems in Edmond, OK (US)

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Personal Development is huge, high feedback culture, people here are mission driven, there is a high excellence culture, you are given every opportunity to succeed, everyone leads with trust. The list goes on and on, culture is amazing. The benefits are extremely competitive, especially the health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, phone plan, and childcare (on premises at central offices!)

Cons

Sometimes the soft drink dispenser is occasionally out of carbonation...and that's a serious problem. s/
    Seriously, expect to work harder than you ever have before, not because someone is breathing down you neck and forcing you to, but because you WANT to! Also, you will be pushed to be the best that you can be ALL THE TIME (that's almost never an easy road). (These probably should have been in the Pros section)

Advice to Management

Never lose the passion, belief, and foundation that has taken you this far. Stay in the zone! Continue to pour into your employees.