Lucideus Reviews

Updated 22 Jul 2020

4.2
Lucideus CEO & Co-founder Saket Modi (no image)
Saket Modi
Pros
  • "Amazing work environment and teams(in 15 reviews)

• "A very positive environment and work culture you won't feel dull throughout the entire day(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons to my knowledge & experience here(in 9 reviews)

• "Long working hours as any growing startup, but the culture and the challenging work makes you want be the absolute best version of yourself(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work, Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Bangalore

I have been working at Lucideus full-time

Pros

As a person who was committed to seeing his startup through, I was very skeptical about working with another organization but to my surprise when I joined Lucideus, it did not feel much different. The culture is so dynamic and open. Besides, the extraordinary process of Knowledge Transfer across different teams working in different projects is really beneficial both in understanding where the company is headed and in upskilling as an individual. In the little time that I have been working here, I already feel being part of something big

Cons

Probably not an ideal choice for "9 to 5" people.

2. COVID-19

"Great Environment to be part of."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New Delhi

I have been working at Lucideus full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great team leaders from who you can learn and upscale your personality - open culture, where you can reach out to anyone with just a slack message - you get opportunities to get involved in tech sessions and people are always ear to suggestions and provide necessary guidance as well. - regular fun meetings are always a plus in releasing work pressure - cool workplace, although missing it due to lockdown. - use of up to date industry tech stack, which helps you keep upgrade of your tech skills. - people trust on their employees, that they will deliver expectations within deadline without actually micro-managing them.

Cons

Not as such, as I have always liked the startup environment, but you get a startup culture in a quite structured way.

3. "Kickstart your dreams, best place for cyberSec enthusiasts"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New Delhi

I have been working at Lucideus full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Cybersecurity Exposure - Techies often end up wanting to learn about cybersecurity and land far from the real world. This is by far the best place for infosec. There is an entire dedicated department working on keeping updated with the latest advancements in the field not just theoretically but actual implications on live platforms. * Learning and development sessions - There are learning sessions organised within teams wherein people impart knowledge with hands-on demonstrations. These are oriented around the latest frameworks, technologies, cyber threats, etc * Development Workflow - The entire workflow is purely AGILE, which helps to make things organised and smoother. Also, there are experienced product architects who diligently guide the way forward. * Workforce - Young minds under the supervision of experienced upper management. This is a competitive environment that encourages you to try harder and catch up quick which may sound daunting but is fun and healthy.

Cons

* Working hours can get stretched

"Company should change its name to Saket Modi"

2.0

I have been working at Lucideus full-time

Pros

ECS team Learning scope Young and talented employees

Cons

CEO- Narcissist Micro Management SAFE SAFE SAFE SAFE ME- the product is not at all "revolutionary " There are procrastinators, liars but they will target the hardworkers only

5. COVID-19

"A Startup with Great Vision and Culture!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Lucideus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership has a great vision for the company and where they want to go. Company culture is awesome. They have ensured everyone is safe and sound. I think they asked everyone (even the Sales team) to WFH weeks before Lockdown was announced by the Government due to Covid-19. This is something you don't get to see in early age startups. And this step has paid well, everyone is happy and working towards the company's goals. Good processes in place when it comes to work and other HR-related activities. Good Work-Life Balance.

Cons

As Lucideus is in its early phase, there are hiccups that do arise when it comes to planning and feature development. But that is something that is bound to happen and will improve with time.

"Not a good company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in New Delhi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Lucideus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning opportunities People are helpful within team

Cons

1. They will make you work 12 hours per day 2. They will give give you variable salary component and willgive 0% variable at the end 3. Their policies keep on changing 4. Promotions are not given according to your work, but it will be given if you are behing manager everytime. 5. HR management is worst 6. Lot of politics. 7. Will make you work on weekends

"Save yourself from the mental torture!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

I worked at Lucideus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe the work life balance, apart from that nothing.

Cons

Where do I start - a. The HR team is ridiculous, no experience and have no idea half the time what they are doing. They will make your life more difficult than making it easy. Despite several complaints, one would wonder why has there been no change in this team. b. Please read the reviews here, try and weed out the reviews with 5 star rating. Lucideus does this excercise of asking thier employees to post positive feedback here so the bad ones get drowned out. Personally reach out to ex employees to have a clear picture. I regret not heeding to the bad reviews here. c. Terrible work culture, if you can call it that. Toxic environment, inexperienced people being made heads who boss around will be the reason why this company which is still in start-up phase despite being there for more than 7 years! d. They can absolutely bring in good talent and manage to demoralise them and ensure they quit in 5-6 months. That's the maximum a person can survive here. Personally there were days where I thought, it's better to unemployed and have my mental peace than working here. *Thankfully* I got out of it soon.

8. COVID-19

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Lucideus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here at Lucideus has absolutely a jumbo ride for me full of challenges, networking, and upskilling. Here are a few points I would like to share: 1. Open culture: Right from the people to the meetings, almost everything is transparent here. We follow an open desk policy which makes everyone approachable across all teams. Though there are standards maintained for professional hierarchy, but one can never make a difference when it comes to any discussions or interactions. 2. Live environment: The day I entered the company, I was awestruck by the vibe that I got for work. Everyone was so live in discussions over doubts, new ideas, and a lot more which definitely makes a person involved in what are you doing. The involvement of all is what makes the decision-making process more fruitful here. 3. Articulated development: Talking on the technical side, the development procedure here is very articulated. We follow best agile practices because of which, developing features or improvements gets its firm backbone. You can find extensive documentation of every process that we adopt - be it a technical documentation or something related to following a new practice, say WFH best practices. We make use of the best tools available out there to make sure our productivity is not hampered. 4. Zeal for new ideas and experimentation: People are judged on attempts and not on failures which gives us the freedom to experiment with many technologies. The real power lies within people where every folk, from different backgrounds, gather around one table and brainstorm on ideas that really makes them so believable. The best part is though everyone has their own experience ranges, people here always dig some space to learn, which really excites me every day. 5. Employee involvement: Apart from all the work that we do, it is made sure that we also get some time to bond together and help in overall personality development. There are regular activities that are held to keep everyone involved, sessions on various topics ranging from personal to professional level. Besides this, we have a key role of "Townhall" that is conducted bi-weekly (weekly during the COVID times ) where all the members of the company gathers at one platform to discuss company happenings, challenges, and future plans. It is really motivating and makes us believe in the work that we do. Overall, its one of the best places to work considering its growth, market position, and most importantly with the vision that the company has which is "Securing Digital". The company goals and values are self-motivating and we all can see ourselves aligning to them "naturally".

Cons

None for me as I got here everything I wished for.

9. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer

I have been working at Lucideus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership, awesome environment, learning and growth opportunities.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Continue reading

"It is the most proactive Environment that a fresher can get to be a professional in Cyber Security"

Current Employee - Technical Trainee in New Delhi

I have been working at Lucideus full-time

Pros

You get plenty of exposure by using the state of the art technologies in live projects. You also get to develop your own personal goals while trying to achieve the company's goals.

Cons

I don't seem to have any cons.

Found 102 reviews