Medacs Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 27, 2019

2.5
Medacs Healthcare CEO Nigel Marsh
Nigel Marsh
Pros
  • "Brilliant people working in Homecare and the wider Medacs Healthcare team(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Agency work for the NHS is dying out due to government budget cuts(in 3 reviews)

• "Work life balance is atrocious you can start work at 6am and not finish until 10(in 2 reviews)

"Demanding & Target orientated"

Former Employee - PIP Assessor in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Medacs Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience of reviewing and researching many different health conditions and treatments which may not be available when working in a typical nurse role on a ward or in the community.

Cons

- Very rarely finished at 5pm due to demands of meeting targets - Unrealistic expectations of seeing a set number of cases, which is not always possible depending on what conditions each case has - Never given extra time to review audit reports - Clinical management not particularly helpful and advice given was not always accurate leading to poor audit results on reports

Advice to Management

- Allow extra time to reflect on audit reports in order to promote continued effective learning - Have actual staff meetings which last more than a mere 5 minutes before the day starts! Allows staff to vent worries and discuss ways they have overcome certain barriers in the role- may help with staff retention - When targets are met give incentives for the staff (assessors) NOT management (I think that’s been the... case for a long while now, and ground floor staff notice and feel under valued). - Be realistic! the workload and quality of reports you expect you will need to reduce the amount of cases you require each assessor to complete in a day. NOT EVERY CASE CAN BE COMPLETED & SUBMITTED IN 90MINS!

Medacs Healthcare2019-10-11
  2. "Worst Place Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skipton, England

I have been working at Medacs Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None. Do not value staff at all

Cons

Management poor. Communication poor. Culture is hidden. Falsifying compliance documents and mistreat staff. CEO mr Marsh should be removed. Cost cutting. Travel bans, utter joke

Advice to Management

Listen to staff. Be transparent. New CEO needed as all behaviour stems from him

Medacs Healthcare2019-10-27

"Stay away - plenty of better employers to choose from"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sydney

I have been working at Medacs Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Friday drinks Lavish Christmas Party

Cons

Shocking mismanagement Revolving door of unhappy staff Poor morale Threats to previous staff Unethical

Advice to Management

Leave

Medacs Healthcare2019-07-18

"Care coordinator"

I have been working at Medacs Healthcare full-time

Pros

The people I work with

Cons

The people above do not care about the ones that make their branch function

Advice to Management

Instead of demanding and cutting our money, take care of the ones that take care of you

Medacs Healthcare2019-05-22
  5. "The people are the business greatest asset"

I have been working at Medacs Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant people working in Homecare and the wider Medacs Healthcare team Everyone wants the best result People are dedicated and driven

Cons

Communication needs to continue to improve, make sure its timely and not after the event

Advice to Management

Remember it's the market that's tough, everyone is trying really hard.

Medacs Healthcare2019-04-11

"Assisant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Skipton, MD

I worked at Medacs Healthcare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Clean office and bright office

Cons

They do not deserve any contracts via NHS, Hospital or healthcare homes or to work with doctors , nurses, healthcare staff, I have seen how they backstab their employees from Doctors to Nurses , in fact anyone it's a common joke around the office, they are also racist and this is shown to how they give the jobs out to certain people who are different , pick and choose practices and I was told they do it all the... time and this is the way the company runs, they try and fiddle wages, time sheets, etc, I was appalled by the way this company is running, the government (NHS) should take away their contracts from these type of companies, until something serious is going to to happen within this company . They are just money making companies and do not care about the staff their employees and the management are the causes. Just read the reviews they are so bad, keep away before you become a victim,

Advice to Management

Shut the company down and monitor the staff and their practises as its very discriminative towards foreign people and those who do not agree with their practises.

Medacs Healthcare2019-03-07

"WORST PLACE TO WORK IN MY ENTIRE CAREER"

Former Employee - Coordinator in London, England

I worked at Medacs Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can see no pros

Cons

1. They fail to pay my correct wage 2. False promises and no delivery 3. Managers are bullies when they done get their way 4. Do not pay sick pay 5. Disrminatory 6. Reported incident of discrimination to Manager and was victimised as a result and malicious rumours was spread about me 7. No support - no formal training and no work life balance - sometime staff are forced to stay in the office until mid night... to achieve stats. It's horrific. I am mentally exhausted just by being their. The CQC has rated them inadequate in terms of delivery of service so that should say enough.

Advice to Management

The whole management needs to go. Medacs needs a management that is productive and effective and actually care about their staff

Medacs Healthcare2019-03-01

"bad company"

I worked at Medacs Healthcare full-time

Pros

in the heart of the city

Cons

if you are not their friend you can't evolve or stay

Medacs Healthcare2018-11-19
  9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Medacs Healthcare full-time

Pros

I have worked at Medacs for over 3 years and it is a great place to work. It offers great flexibility and great incentives such as quarterly awards, annual trips etc. As it is a global company, there is always an opportunity to travel the world whilst still remaining with the same employer!

Cons

None that I have seen over the last 3 years.

Medacs Healthcare2018-08-17

"recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Medacs Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to meet new people, relaxed

Cons

A lot of long distance travelling

Medacs Healthcare2018-06-04