Mixpanel Reviews

Found 205 of over 211 reviews

4.0
Mixpanel CEO Amir Movafaghi
Amir Movafaghi
Pros
  • "Great culture & smart people(in 14 reviews)

• "work life balance at the office(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some growing pains but nothing that is not worth working here(in 12 reviews)

• "Analytics is getting crowded as a space(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great culture, ambition and upside

4 Dec 2020 - Engineering Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mixpanel has been the best place I’ve worked in my career, for a few reasons: 1- the openness/empathy of the culture - promoted from the highest ranks, and adopted by everyone I had the pleasure to interact with was super refreshing, especially after coming from some highly political workplaces in the past. 2- the company is motivated, powered up and driven to win, and the product is improving week over week. In addition to improving the product, the company is making the right moves to capture mind and market share for the right segment of customers. 3- the leadership listens. During all-hands it really feels as if everyone’s voice is heard and addressed rather than pushed aside or given non-answers, and then followed up with actions to address any issues. 4- tremendous learning and growth opportunities for entry and mid level engineers with mentoring from kind and empathetic senior engineers, and good opportunities for senior engineers to expand their scope.

Cons

- No 401k match (yet) - Different teams seem to have different experiences with some variations depending on the style of their manager, but that’s to be expected. However the overall culture of openness and empathy towards one another seems to sweep over any inconsistencies in team-cultural changes.

11 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Open, self-reflective, smart. Great product and company

16 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture Wicked smart team Low egos up and down the seniority level World class CEO Growing, gaining market share Understand where data ecosystem is going and focused on the right things Incredible data tools and team for understanding the business and product (go figure) Great benefits that reward employees for professional and personal growth Managers show trust and respect

Cons

So much to learn. Never enough time. The data ecosystem is super complex and the tool is very powerful and covers countless use cases. You’ll need to almost treat it like data grad school.

2 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for the feedback! It's great to hear that our culture and team at all levels are providing a positive experience. You have a Learning Time Off benefit which provides 40 hours a year for just investing in personal growth and development. If that's still not enough time, we'd love your input so we can consider expanding it!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mixpanel is an amazing place to work

7 May 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

1 All the tools that make the work easy have been made available.

Cons

A lot of my success as a salesperson depends on other humans' decisions.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent product

7 Dec 2020 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product is absolutely amazing. The speed of reaction to customer feedback is something I haven't seen before. I think the Product teams are highly focused on delivering features that people actually need and they ship new stuff on a monthly basis (to say the least). In terms of culture, we got a lot of support to navigate the covid crisis: to set up a home office, to take care of our mental health, to disconnect from work (extra days off, as company holidays). They've done regular surveys to assess how everyone was feeling working form home, which was very much appreciated.

Cons

The learning curve is steep and you need to be constantly looking for information, asking questions, etc. The PMs are very helpful, but this dependency can slow you down and you need to be very organized in order to stay on top on things and deliver a great level of service. More enablement would be amazing as it would empower everyone to really feel like experts.

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

7 Jan 2021 - GTM Team in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work with people who are wicked smart and genuinely a pleasure to be around, online and off. The product is great (just ask any of your PM friends in tech). The CEO truly cares about employees. Lots of exciting, interesting work and opportunities to grow professionally and make an impact on the business.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge, but depends on the team. We move fast and often prioritize short-term projects simply because we've got metrics to hit.

Continue reading
      7 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for the feedback! It's just as important for us to know what we should keep doing as what we should stop doing. We want to make sure all employees are doing their best work by having the time recharge and have added two additional Company Wellness days to our holiday calendar this year, giving every employee in the company a three-day weekend every month. If we can be doing more to ensure that people are able to achieve balance, please don't hesitate to let me know!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow

26 Jan 2021 - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really innovative, incredible product, through all of the ups and downs over the years, Mixpanel has survived due to the strength of the product - Great learning opportunities everyday - Lots of flexibility to grow within your role or try new roles - Invested in their people - Growing fast, exciting time to be here - Really, really great people - Leadership is humble and listens to employees at all levels

Cons

- No L&D resources, but that's now changed--there is now someone focused on L&D and a stipend which will make a big difference

5 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Learning & Development is a key area of focus for us this year! It's great to know that it's already making an impact - stay tuned for more to come!

7. 5.0

Great Company - Great People

24 Feb 2021 - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people, take care of their employees, goal focused with mental health in mind, solid benefits

Cons

Remote training can be difficult, but this can most likely be found in most remote tech jobs right now.

3 people found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for providing feedback! It really helps us to continuously improve and ensure we are delivering the best employee experience possible. I agree - remote training is far from ideal. We are thinking through ways to improve it and would love your suggestions if you have them!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best experience

22 Feb 2021 - Individual Contributor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best people, great product, and a truly supportive environment. I get to work on interesting problems that keep pushing me to grow.

Cons

I love that we're still a startup despite being much larger than a "startup". I still wish we could move faster on certain things.

1 person found this review helpful

VP of People and Business Operations

Thank you for letting us know what we are doing well on supporting our employees and helping them to grow! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience or the pace of execution, please don't hesitate to reach out to me!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

great product. the rest is a waste of time.

6 Nov 2020 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-amazing product and features. i learned something new and cool about what our product can do almost every week. truly nothing like it on the market. companies will always have an advantage with mixpanel. -unique market positioning and great brand reputation with ex-users. prospects were always happy to talk to sales even if they weren't ready to buy.

Cons

-absolutely garbage work culture. people talking behind your back. weird work/team alliances. -no alignment strategy whatsoever between marketing and sales, and AEs and SDRs. i was blown away by the fact that marketing didn't know a thing about how to run an ABM campaign and didn't care at all about aligning outbounding messaging. AEs were terrible to their SDRs and treated them like secretaries. constantly blamed SDRs for their own dry pipeline and lack of selling skills. -sales leadership, sales leadership... they come and they go. general leadership seemed to have no idea what was going on w sales. couldn't ever nail down one, organized strategy. -very weird HR strategy too. seemed to only care about getting on the good side of leadership + keeping appearances instead of getting real things done about the culture and mismanagement. -all around not a good time. odd, odd place. do not recommend. -young salespeople: don't work here. this ship is slowly sinking. you won't grow, you won't learn and they'll never promote you.

Continue reading
      6 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic culture

19 May 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay, benefits like insurance, team building

Cons

favouritism, limited growth, no team effort

Be the first to find this review helpful

Mixpanel Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your experience while at Mixpanel was not representative of the transparent, team-oriented culture we are known for. As the new SVP of Sales, this is my biggest priority - to cultivate an environment where people are rewarded based on outcomes and can grow over the long term. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to discuss your experience with me.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 205 Reviews