Metaswitch Employee Reviews about "company house"

Updated 22 Sep 2017

4.2
Metaswitch Chief Executive Officer Martin Lund
Martin Lund
Pros
  • "Good work-life balance in software developer role(in 15 reviews)

• "The working environment is friendly while still being challenging and the skills you learn are invaluable(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company house could be upgraded a little(in 5 reviews)

• "Since the company hires a lot of people without programming experience, there is a lack of general computer science knowledge(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company house"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A brief reflection on a great internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Metaswitch

Pros

Generous pay and subsidy of well-located company house A good working atmosphere Friendly and helpful people Interesting work with some responsibility Very accommodating for special conditions

Cons

Apparently some of the company houses are a bit crowded

2. "Summer Intern"

Current Intern - Mobile Developer in Enfield, England

I have been working at Metaswitch for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is excellent, and there is a real focus on each employee's long term development, not just trying to extract the maximum amount of work in the minimum possible time. This manifests itself in multiple opportunities to give feedback which is actually listened to and many morale events such as pub trips, crazy golf, and sports days. There are also many out of office things happening weekly, such as a plethora of sports, games and interesting talks. The work I was given was the right level of difficulty, and was genuinely useful for the company, which is always incredibly important in any job.

Cons

The company house I was staying in was a little bit run down, and the washing machine sounded like a helicopter struggling to take off, although that said everything was working (and they replaced the oven incredibly rapidly after it broke) and it was only £9 a night.

3. "good internship experience"

Current Intern - Internship in Enfield, England

I have been working at Metaswitch for less than a year

Pros

- does not require interns to have prior computing experience, great for new starters in computing who's looking to build experience - have good training and development plans on employees; plenty of opportunities to learn - flexible working hours - relaxing and friendly (and productive) working environment - meaningful project for interns

Cons

The location of the Enfield office in is very far from central London, which might bring some inconvenience. (But the company offers company houses which are quite close to the office so it's not that bad.)

4. "review"

4.0
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Enfield, England

I worked at Metaswitch for less than a year

Pros

The working hours are very flexible. The work here is challenging and interesting. The working environment is comfortable and there are friendly colleagues.

Cons

The company house is a bit too tight as there are times when 9 people are staying in the house.

5. "Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Enfield, England

I have been working at Metaswitch for less than a year

Pros

Nice people. Very relaxed and willing to help at all times. I got tons of experience in programming. Lots of things to do outside the job itself

Cons

Far from London. I felt it took me too much to get to the Centre of London in order to visit it The company house could be upgraded a little

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.