Mollie Employee Reviews about "growing fast"

Updated Mar 11, 2020

Found 9 of over 96 reviews

4.6
Mollie CEO Shane Happach
Shane Happach
Pros
  • "Mollie is growing fast, so this is the right time to get aboard and experience the growth of a scale-up(in 5 reviews)

• "We have a great office location in the city centre of Amsterdam (at the canals(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing fast which is always challenging(in 6 reviews)

• "company is growing(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "growing fast"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great place to work!

Mar 11, 2020 - Talent Specialist in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing opportunity to grow along with Mollies' success. Mollie is growing fast, so this is the right time to get aboard and experience the growth of a scale-up. - Stimulating work environment with young, smart and ambitious people. There is a culture of celebration; weekly friday-drinks, company parties and the day off on your birthday. - We're taken good care of. We have a great office location in the city centre of Amsterdam (at the canals =), daily fresh lunches in the office and treats on special occasions. - No hierarchy: everyone is approachable.

Cons

The standard growth pains like every fast growing company is experiencing.. familiar with the meeting-room-struggle?

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work environment, possibilities to grow & ambitious colleagues

Dec 24, 2019 - Partnership Manager in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is great. Work hard but have a lot of fun too. Everybody is really ambitious. The company is growing fast in terms of clients but also in terms of new colleagues. This creates a lot of challegnes but I've to say we are doing a better job on that every day and these new colleagues bring a lot of new insights and knowledge to the teams. We are quite a 'flat' company with not a lot of hierarchy. Everybody is really down to earth and approachable. Friday drinks and Mollie parties are great. Mollie has offices in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and France and this creates a lot of possibilities to grow and work internationally. We are planning to enter even more markets in Europe so great times ahead. Salaries are solid and we get the best gear (Apple laptop, huge screen) available. Office building is located at the Keizersgracht and its absolutelly stunning. Great place to work.

Cons

The company is growing fast which is always challenging. New processes, strucrures and 'rules' are created which can differ from how we have always done it and was 'typically Mollie'. Because of the growth, the company's strategy is also changing which can be confusing time to time and conflicting with the current daily ops. I really like a continuously changing environment but I can understand that some people don't like that. Finally, there is a lot of work to do and every single employee has quite some responsibilities. You need to like that too.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company and culture

Dec 23, 2019 - Head of Partnerships in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've started almost 4 years ago at Mollie. We grew from 20 to roughly 185 employees. Mollie is a fast growing and ambitious company. As an employee you contribute directly to the company goals and results. The Mollie product is great and we're truly making impact by solving the complexity of payments for our merchants, big or small.

Cons

A dynamic and fast pace work environment. Department and company strategy tends to change, Nevertheless important to keep the Mollie culture alive.

4. 5.0

Nice place to work!

Dec 2, 2019 - Office Manager in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fast growing company with a really nice culture and work vibe in the city center of Amsterdam. The lovely colleagues, open mindsets, positive mentalities and the option to grow and learn a lot is what I really enjoy.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Freelancer

Great culture!

Nov 14, 2019 - Anonymous Freelancer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mollie is a great and inclusive company to work for. At Mollie people listen to each other and there is a lot of room to grow. At the same time the company is growing fast and expanding to different companies. An exciting and inspiring place to be!

Cons

The challenge for Mollie will be to keep this great culture while growing, but I have great confidence we will!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mollie offers challenging projects combined with a great culture

Aug 8, 2019 - Software Engineer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture Mollie allows and encourages you to grow, both as a person and in your field. If you have a good idea, you have the room to bring it forward. When something goes wrong, it is always about how the team can learn from it, and never about who made the mistake. The company consists of mostly young and talented individuals who strive for the best. Mollie appreciates the effort we put into the work, by hosting summer events, offering company merchandise and perks such as having a day off on your birthday. Technical challenges Given the rapid growth that Mollie is experiencing, there are a lot of technical challenges that we work on. Since you are surrounded by engineers who have a lot of knowledge, there is always an opportunity to learn. Furthermore, if you show that you have the knowledge and skills, you can be given opportunities to grow into a new position, for example a leadership position.

Cons

The company is growing fast. Therefore, the start-up atmosphere slowly gives way to a more bureaucratic environment, in which you lose grip on some of the teams in the company. The future will tell how that will influence the company culture as it is now. Furthermore, the fast growth and commercial projects that go along with it sometimes collide with projects that would improve core features and engineer happiness. From a business perspective this is understandable, but maintaining the core of your operation is also important.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company with a great culture and values that I believe in.

Jun 11, 2019 - HR Coordinator in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Freedom to manage your own time/working hours, including the ability to work from home. - Young, enthusiastic, like-minded people who enjoy working here. So there is a positive & productive climate. - People from all over the world, cultural diversity is something we can learn a lot from so I enjoy that. - Authenticity is the baseline, which results in people truly being themselves here. To be able to wear clothes we like and feel like ourselves in at work results in confidence and the ability for people to show their identity/themselves. - Lunch is taking care of everyday with lots of different (healthy) things to choose from. The rest of the day you can always take some other (healthy) snacks from the kitchen. - Location; in the middle of Amsterdam on the beautiful canals in the 9 streets (we are moving in September but that building is going to be even more awesome).

Cons

- The company is growing fast so the teams are quite divided by different levels in the building/ some teams are in the studios on the other side of the canal. So some people you only see at lunch (occasionally). Which results in people staying with their own floor/team with lunch/drinks etc. But in the new building that has already been taking care of. - Since the company is growing really fast the amount of new people might be intimidating for the 'older generation'. It is hard to reach them sometimes because they are already set in their ways/ friends at work etc. and when a lot of new people come in I think people tend to stay with what they already know. Which I do not blame anyone at all, I think that is a natural thing to do. These things take time and people do really make an effort to make everyone feel welcome. The other side of it is that new people might clique together as well in the 'older generation of Mollies' their eyes.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Talented engineering team with lots of interesting challenges

Jun 8, 2019 - Software Engineer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering plays a vital role in the company's success since it's mostly a technical product. Your voice as an engineer counts at this company. The engineering teams feel like family. You are surrounded by talented, helpful, and positive engineers. People at Mollie often hang out together outside of work as well. There are ski trips and such being organised by the people regularly. With the rapid growth of the company there's a lot to learn for engineers with regards to product scalability, security, maintainability and tooling. The engineering team leads are focused on helping you grow through career frameworks, personal coaching and such.

Cons

As in any fast-growing company, there are some growing pains such as board indecisiveness.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Personal, fun & critical approach - aiming for the best!

Mar 5, 2019 - Head of Recruitment in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Mollie is like working with relatives. We literally go through fire for each other.

Cons

Growpains. Since 2015 Mollie is growing fast. This means sometimes we facing situations that new for us as a company. The good thing about this is that we do strive to get the most out of every situation.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews