Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "career progression"

Updated 1 Apr 2020

4.4
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "career progression"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

April 2, 2020Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

2. "Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Group Support in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Inclusive culture - Appreciate all the benefits/ incentives like flexible work timings, work from home, birthday leave, loyalty leave etc. - Proper Reward & Recognition

Cons

-My first time in the recruitment business so I was not aware of the attrition rates, but having been here for almost 3 years now I've come to realize that this is quite normal and MMK probably has a lower turnover rate compared to others in the industry! -Career Progression - While there are processes in place for the core business/ teams to grow as per their performance, the support group is now getting its appraisal/ career progression processes in place - Better late than never!

February 26, 2020Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to detail what you think of working life at Morgan McKinley and we appreciate your honesty. We wish you every success in your future with us.

3. "It's ok"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Tokyo
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- transparent commission schemes - some small events

Cons

- unclear career progression - micromanagement/political/high turnover depends on team - fear strategies as a motivator tool

April 17, 2020People Director

Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback seriously, and I will be sharing your commentary with our senior team.

4. "Fine for a while"

2.0

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Great culture and people. Good company events.

Cons

Salary Benefits Not much career progression

5. "Working in MMK Singapore"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a company who values their employee's opinions and welfare, a MD that encourages you to work hard and play hard, a manager who genuinely cares about your career progression and well being, team mates that help each other, and colleagues who feel like family, then MMK is the place to be!!

Cons

Systems can be quite slow sometimes, but nothing IT helpdesk can't fix!

October 9, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review - we appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that our values and the welfare of our employees is something you have highlighted positively. We wish you every success in your career with Morgan McKinley.

6. "Inclusive, fun, professional business with strong united leadership at its core"

Current Employee - Executive Candidate Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is ongoing and exhaustive. There is a continual program of training and development and it is a commitment taken really seriously. Career progression is well documented so that if goals are obtained advancement is systematic. It feels collaborative. The narrative is a positive one. Very collegiate and accepting. Lots of different backgrounds, agers and characters and everyone very positive and upbeat and it appears that people really want others to succeed. A fun and varied rewards system of lunches and parties. There is a blend of part timers and parents and flex is afforded to anyone that can manage it. Where possible the business tries to support peoples outside interests of study, family and sport etc.

Cons

The teams diversity is becoming a better reflection of the market we serve with a mix of nationalities and cultures. There are now more than a couple of Aussies! I think this has really added a professionalism and feels more appropriate for the region we serve and our international candidates.

7. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, career progression and people are the best!

Cons

Benefits are not the best, no Healthcare

September 27, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear how positively you rate the benefits, career progression and people at Morgan McKinley. We offer a range of benefits for employees and will be sure to feedback your advice to the local management team.

"Long term career progression"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great relationships with global companies as well as SME's, the MMK brand makes it easy to open doors to new clients - Candidates and clients alike, clearly trust the MMK brand - Welcoming sales floor, collaborative and everyone is working towards a clear goal - Clear career progression and many examples of long-standing recruiters within the business (10 years+), unheard of in other agencies - Flexible working is accepted - you feel trusted as an employee

Cons

Nothing to report back at the moment

May 30, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that you feel that there is excellent career progression here, as well as a welcoming and friendly community at Morgan McKinley... long may it continue! Please do reach out if there is anything you feel we can improve on. We wish you all the best in your career with us.

9. "Absolutely loving MMK life"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great leadership and management - I report directly into one of the inspirational founding MDs which is amazing for my personal development - Flexible working is encouraged and role modelled. It's a genuine reality here, I'm working from home as I write this! - Team of bright, impressive and lovely people who want to work collaboratively and celebrate each others' success - Global reach and infrastructure, but boutique feel so that you get the advantages of each - Extra leave (1 day per quarter) plus 2 days for volunteering and a big emphasis on giving back via CSR program - Career progression is always thought about and supported, tailored to each person's strengths and aspirations rather than applying a blanket approach to everyone

Cons

None - it's always busy so you have to enjoy working at pace, but that's recruitment in a nutshell and I know I'd be bored otherwise!

April 8, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback on working in our Sydney Team. It's fantastic to hear how well you rate the team, progression and culture overall there. We wish you a long and successful career within MMK!

10. "Good Recruitment Agency"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, warm atmosphere, several social events.

Cons

Certain areas - no career progression opportunities.

April 8, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to hear more about your thoughts on progression, as we find this is often rated favourably. Please reach out confidentially to our Global Head of HR at hgallagher@morganmckinley.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 English Reviews