MarketFinance Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 Jan 2020

4.2
MarketFinance Co-Founder and CEO Anil Stocker
Anil Stocker
Pros
  • "One of the things that I loved most about MarketInvoice was the opportunity to work with smart and talented people from all over the world(in 14 reviews)

• "It's become a brilliant place to learn, develop and take on lots of responsibility(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The first 30 days of working at MarketInvoice was the strangest 30 days of my working career(in 6 reviews)

• "Fast-paced environment means you have to be able to cope with tight deadlines and quickly changing scenarios, which may not be for everyone(in 4 reviews)

1. "Dynamic, fast paced environment"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast environment, things get done, delivery culture

Cons

High employee turnover at all levels

MarketFinance2020-01-12
  2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is flexible with adapting to employees' interests. A great place to learn and develop your career.

Cons

Not as tech focused as would be expected of a fintech company.

MarketFinance2019-12-17
  3. "Great environment to drive your career forward!"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at MarketFinance full-time

Pros

I worked for MarketFinance for 4 years. My time at the company really gave me the opportunity to grow and accelerate my career. I gained exposure across different teams, management opportunities and worked on some of their most important strategic initiatives. There is a flat open structure where there is onus on you to drive the business and your career forward. The people are without doubt the company’s biggest asset! You will work and learn from some incredibly driven and talented people. I feel incredibly fortunate to have met friends for life in my time there. I would highly recommend working at MarketFinance if you are up to the challenge!

Cons

This is a very fast paced and transparent culture. You have to be comfortable working in this type of environment if you want to get the best out of it as things often change quite quickly. You have to be someone who can cope with change. If you can, great opportunities will always arise!

MarketFinance2019-11-22
  4. "One Team, One Dream"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve worked at larger corporate businesses and smaller ones, and I can honestly say that nothing compares to MI. It’s a business where every team works together towards a collective mission that everyone is really passionate about. The company has very clear values, and it’s really inspiring to see these being lived day in and day out by those around you. One of the things that I loved most about MarketInvoice was the opportunity to work with smart and talented people from all over the world. It’s the kind of place where people are very supportive, work together and have a lot of fun along the way. MarketInvoice is in a period of rapid growth, which is a really cool thing to be a part of. It’s a very fast-paced, dynamic environment - you’ll never be bored! I was fortunate to work closely with the founders, Anil and Ilya. My time at MI was an incredible learning experience and has given me knowledge that I’m really grateful to carry forward in my career. They (along with many other stellar folks that have worked/still work for MarketInvoice) have created an amazing company that I’m really proud to have worked for!

Cons

Like with any company, there are ups and downs. If you’re up for joining the excitement of the start-up/scale-up culture, you also have to be willing to deal with constant change (to process, management, product and priorities).

MarketFinance2019-10-27
  5. "A platform for growth"

Former Employee - Partnerships and Sales in London, England

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was with MI for four years. Coming from a finance background, my primary motivation for joining was to escape the dreary corporate world and experience life in a startup. I was drawn to MI's mission to support small businesses through the provision of fast and easy access to singular receivables finance. I started in a project-oriented role before transitioning (unexpectedly) into partnerships/sales. It catapulted me right outside my comfort zone but turned out to be one of the best career choices I ever made. In the latter half of my time with MI, I was fortunate to help build and lead some of the teams that contributed from the front line to the company's growth. This was a hugely fulfilling time during which I experienced personal and career development unparalleled by any previous job. Launching a new product, travelling all around the country, developing partnerships, and working closely with businesses from a wide variety of sectors were just a fraction of what I encountered over my four years. To add to this, the people at MI are great. The workforce is diverse, hardworking, and intelligent. They made it a fun place to work. All of the above helped to define this period as a positive and rewarding time in my life.

Cons

It wasn't easy - there were plenty of ups and downs! Strategy and direction can go through periods of volatile change at MI, and roles can quickly change, meaning sometimes you are required to wear more than one hat. A key ingredient to success (and staying sane) is to approach all this with an open mind and a bit of resilience.

MarketFinance2019-10-03
  6. "Great process"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have recently joined MI and have to say in terms of process for me joining the business it was second to none. From the moment of speaking to the guys in Talent to receiving my offer was a week. Great interview process that was able to give me a real insight into the business and what they are looking to achieve, which was the main reason why I chose MI over other businesses

Cons

I do not have any cons

MarketFinance2019-10-08
  7. "Best environment to grow you skills and have fun!"

Former Employee - Product in London, England

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working with MarketInvice and it has been a great experience for me personally. The business has always had very ambitious goals and a lot is going on in the industry, so it makes the entire experience very unique and helps you grow and develop professionally at a very high pace. Staff in the company are very loyal, professional and most interesting people you will ever meet, always there to help and guide you if you are ready and willing to take challenges! The company also has lots of different perks that make it even more enjoyable. Senior management are very clear on their expectations and help create a healthy environment in the workplace, supporting your professional growth and encouraging you to develop your skills. I learned a lot and it was a very important milestone in my career.

Cons

The company has high expectations on the performance and skills of its employees and I think it very normal as MarketInvoice is a startup and the industry is developing fast so you need to keep up. So if you prefer a more relaxed and less competitive/innovative industry or company, so possible MarketInvoice will seem to be too challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep on driving the vision of the company and developing the business!

MarketFinance2019-09-21
  8. "Great culture and , great team of people"

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time

Pros

Fast paced, lots of fun, supportive and a strong learning environment. Very friendly group of people and with all the growth a lot of opportunity.

Cons

You need to be comfortable with change

MarketFinance2019-09-18
  9. "The ups and downs"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in London, England

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time for less than a year

Pros

When joining any startup/scale-up you’ve got to be ready to ride, the ups and downs that come with it. This environment isn’t for everyone but some people thrive and some people don’t. For me, this is my bread and butter. When joining MarketInvoice I knew that there would be challenges, changes of direction and growth that would see my role change and adapt based on what the businesses needed for me. I’ve now been at MarketInvoice for almost 7months, seen my role change multiple times, expanding my exposure to not only the business but the ability to push initiatives, drive growth and work side by side with colleagues from across the business. One thing that stands out for me here at MI is the people, no matter what time of day it is, no matter who you bump into everyone says hello, asks about your day and chats about what they’re up to, inside or outside of work. Because at the end of the day we spend more time with the people at work than we do with friends and family outside, so making sure you’re all pulling in the same direction and enjoying the journey is vital. I can’t wait to see where we, together can take MarketInvoice.

Cons

We need to get better at ensuring we're hiring people who thrive in our world and not they and force people into something that might not be for them. Also, we need to stop ordering Custard Cremes

MarketFinance2019-09-18

"Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the nicest people I have worked with. Otherwise- if you like being thrown in the deep end and the challenge of dealing with clueless senior management, then this is for you

Cons

- A culture of pushing out employees who disagree with the management- to the point of hiring in above current managers and then making those who have been loyal to the company 'redundant' or put on a performance plan with out any idea how to go about this, no previous targets being set, nor consulting the HR team who should be in charge of this. - Women are made to feel particularly unwelcome by longer standing females in the sales team- this was feedback I often received. - My colleagues would be 'let go' or not pass probation without any one announcing this change until several days later- of course gossip spreads first but rather than control this the founders choose to bury their head in the sand and never give the real reasons why they had to force someone out. - If someone above you leaves or is forced out, the junior person is then made to do their work with no pay rise or change in job title. - They reward those who are quiet and don't challenge anything, even if they are not the ones doing the best work or the most deals etc. Definitely don't even consider expressing a point of view to the founders if you are a woman, you will most certainly be overlooked, and be called 'argumentative' for using the benefit of your experience in your field. - There were certain employees who were particularly singled out by the management, most noticeably the former office manager who was shouted out in front of others, who had her emails ignored, her efforts undermined, snide remarks and digs on company wide slack channels from the founders, and was generally disrespected - despite being the glue that held many people together, and helped try and maintain as much of a culture of 'one team' as possible when the management seems dead-set against living that value. - highest turnover I have ever seen in a company. Would be interested for them to post how many people on average pass probation or stay long enough to receive their 'stock options.' - the MD is proud of the fact that they have UNDERCUT so many engineers on their salary and job title and openly said this in townhall- no doubt they are shocked they have trouble finding engineers willing to work for them, but it is not shocking how many choose to leave. All in all, I wish I had not ignored the glassdoor reviews before I joined, so am writing this to stop others making the same mistake!

Advice to Management

Hand the reins over to someone else before it is too late for the company.

MarketFinance2019-09-16