Lord Abbett & Co. Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Lord Abbett & Co. Supervisor Reviews

Updated 21 Jun 2018

1.9
Lord Abbett & Co. President and CEO Douglas B. Sieg (no image)
Douglas B. Sieg
1 Rating

"This review is solely based on working in Operations, which in it's current state, is a sinking ship"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Lord Abbett & Co. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Location, relatively small <1K employees, large private cubicles, cafeteria, reasonable hours, sensitive managers (depends on group - I was fortunate), great view, free gym (small and not great for real fitness enthusiasts)

Cons

The politics of operations have driven it into the ground. Most recently, we had a partner laid off. Someone who had contributed to the firm for many years simply disappeared one morning with nothing more than a one sentence mention at the very end of an operational announcement email. Mysterious consultants roaming the halls with a dedicated conference room to themselves and regular meetings in the COO’s office. Analysts from lesser performing groups are being utilized to fill positions requiring industry experience with managers having little input. Positions that would otherwise be filled externally. CEO Q/A sessions where he praises sales, marketing, investments yet absolutely no mention of core services. Many believe this is just another indication that most of ops will be outsourced and ultimately downsized. Recent talk of moving the company because of cost savings and underutilized space. I personally believe that this is due to upcoming layoffs. Lastly, I was very happy during my time at Lord Abbett and at a time where I was weighing my options, the changes just kept coming. The high, positive energy employees almost never stay due to the environment and I eventually fell victim to this as well. You will be suppressed to some extent. If you read my notes above, the writing is on the wall. Do not accept an offer if it is in operations and if you are a current employee reading this, get that resume together. Good luck.

Continue reading
    Lord Abbett & Co.2018-06-22

"A once promising company decimated by the upper management."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Lord Abbett & Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gym on site, good health benefits, decent cafeteria.

Cons

Lord Abbett is a company lead by people who do not like people. The upper management, consisting of 5 to 6 people, have no interest or understanding of the products involved in the funds they manage. This is left to the middle management. Little to no support is provided to the staff to perform their job tasks. When something goes wrong the staff is fingered with harsh consequences. Staff turnover rate very high. Commuting is very tough for those who live in the suburbs (not really the firm's fault bug rather the state's).

Continue reading
    Lord Abbett & Co.2014-08-09

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews