LightSpeed VT Reviews

Updated 4 Jan 2019

4.0
LightSpeed VT Founder and CEO Brad Lea (no image)
Brad Lea
  1. "Best Job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything. Awesome management, free lunch Fridays, 401k match, birthday OFF and a supporting group of people

Cons

The biggest con is that the doors are locked on the weekend.

Continue reading

"A real no where company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst

I worked at LightSpeed VT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Modern office and free lunch on Friday

Cons

CEO is extremely arrogant and sexist. In his mind he thinks Lightspeed is a multimillion company with thousands of employees. So he treats employees like they're easily replaceable, but they're not and everyone knows it. The smartest employees are given a hard time and eventually quit or are fired. CEO makes decisions based on favoritism and emotions. Biased and unprofessional. Young, good looking females are shown the most favor, the CEO is a misogynist.

October 15, 2018CEO

Dear Sir/Ma'am Thank you for the honest and open feedback. Although you are entitled to your opinion, I must challenge both your opinion and perspective. Although the concept did start in my mind, the reality is, LightSpeed is a multi-million dollar company, but not with thousands of employees. In fact, we only have 61 currently. To be honest, it does seem like thousands every time payroll comes around, but that's only because we pay so well. I think this is why most of our employees like working here so much! On second thought, it could be the free-lunches, monthly bonuses for innovative ideas or the fact that we value them so much. This company would not be the same without our team members. I would say, they are irreplaceable! Further, no employees are given a hard time, let alone the "smartest" ones. They are too smart to allow or accept that kind of behavior. As far as your comments regarding my decision making, they are inaccurate. I make decisions based solely off facts, analytics, feedback and data, which tell me that it is irrelevant what age, gender or race someone is, as long as they can do the job, produce the results and provide value. That is why I have no preference on the demographic make up of our team and only focus on the results that it produces. Young, old, good-looking or ugly...I couldn't care less, as long as they produce the desired results! In closing, even though I admire the attempt to use buzzwords like misogynist, sexist and arrogance to create a dramatic effect, I must say that based on facts, data and employee surveys, your opinions and perspectives are not only surprising, but inaccurate, to say the least. With that said, I will try to use your feedback and advice to improve the company, the culture and, of course, myself. Thank you for taking the time to write this!

"My friends are jealous I work here!"

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time

Pros

-CEO is a trip in a good way! He makes work fun and random which is good so you don’t get bored. -You get rewarded and acknowledged when you do things that help everyone else and the company. -All departments are connected so it’s a team effort from start to finish. You slack, that means someone else can’t do their part so this job turns you into a team player. -Free lunch Friday’s? Heck ya! -Game room to decompress if needed so you can come back refreshed and kick butt later. -Day off on your birthday...whattt? -Great benefits -Just amazing people to work with!

Cons

-This is a results oriented kind of job, so you have be on top of your work and make sure you are contributing what is expected of you....so you gotta have it! -No fishing in the lake, bummer. -Can be a demanding job so you always have to be on your A game. -It’s a fast pace environment so you have to be able to keep that up.

April 10, 2018CEO

We appreciate your review. You are obviously a talented and appreciated individual. Keep up the great reviews....err, I mean, WORK!

"Great place to work with great folks & innovative technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun & inspirational place to work Nice, clean office environment with casual atmosphere Opportunity for advancement & learning new technologies Really cool co-workers Great benefits Free lunches on Fridays Game room with BEER when you need a break

Cons

You are challenged to bring you A-game here, folks. if you don't hold yourself accountable, give 100% each day and have a lousy work ethic you will not make it here. Plain and simple.

April 10, 2018CEO

Yeah, what "_________" said!

"Great platform and team"

4.0

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees Benefits 401k Salaries Perks

Cons

Culture Training Clients Entitlement Relationships

April 10, 2018CEO

Interesting advice. I appreciate your input. I will take this under full advisement after I am done creating our client appreciation bonus plan!

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time

Pros

- Free lunch on Fridays - Free beer! - Game room - Awesome team

Cons

- Hard to be average here

April 10, 2018CEO

We understand your concern. We will be considering "Average Fridays" where the employees that just want to be average can enjoy a day of being like the people who can't work here.

"Outstanding place to work!"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Most certainly! Everyone here is.

Cons

Not many, we do background checks.

April 10, 2018CEO

Thank you, anonymous....we shall!

"Great place to work at!!"

Current Employee - Client Care Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time for less than a year

Pros

FREE LUNCH - BEER - GREAT CULTURE - COOL LAIDBACK PEOPLE - DARTS - POOL - GAME ROOM - Golden Knights Games!! - Killer Christmas Parties - Don't get pressure from management - You're able to move up, many opportunities - Do your job well and thats all they care about! Great Job!

Cons

We don't get Canes on free lunch fridays. Also can't really get by here by doing the bare minimum.

April 10, 2018CEO

Well, we shall fix this travesty post-haste! Please inform the free lunch coordinator to get Canes in the rotation! Meanwhile, we will keep doing what we're doing!

"Great place for winners"

Current Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product is known and loved by some of the biggest influencers in the world. We have also been able to generate massive revenues and results for our clients. Nothing on the market comes close to what we have to offer and that is something in which I have a lot of pride.

Cons

We only get free lunch on Fridays ;) work can be demanding, only the strong survive.

10. "Proud Employee"

I have been working at LightSpeed VT full-time

Pros

I love working at LightSpeed VT! Not only do we work hard, but we also have fun. We live by our mission which is to inspire people to learn by delivering the most engaging, innovative and reliable training solution in the world. I'm so proud to work here!

Cons

Fast-paced environment. If you're used to a slower vibe, we don't have one. There's always something fun and exciting going on!

April 10, 2018CEO

Our plans to slow down have been delayed...sorry.

Found 18 reviews