Morgan Business Consulting Reviews

Updated 29 Mar 2021

3.7
Morgan Business Consulting President and CEO Alex Amenabar  (no image)
Alex Amenabar
  1. "Another DoD Contractor parasite"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior FMS Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Morgan Business Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At they very least, they do recognize that there's a problem with the company culture... they hired people to fix the culture and are trying to get people to "take responsibility". Yet refuse to actually correctly identify the inexperienced management as the problem.

Cons

The Principle running the joint on the West Coast never developed those critical thinking and analytic skills because he's always been at the same company since he got out of the service, and has never worked in a GCC before. They have relied on who they know to move up the chain... which is the problem with the gov contracting world as a whole. It's all about doing the bare minimum to check the box; anyone to skilled or passionate is seen as a threat by leadership. You have to put on a dog-and-pony show since there's so much competition and melodrama in the company. You can't just wow the client-they don't care about performance on the Contract. You have to put on a show for your management. and if you refuse? they marginalize you, slowly cut you out from communication with the rest of the company, and then can you. Managers complain about there not being anyone with FMS/ SA/ SC experience, but the fact is that there are plenty, they just refuse to work for MBC. So they hire cute sales reps with no DOD experience at all. They don't care if the client is satisfied with the work or not; they just need to check the box to get government cheese and try to get more DoD contracts at any cost.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Morgan Business Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dedicated staff driven to succeed

Cons

Ongoing contracts are not always forthcoming-- not theirg fault

3. "Good"

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Morgan Business Consulting full-time

Pros

Good good good good good

Cons

None none none none none

4. "AMAZING"

Current Employee - NAPP Analyst in Havelock, NC

I have been working at Morgan Business Consulting full-time

Pros

Work at MBC is one of the best experiences. The management staff is fantastic and my coworkers are great. There are perks and the CEO and operations officer make you feel valued.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons work at MBC.

"Mixed bag"

2.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Morgan Business Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are clear and as expected. Good number of open positions

Cons

The reason there are so many open positions is the culture. There are a couple re-los from DC who have clear aspirations to run the company, and they still blame-shift as needed to get where they want to go, even if it costs someone their job. Very little concern about long-term client satisfaction; 'burn-and-churn' mentality. Oh and this is only the San Diego office; I can't speak to the other locations.

"Recommend to any friend!"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

Pros

Small company so easy accessibility to leadership, compensated well, flexible time off, great coworkers and culture

Cons

Since it's a small company, it specializes in certain fields. There is less opportunity to move around in roles as it would be in a bigger company. However, since it's a small business, the managment takes a lot of interest in personal growth which helps

"Some pros-cons"

2.0
    Former Employee - Management in Arlington, VA

I worked at Morgan Business Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible environment. Family friendly.

Cons

Nepotism with the CEO and COO.. hugely toxic. Unfortunately there have been so many that were pushed out. I was not one of them.

Morgan Business Consulting Response

August 30, 2018

It is clear by the numerous reviews you have written that you want to be heard. We encourage you to reach out to us at mbc-hr@mbc360.com so that we can hear your specific concerns and discuss together. As a small company that really cares about our employees, we take feedback VERY seriously. We appreciate anyone writing a review, good or constructive, because it is an opportunity for us to learn about how we can best serve our employees. As part of our initiatives to continuously improve and receive feedback from our employees, we conducted an internal survey in July 2018 that was completely anonymous, allowing for candid feedback. We received responses from 90% of our staff, which provided a reliable sample size and allowed us to draw meaningful conclusions. Results were based on a scale including Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree and Strongly Disagree. Results are as follows: - Employees "Strongly Agree" that at work, they understand what is clearly expected of them - Employees "Strongly Agree" that they are surrounded by people who share their same work values - Employees "Agree" that they know they will be recognized for excellent work - Employees "Strongly Agree" that teammates have their back - Employees "Strongly Agree" that they feel respected by their direct supervisor - Employees "Strongly Agree" that they would recommend working at MBC to a friend. - Employees "Agree" that their workload on their project is sustainable - Employees "Strongly Agree" that they see themselves working at MBC a year from the time of the survey While we know we are not "perfect" (as I'm not sure any company is), we can assure you that we are always striving to be our best and that includes placing the utmost value on our employees. Through this survey, we can see that these efforts have not gone unnoticed as the results were positive across all questions. We are proud to have an engaged and motivated team with positive feelings about MBC and their supervisors. Throughout the year we will continue to look at the results of the survey and use it to guide our efforts in developing an engaged and motivated team focused on providing outstanding results for our clients, their team, and MBC. In response to your review, we welcome you to reach out to our management team to have a conversation regarding concerns and feedback. You can reach out to us at mbc-hr@mbc360.com.

"Great Management Consulting Firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Morgan Business Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hired into MBC to provide consulting support to a government client. MBC has a great amount of experience and solutions for a small company, rivaling much larger firms, but it still feels like a small firm with its dedicated care for its employees. Good team environment with consultants helping across solutions and client areas – very professional staff and culture. Expanding rapidly so there are plenty of growth opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort. Overall, MBC is a great company across the board – I’ve worked with a few and it is the best one so far!

Cons

Only two primary offices so some consultants don’t get the full effect of the great office environment. Still, management makes constant effort to stay engaged and in contact.

Continue reading

"MBC is a company with an employee first mentality that stresses customer satisfaction, performance, and professional ach"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Morgan Business Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, supportive coworkers and supervisors, diverse book of business in federal and private sectors, small business with big asperations and plans in place to acheive goals, young company but very expereinced professionals on staff; helps promote a happy medium between establishing culture and following structure already in place. Consultants on the bench are always the first to be considered for new contracts.

Cons

Large portion of business is in DoD; budget cuts do have potential to affect company outlook as with all consulting firms. Being a smaller company we can adapt more easily that some of the bigger DoD and defense contractors.

Continue reading

"Love the people, like the work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Morgan Business Consulting full-time

Pros

Employees at this company are smart, engaging, and truly care about what they do - a very refreshing change from traditional gov't contractors. The atmosphere is collaborative and dynamic. Benefits are decent, though company contributions to 401k vest over 4 years rather than immediately. Annual all-hands meeting is a highlight! Leadership encourages trying new work. The CEO recognizes each employee on their birthday and during the holidays with huge gift baskets shipped to their homes.

Cons

Very few. Occasionally you'll find evidence of growing pains (MBC has grown rapidly since inception), particularly as the administrative systems and workplace tools try to keep up and become more robust. Also, there can be a fair amount of pressure from management to grow the business (i.e. BD) - simply serving the client exceptionally well is considered the bare minimum.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews