Mollie Employee Reviews about "amsterdam"

Updated Mar 11, 2020

Found 5 of over 95 reviews

4.5
Mollie CEO Shane Happach
Shane Happach
Pros
  • "Mollie is growing fast, so this is the right time to get aboard and experience the growth of a scale-up(in 5 reviews)

• "We have a great office location in the city centre of Amsterdam (at the canals(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing fast which is always challenging(in 6 reviews)

• "company is growing(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "amsterdam"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great place to work!

Mar 11, 2020 - Talent Specialist in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing opportunity to grow along with Mollies' success. Mollie is growing fast, so this is the right time to get aboard and experience the growth of a scale-up. - Stimulating work environment with young, smart and ambitious people. There is a culture of celebration; weekly friday-drinks, company parties and the day off on your birthday. - We're taken good care of. We have a great office location in the city centre of Amsterdam (at the canals =), daily fresh lunches in the office and treats on special occasions. - No hierarchy: everyone is approachable.

Cons

The standard growth pains like every fast growing company is experiencing.. familiar with the meeting-room-struggle?

2. 5.0

Nice place to work!

Dec 2, 2019 - Office Manager in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fast growing company with a really nice culture and work vibe in the city center of Amsterdam. The lovely colleagues, open mindsets, positive mentalities and the option to grow and learn a lot is what I really enjoy.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company with a great culture and values that I believe in.

Jun 11, 2019 - HR Coordinator in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Freedom to manage your own time/working hours, including the ability to work from home. - Young, enthusiastic, like-minded people who enjoy working here. So there is a positive & productive climate. - People from all over the world, cultural diversity is something we can learn a lot from so I enjoy that. - Authenticity is the baseline, which results in people truly being themselves here. To be able to wear clothes we like and feel like ourselves in at work results in confidence and the ability for people to show their identity/themselves. - Lunch is taking care of everyday with lots of different (healthy) things to choose from. The rest of the day you can always take some other (healthy) snacks from the kitchen. - Location; in the middle of Amsterdam on the beautiful canals in the 9 streets (we are moving in September but that building is going to be even more awesome).

Cons

- The company is growing fast so the teams are quite divided by different levels in the building/ some teams are in the studios on the other side of the canal. So some people you only see at lunch (occasionally). Which results in people staying with their own floor/team with lunch/drinks etc. But in the new building that has already been taking care of. - Since the company is growing really fast the amount of new people might be intimidating for the 'older generation'. It is hard to reach them sometimes because they are already set in their ways/ friends at work etc. and when a lot of new people come in I think people tend to stay with what they already know. Which I do not blame anyone at all, I think that is a natural thing to do. These things take time and people do really make an effort to make everyone feel welcome. The other side of it is that new people might clique together as well in the 'older generation of Mollies' their eyes.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great product & huge impact

Mar 22, 2019 - Product Engineer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great atmosphere and lots of positive energy every day - Lots of challenges. You can truly make an impact on the payment landscape - Fast moving scale-up. Currently expanding to the rest of Europe 🇪🇺 - Top notch gear (latest Macbook, 34-inch monitor, noise cancelling headphone) - Located on one of the the most beautiful spots in Amsterdam - Enough space to grow personally & professionally. Managers are focussed on enabling you to achieve the most - Successes are celebrated with the whole company

Cons

- Growing pains. We're growing so fast that sometimes processes are a bit behind / not ready. However, this is something that the management is actively working on and it's getting a lot better lately

5. 5.0

I love the opportunity!

Mar 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really like the vibe of the office where everybody is super excited about our next challenge - international expansion. I can really see that people like the company and genuinely enjoy working here. It often feels more like a family than a company and that is the atmosphere I enjoy the most. We are up for something great, we decided to conquer the rest of Europe, not just the Benelux market. I can really feel that I con contribute to that with my ideas and make an impact. People listen to me and I can use my full creativity to take ownership of all the projects. The company structure is really flat, so with all my ideas I can walk up directly to CEO or the founder. The technology is everywhere at Mollie, we are implementing automation across the whole organisation and that is really exciting. I also enjoy having the latest Apple gear (and noise-canceling headphones are great as well). Location of the office is right at the heart of Amsterdam with a beautiful canal view. I especially enjoy our Friday drinks on the balcony in the summer.

Cons

I do not see any big minuses myself (yet), but I can imagine that for some people it could be the hassle of a scale-up environment where things are constantly changing and decisions are made fast.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews