Micro Focus Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 17 Aug 2020

3.4
Micro Focus Chief Executive Officer Stephen Murdoch
Stephen Murdoch
Pros
Cons
  • "You might have to work on a few old technology stacks(in 23 reviews)

• "Senior management team has very good vision for the company but local management culture is toxic(in 19 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Excellent place to work at."

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Bangalore

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time

Pros

- Work-life balance is one of the greatest perks here. - Great work culture - Excellent perks - More than enough holidays and leaves. - Superb colleagues

Cons

- Was a bit shaky due to various acquisition. - Lack of visionary senior management.

2. "Benefits"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time

Pros

Benefits, Work life balance, Culture

Cons

Career Growth, Senior Management, Strategy

3. "good working nature and can work 2 to 3 years"

Current Employee - Build and Release Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

professional environment good atmosphere colleagues good and early once outing flexibility working from home time fleixibility for office hours

Cons

senior management not good that much little politics most of the senior management long peroid working so you ave to listen what they say if anything goes wrong they will supress

4. "Working Here as QA Engineer"

Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore

I have been working at Micro Focus

Pros

Good environment to work with.

Cons

Senior Management is not having proper vision

"Used to be great place to work, now it is a joke"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Support Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staff are the best thing about it.

Cons

Salary, career advancement, lack of bonus, office building unfit for purpose, senior management, company direction and greed.

August 25, 2020HR

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoy working with the people and teams at Micro Focus. We know that pay and benefits are important. Our Rewards focus on recognizing personal and company achievement as well as the opportunity to be a shareholder through equity programs. To ensure we’re competitive, we use external benchmarks to check that our pay and benefits packages are in line with the market, region by region. If you have not had a chance, please visit our Career Portal as it includes information on internal mobility but most importantly also describes how to best learn and develop one’s own career. Many resources are available to enhance skills and to accompany you in your career journey. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner if you have questions or to share feedback.

"Good senior management but poor regional / local management."

4.0
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales in Melbourne

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Products that have been installed in big enterprises and been running in background for years. Flexible work hours for pre-sales. Task oriented pre-sales team rather than time oriented.

Cons

Products are still silos. Senior management team has very good vision for the company but local management culture is toxic.

December 11, 2019Social Media ad Channels Program Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re proud of our product portfolio which includes a range of mature and emerging technologies that help run and protect our customers’ mission critical applications. A big part of our strategy is around integrating our products to create even more powerful solutions. For example using our analytics capabilities to bring artificial intelligence to application testing, help desk support and security monitoring. The heart of Micro Focus success is our people, having the right people in the right roles, and ensuring our employees have the resources they need to succeed is a priority. If you have any concerns about your leadership and support, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

"Unpleasant place to work"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good people are still here

Cons

I found the company mentality unpleasant. Some overly controlling senior management types. Unflexible in approach

December 11, 2019Social Media ad Channels Program Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our core values revolve around treating people with respect and employees feeling comfortable in their work environment. We take this feedback very seriously and encourage our employees to speak to HR with concerns of this nature; we will follow up to ensure resolution. We are sorry this was your experience and wish you the best in your future endeavours.

8. "Technical Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Location, relaxed working hours, i.e. work your core hours and go home. Relaxed atmosphere, treated with maturity to fulfill your workload.

Cons

Lack of communication with Senior Management and staff. Not rewarding in terms of career goals/aspects.

"Typical merger and acquisition aches and pains."

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good co-workers. Decent pay. Pretty good benefits. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Where to start? So many mergers and acquisitions that everything is changing ALL THE TIME. I have had 4 different managers in 18 months time. Product managers have changed 3 times in one year. There are systems in place from mergers over 8 years ago that have still not been integrated and doesn’t look to be integrated anytime soon. Senior management more focused on band-aiding problems rather than actually fixing them. Most managers have been there so long and all they can do is adjust and adapt, not leaving a lot of room for any actual innovation or progress. No wage increases or career growth. Constant layoffs and recently re-hired many of those that were just laid off. So much turnover because if you survived the cut, you are definitely getting overworked making up for all the cuts. Be warned about all the positive reviews that state "no cons" at all. Even the best companies have their cons. The difference is that those companies actually fix those problems.

10. "High Z score"

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Offerind the standard corporate benefits

Cons

Too many acquisitions created a disconnected workforce, senior management with no soul

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 English Reviews