Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin Legal Secretary Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin Legal Secretary Reviews

G. Mark Thompson

"Challenging"

Current Employee - Legal Secretary in New York, NY

I have been working at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin full-time

Pros

Great benefits, nice people, they offer computer training, summer Friday's, office manager is very nice, flexible work hours, opportunity to Learn

Cons

Not organized, system outdated, filing procedures inefficient, admin duties and protocols not clear or explained. Nothing else really, just more organization

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin2016-05-09

"Support Staff - Stay away from Roseland"

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Roseland, NJ

I worked at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company itself isn't bad - decent benefits, although not spectacular. Their pay scale is out of whack for the area. The attorneys I worked with were great, but you could tell they are pretty "harried" I might recommend MDWCG's other offices, but not Roseland !

Cons

The management in the Roseland office is totally unprofessional. Micro-manage and play favorites. I got excellent reviews from the attorneys I worked with year after year, but the office manager fired me. Because she didn't like me. Had nothing to do with my work ethic. All about politics.

Advice to Management

Hire management for the Roseland office who can be fair and impartial and actually know what they're doing. Current management is a JOKE.

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin2015-09-21

"This is a horrible place to work (Pittsburgh Office)"

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

Over-worked. They micromanage. Office Managers have no clue to what they are doing and they treat the staff horrible. Office managers play favorites. Office managers have a way of pushing you out if they don't like you. There is no flexibility and if you are one minute late they highlight you. Three late arrivals (even a minute) you get written up. Honestly it is not a nice place to work, at least that being... said for the Pittsburgh Office.

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin2014-06-19

"Loved working for the attorney I was hired to work for; moved to another dept. which has been a revolving door."

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved what I was originally hired to do. All 3 attorneys were great to work with. Moved to another dept., then 3 weeks later let go for something office manager was covering in this dept.

Cons

If the office manager doesn't like you she will belittle you, and let you go for NO REASON....

Advice to Management

GET RID OF OFFICE MANAGER!!!! She will have you fired without hesitation and blame you for something she may have done.

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin2014-03-26

"Large Firm with many locations. Great Firm as long as you stay away from the Roseland Office."

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Roseland, NJ

Pros

Great benefits including free health care to employees.

Cons

Management doesn't care about their employees unless you fall into their social circle. Uneven and unfair work distribution.

Advice to Management

Resign! The office manager is disliked by most support staff and attorneys. She doesn't know what her staff's duties are and randomly distributes work. Some staff members do not have time to take a break while other staff members do not have the time to work. This all depends on who you are friends with not by your qualifications.

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin2013-11-21

"Micro-management to the hilt"

Legal Secretary in Roseland, NJ

I worked at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin

Pros

Cutting edge technology, training sessions. The people are very nice for the most part. Summer hours. Flexible for time off.

Cons

Micro-management. Legal secretaries monitored by management as to how much dictation they have, given more dictation if finished - like a typing pool or being a floater. Mandatory support staff meetings where you are berated for ridiculous things like talking too much.

Advice to Management

If you want to call legal secretaries "professionals," treat them like professionals. The support staff meetings are offensive and do not solve problems but instead contribute to low morale.

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin2011-09-02