MannKind Corporation Reviews

Updated 24 Sep 2019

3.3
MannKind Corporation Chief Executive Officer Michael Castagna
Michael Castagna
Pros
  • "Great product, lots of good people who are passionate about what they do(in 4 reviews)

• "There are many talented, dedicated people working there(in 4 reviews)

"Dynamic Organization!"

I have been working at MannKind Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at MannKind is passionate about improving the lives of those with diabetes through Afrezza. The team here is sharp, approachable and dedicated to the success of the company and their peers.

Cons

The culture here is best suited for those open to taking on broad and evolving roles. For those who prefer a tightly structured environment, MannKind may not be the best fit.

"Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MannKind Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, stock options, etc.) flexible business hours, good company culture. Big enough to be corporate, small enough to care about their employees as individuals.

Cons

To be determined, if any.

Continue reading

"DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY"

1.0

I have been working at MannKind Corporation full-time

Pros

Great product, lots of good people who are passionate about what they do

Cons

Absolutely no accountability or professionalism. CEO talks a good game, but in reality has no idea how to lead a company and it shows. Also - any company who selects targeted employees to post positive reviews on this site (which MannKind has done) should be ashamed of themselves. This company is all about smoke and mirrors and is destined to fail.

MannKind Corporation Response

November 20, 2019Talent Acquisition and Onboarding

We appreciate your feedback. We encourage all employees to provide their perspective on Glassdoor and have never once solicited positive reviews. Every company has it’s pros and cons and it’s important to have a fair and accurate depiction of both. We consistently try to improve and our HR team is always available should you want to discuss your feedback in more detail!

"Strong and growing company!"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MannKind Corporation

Pros

Great mission. Afrezza is a life changing product for those living with diabetes. High performing culture. Talented co-workers.

Cons

Have to make difficult resource trade offs.

"Could have been great"

4.0
    Former Employee - Group Lead

I worked at MannKind Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great product Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Upper management mistakes derailed what should have been a great product. Not a lot of room for personal growth.

"Amazing company!"

I have been working at MannKind Corporation full-time

Pros

The culture at MannKind is fantastic. I actually look forward to coming into work! The employees are friendly, smart, and collaborative. You really feel like a part of the family. All employees get company equity, so everyone is a part owner of the company. The product is great and truly helps people, so no matter what role you are in you feel like you are doing good in the world. There are also a lot of opportunities for career advancement and they promote from within. There also seems to be a huge potential for the company to grow. The CEO has an exciting vision for the company and now seems to be a good time to get in while the company is still somewhat small.

Cons

The company has a start-up feel to it, so if you like coming in to already set processes, this may not be the best fit. However, if you thrive off of being able to wear many hats and make an impact without the red tape of a larger organization, this would actually be a positive.

Continue reading

"Great product, unclear future"

Territory Manager

I worked at MannKind Corporation

Pros

CEO and CMO are innovative, accessible, and approachable. Great novel product that’s exciting for the marketplace.

Cons

Rest of senior leadership is pretty canned, same old pharma. No clear picture of the future. Quarterly calls rebuffing articles that say company may go bankrupt.

8. "Pros and cons"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MannKind Corporation full-time

Pros

Small company feel; flexible hours; great product; passionate employees; generous time off

Cons

Financially unstable; constantly putting it fires; constant change

"Manager"

I have been working at MannKind Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part about working for MannKind is the people. Every single person is so passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with diabetes, and everyone is a pleasure to work with. I have great coworkers, and I look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but strong time management skills are key to all positions.

"Meaningful Work & Great Team!"

I have been working at MannKind Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, team-oriented, very approachable ELT, friendly and fun environment, a lot of different projects to work on, CEO is very passionate. Working towards something that can change the face of diabetes management and care.

Cons

Lots to do, so constantly having to prioritize. Teams are lean and mean so things tend to get very tactical sometimes.

Found 52 reviews