MHP International Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

MHP International Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2016

2.1
MHP International CEO Michael Friedman (no image)
Michael Friedman

"Awful company to work for"

I have been working at MHP International full-time

Pros

You can sit around all day and chat with people and not get fired.

Cons

The new Chinese owner is psychotic and expects employees to work 12+ hours per day. All Americans are lazy in their eyes and they would rather employ illegal Chinese for pennies than employ hard working Americans. All employees fear for their jobs on a daily basis. The owner yells and screams at employees and also sends threatening emails if you don't do what he says in the unrealistic deadline that is set. No one... actually knows what anyone's job is and everything is up in the air. Be prepared to get screamed at for something that isn't even your job. Poor management skills and ALL employees gossip about each other. The owner refers to himself as "A very big rich guy" and doesn't take criticism very well. Run while you are ahead!!!

Advice to Management

Don't throw temper tantrums if you are supposedly "A very big rich guy!"

MHP International2016-02-09

"SOFTWARE DEVELOPER"

Software Developer in Skokie, IL

I worked at MHP International

Pros

no supervision, good people, except for the administration staff.

Cons

The lack of organization, no training, the owner yells a lot The company was sold to a Chinese person that expect each employee to work 12+ hours even if one doesn't have work left for the day in the office and thinks that American (non-Chinese) are lazy. Employees are always worried that their job is not secured. The boss (Chinese owner) is bi-polar!!!

Advice to Management

They expect that you know everything knowing that people need training. The New administrator is crazy. I Don't Recomed this place to no one.

MHP International2016-01-30
  3. "awesome place to work for recent college grad."

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at MHP International full-time for more than a year

Pros

great working environment with friendly co-workers and a face paced culture.

Cons

the only default to this company is that there is limited room to grow professionally.

Advice to Management

build better communication relationship with subordinates.

MHP International2015-03-05

"Horrible Experience"

Account Representative in Skokie, IL

I worked at MHP International

Pros

Nice Lunch Room, Nice Parking Lot if you are fortunate enough to find a spot. Clean Bathrooms

Cons

The company has a pervasive attitude of abuse and intolerance. The owner is an elderly man who is forgetful and unpredictable. He will give directives that are unreasonable and then screams and yell when you do them per his instruction. The expectation is a 6 day work week. Management is unpredictable and rules are randomly enforced and do not apply to all staff. Women are second class and there is no attempt to... even disguise that notion. Employees are fired at whim. No professional growth opportunities, no work-life balance, he will destroy your marriage and your health with the excessive demands.

Advice to Management

Sell, you are horrible and unkind

MHP International2015-01-30

"Very poor misguided management!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I worked at MHP International full-time

Pros

Casual Office SOME friendly co-workers Convenient parking Normal Business Hours

Cons

Lack of leadership, poor management, and a stressful environment about 90% of the time (unless the CEO is out of town). The CEO is completely unpredictable, very unprofessional, and a bit judgmental. One day he will compliment your work and the next day he will call you stupid (literally). Do yourself a favor and listen to negative reviews. They are all very much true. The company has a very unprofessional... environment. Run far far away. As for the 2 "positive reviews." Ha! So fabricated. Just like their product reviews!

Advice to Management

The company is so misguided and unorganized. Try leading your employees instead of putting them down. Stop demanding changes and then changing your mind two days later. Oh and stop bad mouthing your employees to your other employees. Not a good look!

MHP International2014-07-10
  6. "Very Happy"

Former Employee - Sales Team in Skokie, IL

I worked at MHP International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The co-workers were easy to get along with and worked well together. I read some of the other reviews, and I know the person who wrote the last bad review; he was fired because he deserved to be fired. I just recently left because I choose a different path, but the CEO Mr. Friedman gave me great advice over the last three years and helped developed me into the hard worker I am.

Cons

The company that moved in next door has these loud machines I could hear in my office. That was annoying after awhile. Also, there is never parking in the front lot unless you get there really early. So I unfortunately had to walk from the back lot everyday (it was a cold long winter).

Advice to Management

Thank you for a great three years. I really enjoyed working for you.

MHP International2014-06-04

"Not so good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I worked at MHP International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers, relaxed office attire, nice break room minus the mold growing on the floor and walls. CEO is often out of town or out to lunch.

Cons

tyrannical, unpredictable CEO with random decision making that is rarely communicated well. Employees will sell each other out to maintain CEO approval. Company policy is put up or shut up or get out. Less than pleasant and quite stressful and abuse at times

Advice to Management

Sell, sell, sell, your time has come

MHP International2014-03-17

"Like the Titanic, a grand poorly-built misguided ship"

Former Employee - Phone Sales in Skokie, IL

I worked at MHP International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easily hired through a friend (who also left) Quality products Small company Simple instructions Convenient access to employees Two fridges Kosher

Cons

No end-of-the-year bonus because the company "isn't doing well"... I worked sales and the company made more than the year before. Liars. No career advancement. NONE at all. You have one position and will stay there. You will be taken advantage of to stay later and pressured to work Sundays. You will be blamed by a heavy hand for lack of sales that week. Employees I've encountered talk negatively about how bad... the company is. Employer will lowball you on pay rate. That last review is only 20% true. 5 stars? Get real.

Advice to Management

You are in a boat with no oars guided by old methods.

MHP International2013-09-05
  9. "GREAT experience!"

Current Employee - Order Processing in Skokie, IL

I have been working at MHP International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people Good location Good benefits Relaxed environment Great leadership Understanding bosses Flexible hours (when needed) Growing company Opportunity to advance Hard work is recognized

Cons

slight water seepage through back door with heavy rains

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

MHP International2013-07-19

"sinking ship, with Ahab at the helm"

I worked at MHP International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

comfortable work space, decent parking, many friendly co-workers

Cons

paranoia, fear, undeserved favoritism rule the day here. strange hiring practices end up with unqualified staff that cannot meet unachievable expectations. moody, senile old man running the company into the ground. 7 day workweek expected as a given, employees are overworked and underappreciated, while some underachieving employees seem to be praised and promoted. no growth opportunity. employees more likely to... receive pay cuts, than pay raises

Advice to Management

find a successor that has a clue, and walk away, or sell the company to someone else that can run it properly

MHP International2013-04-22