Mailchimp Reviews

Updated 7 Jan 2021

3.5
Mailchimp Founder/CEO Ben Chestnut
Ben Chestnut
Pros
  • "Work life balance friendly culture and benefits(in 17 reviews)

• "I worked for Mailchimp in the Atlanta office for two and a half years, and my experience was overall a very positive one(in 15 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good place"

I worked at Mailchimp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

all the best company really fun

Cons

not really i could recall as if now

"Great place"

Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at Mailchimp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, money, founders, people, stability

Cons

Not many downsides that I can think of.

"strategy whiplash, exhausting politics, but also amazing coworkers and customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Mailchimp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The most wonderful customers and a mission we believe in. Most of the people who work here genuinely care about the small businesses using our product. - Generous benefits and profit sharing right into your 401(k) - Incredibly talented, kind, creative, funny, intelligent coworkers - Great employee experience opportunities, especially during COVID—fun, exciting virtual events - Far more progressive than most tech companies; very little techbro culture

Cons

- No accountability at director level and above for strategic decisions, spending, employee retention/satisfaction, or quality of work. - Opaque, subjective, inequitable, and inconsistent promotions - Increasingly corporate—hierarchical, steeped in jargon, gridlocked in decision making and process. - Employees are not empowered to make decisions and all work is done by committee.

Continue reading
  4. "Great culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mailchimp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance friendly culture and benefits Lots of bonuses

Cons

There are some inefficiencies because of a lack of focus.

"Great Spot to Work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mailchimp full-time

Pros

They care.. more so than most!

Cons

Getting large, can be corporate minded.

"Incredible C-Suite. Terrible and bloated middle managment"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Researcher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mailchimp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brand name Talented and caring c-suite Very succesful company that isn't going anywhere

Cons

This place is ALL about vying for visibility and creating noise for yourself, rather than working in earnest. EXTREMELY political. Lots and lots of backroom politics. LOTS of managers that were promoted into mgr roles because they were good individual contributors, but have no managerial experience. An abundance of Type-A perfectionists that lose track of whats actually important and meaningful for the business, and instead focus on frivolous details. Bloated mid-level management.

Continue reading

"Onboarding is a joke, the problems here are REAL. A lot of technical women are not taken seriously here."

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineering
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Mailchimp full-time

Pros

Lots of meaningless fun stuff and food. They say they are onboarding you and take you through this long process-you find out later that the process is a joke and not respected.

Cons

The real deal is the employees think the onboarding is a joke. Management pulled me out of onboarding and then didn't like that I was working on onboarding tasks. Horrible management!! Employees are secretly meeting and undermining the management. Upper management does not seek to understand. Senior and Technical leaders make poor judgment calls and throw the new people under the bus. Production engineering managers think they know what is going on, but people who have been in positions for years are covering up what is really happening and the management blindly listens to them. I witnessed blatant sexual harassment of folks and nothing was done when it was brought to management.

Continue reading

"One of the best places to work in Atlanta"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mailchimp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I believe that Ben and Dan genuinely care about their employees and do what they can to ensure that their people are taken care of. The 401k match and yearly profit sharing are out of this world.

Cons

Over the years, the fun start-up culture began to shift into more of a corporate mindset as more and more external hires with corporate backgrounds joined the company. Not the same "cool" place it once was.

"It's tough to find something to complain about"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mailchimp full-time

Pros

All benefits are paid by the company, pay is competitive, the onboarding experience is amazing, it's a very accepting culture

Cons

There's a lot of pressure to constantly be looking for your next win

"Great company."

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mailchimp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mailchimp actually wants what is in the best interest of the user and the employee. Working various jobs where I was merely a number on a paper, Mailchimp makes me feel valued and heard. I feel like I have a voice despite my position in the company, and it's great knowing that Mailchimp can be trusted while I focus on my own personal growth.

Cons

As the company grows and goes a more corporate route to manage the employee count increases, various teams that sprouted during its rapid growth may be poorly managed. It's unfortunate where great teams and great employees can't show their value when their management is unable to properly provide a platform for their subordinates. These teams dwindle on archaic, simple growth metrics that don't properly analyze or show their subordinates value, leaving employees feeling like they are working hard for no reason or lacking the support they need to grow.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 127 English Reviews