Found 44 of over 191 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech India
5 hours ago
Folks, I have 5.3 YOE in infra support (windows and vmware ) CCTC : 5.87 LPA I have cleared some couple of interviews, and they are offering me package around 9.5-9.7 range It's like 64 percent hike, is this a fair offer? Kindly suggest how much ctc should a 5.3 YOE should get by now and how much should I negotiate for. Tata Consultancy Cognizant Infosys HCL Technologies Accenture
3 hours ago
I am working for an MNC company. I took a 3 day leave. I was labelled an abscondee but I presented medical bills. My leave was approved but I didn't receive my salary. My HR replied saying it is due to unauthorised absence after following up. I left with immediate effect as there's no point to work without salary. I need to leave to the US for my MS in 10 days. Is there any way my company can hamper my move? My employer hasn't paid me for a month. Is it my right to leave immediately?
Got a burning question about MapR Technologies? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with MapR Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Bad management!" (in 11 reviews)
- "worst culture i've ever worked in" (in 11 reviews)
- "Senior leadership lost its way." (in 8 reviews)
- "Benefits are good but not the best" (in 6 reviews)
- "Support is worse and good people are leaving one by one, managers are busy in making their good image in front of upper management." (in 4 reviews)
Reviews about "good technology"Return to all Reviews
- 5.08 Nov 2014AnonymousCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
* Big Data is a very in demand technology, and being here gives a very wide exposure to the latest in the field * Lots of requests from customers on a wide variety of use cases and solutions. Provides lots of creative opportunities combined with exploration of latest technologies * Wide ecosystem of products ensures technical skills never limited to any single software product or product family alone. * Full stack of solution provides technical work exposure on everything right up from kernel to filesystem to hadoop ecosystem to java applications and third party end user solutions. * Good work environment - startup culture gives flexible options, limited heirarchy * Direct close contact to principal engineers and architects behind the product stack * Healthy culture of assistance and training from top tier engineering leadership * Regular team outings, refreshments etc * Pay packages at par with the top tier of tech companies * Steadily growing customer-base and revenue granting good stability for the company on a performance basis
* Financial policies quite restrictive * No own campus, so limited on-premise sports or other activities * HR practices limited to bare minimum. * Employer benefits limited
- 2.011 Jan 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
Opportunities to work on an incredible variety of technology Smart employees yearning to build leading products Incredible market opportunity
Do not work in engineering unless you came from Informatica - the culture that management team has created is toxic Engineers are employee #s and nothing more - no effort to advance their careers to help both them and the company together Leadership focused on placing blame and preventing advancements over delivering product Salaries are on-target, but equity is poor10
- 5.020 Jan 2015SalesCurrent Employee
Lot's of support and material for being successful. Young company growing into a real legacy technology brand. Feels good to be selling a best of breed product that works and everyone believes in!
Still working on some startup jitters but they're going a way very quickly.1
- 5.012 Sept 2017Anonymous InternFormer Intern
Worked as Software Engineering Intern in the DB/Streams team. Super intelligent and hard working people, awesome company to have. More to learn everyday with new challenges and new technologies in distributed systems. Flexible work hours, start-up culture, great work/life balance.
The relocation amount is a bit of a concern.
- 4.07 Sept 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
-Growing company with flexible work hours in a great technology space. Well funded. Rumored to be going public.
-Lack of culture has resulted in continuos turnover. Rumored to be going public. Ex-oracle executive team - major lack of diversity in the leadership team.1
- 5.012 Dec 2020Senior Business Development ManagerFormer EmployeeMelbourne
Advanced Technologies on BigData File System
Not open source software in a open source community of big data industry.
- 2.07 May 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
It is a good technology in the big data space trying its best to be something special. Strong learning opportunities.
Depend heavily on existing customers. Struggling to find an angle to move forward. Messaging often does not resonate with new prospects.10
- 2.08 Feb 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
good technology . lots of scope and use cases that can be worked out.
no vision n clarity. very political environment. is it a storage company or a big data company or what ??? it has no identity of its own.9