Localsearch Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2021

Found 40 of over 54 reviews

4.6
Localsearch Executive Director Catherine McGarry (no image)
Catherine McGarry
Pros
  • "Working with the Localearch team has provided me with not only unlimited income, but it has also provided a flexible work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• "1 digital marketing service in Australia(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They consider employees as disposable, the last couple of years has seen large redundancies(in 3 reviews)

• "Every business has to evolve, especially one moving from traditional to digital marketing(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not bad

Jul 7, 2021 - Software Engineer in Robina, Queensland
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fun place to work with some very talented team members

Cons

Can get too political at times

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great

Aug 26, 2020 - Graphic Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room to grow, Great lifestyle

Cons

none that i can think of at the moment

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Loving what I do

Feb 10, 2020 - Digital Marketing Consultant in Newcastle
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company really values their people, been with the company for over 6 years, and still enjoy what I do.

Cons

Caring too much about my clients and their success

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company, with quality staff

Dec 13, 2019 - BI Developer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good culture, interesting and challenging work, nice company atmosphere. Really good place to work, has been a pleasant surprise Great to work near the shops, and the food options are great.

Cons

nothing to say here n/a

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Keeps getting better

Nov 11, 2019 - Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the time that I've been with Localsearch, I've watched this business go from good to even better. I would never work for a company that doesn't treat its clients with the utmost care, attention, honesty and fairness, and it's for that reason that I've stayed with Localsearch for 5 years and have no plans to leave anytime soon. My personal values and ethics align with Localsearch's business philosophies and that allows me to feel good about going to work every morning.

Cons

The transformation from a traditional media offering to multiple digital offerings has been very challenging at times, but I feel like Localsearch is doing a fine job of managing this massive change.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Progressive company with ambitious growth plans

Oct 14, 2019 - Chief Strategy Officer in Robina, Queensland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Localsearch is a company with a strong and supportive culture full of talented and motivated people. We are a fast moving, evolving business, with ambitious plans to be the No.1 digital marketing service in Australia. We are proud of the 28,000 plus small businesses we have supported across Australia over the past 25 years and excited about our future.

Cons

You need to enjoy change and be adaptive.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Thank you for your review. Our company culture is important to Localsearch, and so is supporting our thousands of clients across Australia. Derek @ Localsearch

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love the Family

Sep 13, 2019 - Team Lead in Robina, Queensland
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love a company that wants to grow and evolve for the right reasons. Who trust in their good stuff to get the job done but can also have fun too. I am someone who loves change and learning new things - so this fast paced environment is exciting - as soon as I walked in the door I felt home. I have learnt more in my role in 12 months then I did in 10 years in my last role.

Cons

I don’t sleep well as I am always thinking about what we can do next.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Work hard. Play hard. That's what we do in this family. Thanks for your feedback. Derek @ Localsearch

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do your research before working here

Oct 16, 2019 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy access to the Robina Town Center shops.

Cons

Local Search, Formally Local Directories, Formally PDC (do a google search for Project Wickenby) Is a company to avoid if you can at all help it. Though it is a legitimate directory publisher similar to the Telstra owned Sensis and it was once a cash cow for its owners, it now struggling to be relevant in the digital age. Sales staff are basically commission only sales reps, that if they were not selling advertising would be selling spoons, toasters, cars, air conditioning, anything really. None of them have any real knowledge of online marketing. Most of the managers are self-serving long-term staff who got their role though their ability to say yes to literally anything and I mean anything. They also have zero leadership training and skills. The business has very little integrity, pays below industry standard wages and has zero regard for Australia Employment law. If they want to get rid of someone they just do and worry about the consequences later. Non-genuine redundancies and unlawful sackings are common. The company has a historical litany of scandals including ATO tax fraud. Serious driving offences by one of the owners as well as stealing the intellectual property of Sensis (blatantly copying the listing of their competitor) Their offices were raided by the Federal Police in 2003 and two of the directors have served prison sentences. Once this review goes up they will in short notice write a number of fake positive reviews to counter any negative ones. They really are that shameless. Due to their inability to react to market and technology change I suspect the company is dying a death by 1000 cuts and I would imagine it will eventually be dissolved or divested. No one uses phone books any more, their books are getting smaller and smaller. No one needs overpriced underperforming online advertising with an online directory service. Any small business should have its own website and Facebook pages are free and one of the best means of driving business to your enterprise. There are some good people that work at local search, also and it may be ok to work there for a short-term income situation until you find something decent. Otherwise I would avoid.

5 people found this review helpful

Director of Sales and Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, however it's unclear to us by your review which specific aspects of our business you would be happy to see us improve. We noticed you've made mention of the previous brand names we've traded as throughout our successful 26 year legacy servicing Australian small businesses through both traditional and digital media, but are struggling to understand why the evolution of our business over two and half decades has been cited by you as a negative. Feel free to send me a personal email if you wish to provide additional feedback. Thank you! Derek @ Localsearch derek.rowe@localsearch.com.au

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

There's nothing fake about Localsearch!

Sep 19, 2019 - Customer Success Team Member in Mar del Plata
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Localsearch less than a year ago - and let me tell you - all of these positive reviews are true! It's a great place to work. I came from an unrelated industry with no digital marketing experience (apart from the usual - Facebook, Instagram accounts etc) I was hired, because I love people, I love helping people and LS want people who want to help our customers navigate the complex world of digital. I am so grateful that LS didn't see my lack of digital knowledge as a disadvantage. Why? Because they have a room full of experts who teach me every day! I brought my personality, my thirst for learning and my customer focus. And as they say, the rest is history :) Culture? Well, culture is everyone's responsibility. I don't hold Localsearch responsible for babysitting me through my career. I'm an adult and it's up to me, to decide whether I want to encourage a positive workplace or a toxic one. I choose positive. It's working out great, so far :)

Cons

Some of the downsides of working at Localsearch? Every company who is developing and growing will experience pain. Sometimes we run too fast, sometimes not fast enough. Sometimes, we expect more than we should. I'd say it's pretty normal and while you can sometimes feel like a deer in the headlights, it's refreshing and reassuring to know that the main attitude is "Let's work together to get on the same page" I've heard first-hand when executives have put their hands up and said "We made an error there, let's fix it and learn from it" I've never felt like my contribution doesn't matter in some way. I've never felt like I didn't matter. The mistakes are part of the journey and everyone works together to do better next time.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Sales and Marketing

Thank you for the passion that you contribute to our business. Derek @ Localsearch

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Place To Be

Jul 30, 2019 - Customer Success Specialist in Robina, Queensland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Besides from the gorgeous rooftop with built-in kitchen, tables, benchtops, Fresh fruit and bread every Tuesday, drinks cart every Friday afternoon and beautifully calming and focus-driven atmosphere, Localsearch is an amazing place to work. Everyone is always welcomed into the family with open arms and support each other. Many people have made life-long friendships, learnt their true passions and gained tonnes of experience. As someone who came into Localsearch as a 19yr old girl that was rarely given the chance, Localsearch welcomed me in and gave me the chance to prove myself and show that I knew my stuff. After being here for a year, I know this is where I want to be! Localsearch is an amazing place to work. With fundraisers for charity, pyjama days, constant ability to improve on our knowledge and their staff and clients' best interests' at heart, Localsearch is THE place to work.

Cons

Cons? Umm besides the fact that the vending machine on the ground floor and I have become quite close (Sorry wallet), I'd have to say that there is nothing worth mentioning

Director of Sales and Marketing

More building improvements coming! And we'll continue to celebrate diversity in this business -- welcoming any and all who want to come on board the LS train. Thanks for taking the time to send your feedback. Derek @ Localsearch

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews