Lush "50 discount" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Lush Employee Reviews about "50 discount"

Updated Dec 3, 2019

3.7
Lush CEO Mark Constantine
Mark Constantine
Pros
Cons
  • "Sales tactics are also ridiculously pushy and senior staff were forcing them upon you throughout the day(in 33 reviews)

• "Managers and supervisors try to be supportive but do gossip about you to other members of staff(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "50 discount"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Really excellent"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Oxford, England

I worked at Lush part-time for less than a year

Pros

– Lovely management staff – Excellent employee benefits (50% staff discount) – Great ethical values which they stand by

Cons

– Pretty tiring work – Extremely busy during holiday periods

Lush2019-12-03
  2. "It's all image"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lush part-time for less than a year

Pros

50% discount Some people were nice

Cons

If you aren't vegan they make you feel guilty Only care if you're selling high end gifts and spa treatments

Lush2019-11-19
  3. "Good job for outgoing, sales driven people"

Current Contractor - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Lush

Pros

50% discount, try products, overall its good

Cons

pushy sales tactics and less job security

Lush2019-11-19

"Excellent pros but stressful"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Bristol, England

I worked at Lush part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get excellent pay! Lots of free goodies and amazing 50% discount (even on spas!!). In depth training about skincare, haircare etc. And it's not just the type of training you'll only be able to apply in Lush, it's information I've used since to purchase products. It has helped me understand my skin and hair more! You also get to meet like-minded people and form long term friendships.

Cons

Although all of the pros are really brilliant, I'm not sure if it's worth the stress and pressure that comes with the job. If you don't approach a customer within 2 minutes of them stepping into the store you are given 'feedback' and told you aren't doing your job. The supervisors and managers are constantly watching you and it's very unsettling. I'm a confident person and even for me, it was very hard to do my job... while having someone spy on me. I just knew after every single consultation that I would have, a supervisor would come over to me and ask me "why didn't you mention this? why didn't you try to sell more products? etc, etc". Sometimes you really just want a human interaction with customers, and the management at Lush doesn't allow that. You have to be a robot for management to like you and for them to think you're doing a good job. And I'm sorry, but if you've reached that point then that means you've sold your soul to the company because no one can be that damn preppy 24/7, it is inhumane.

Advice to Management

Chill out! Lush makes a lot of money even without forcing sales assistants to breathe down customers' necks and invade their privacy. I've seen a lot of employees break down because of the pressure from management and that's saying something. Not to mention, a lot of customers HATE being 'approached' over and over again.

Lush2019-10-31
  5. "Absolutely sickening workplace, don't let the 50% discount reel you in."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

50% staff discount Friendly work mates

Cons

Ethical branding is just a front for your standard evil corporation. Had regular sexually vulgar comments directed to me from management when I joined at age 16. Blatant racial discrimination from managers to every single person of colour on the staff. Company utilises palm-oil in spite of employees being taught to lie about this, plastic glitter, single use plastic packaging for shipments. Employees as young as... 16 years old received over-excessive reprimanding to the point of tears for not greeting every single customer in a friendly enough manner. 5 hour 45 minutes shifts utilised to prevent employees from receiving breaks. Management was untrained, unprofessional, and had a disgusting brand of acting like they cared, then instantly being talked behind your back. Toxic, over-competitive culture pitted store assistants against each other, while they want you to still believe that "we're more of a family than a workplace". Rats in a workplace where members of the public would be putting our products on their skin, while the management refused to do anything about it.

Advice to Management

Remove the guise of being a "family" to employees, keep professional and respect boundaries, and keep honest

Lush2019-11-16
  6. "Easy but boring"

Former Employee - Picker

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

50% discount on all products

Cons

On feet all day long

Lush2019-10-24
  7. "Literal hell"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Lush part-time for less than a year

Pros

50% discount, meeting new people and some polite customers.

Cons

Management, supervisors and they way that part time staff are treated

Lush2019-09-28
  8. "Not so Lush"

Former Employee - Manager in Poole, England

I worked at Lush full-time for more than a year

Pros

50% staff discount, good job to fill a gap

Cons

Cult-like ethos, serious attitude if you don't make the company your entire life, totally green-washed and faux-SJW causes

Lush2019-09-22

"Not what you expect"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Lush part-time for more than a year

Pros

Christmas temporary contracts, it's best as a xmas pocket money job. 50% discount. Charity donations and campaigns. The other sales assistants were lovely to work with.

Cons

The contracts are small. I was a 15 hour per week and worked mostly 25 hours per week but my contract was never amended and this was never checked by anyone above store manager. Retail is harsh in general, however judging from other colleagues I've never seen an 8 hour contract be disrespected so much. Work/life balance is difficult, sometimes you were called in for 4 hours only. If you look at the gender pay gap... report, men typically get bigger contracts. Still not paid enough, Lush are following other retailers poor pay, but being one up by paying the most. Still very poor for the amount of work the sales assistants put in to make the company so much money, especially at Christmas. I didn't think the companies ethics shine through in terms of employee contribution and income. A company can't be 90% vegan, it's either vegan or it's vegetarian. I felt taken advantage of as a vegan for a company that want's to 'save the bees', yet uses a lot of honey. The waste Lush creates is bad, throwing tester pots away half empty. Not good for the environment or sustainability. The working environment is too unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like people and not a tool to make more money. Think of your ethics constantly. Offer fairer and bigger contracts when necessary and have trust in your employees.

Lush2019-09-11
  10. "Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Lush full-time for more than a year

Pros

50% discount for staff which was hardly a pro.

Cons

Awful management. All about the customer, and priority over staff. Racial diversity was terrible.

Advice to Management

Looks like Gemma has gone, that's a start.

Lush2019-10-02