Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 23 Apr 2020

4.3
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work for both well versed recruiters and career starter!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Tokyo

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance (flex time, work from home, remote access at all time) Great flat and open culture (regular events, celebration, CSR activities, Top quality training available from day 1: (both online and off line training) Transparent incentives, and clear career path available to everyone. fair KPIs and a result driven environment. Mature and very professional environment while striking as being very social and fun.

Cons

While Morgan McKinley is already doing a lot more than its competitors to keep its people engaged, there is a room for improvement here and would suggest the Management to keep up the good work and get even more involved.

People Director

Thank you for your feedback - it's really appreciated!

2. "Feeling like you're part of a family"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance, working from home once a week - Equal opportunities, support staff are given the opportunity to go on the annual 'go beyond' trip - Amazing culture, feels like a family with managers who are emotionally invested in their staff - Supportive environment

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with Morgan McKinley and wish you all the best for a successful, fun and rewarding career with the business.

3. "Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work. The business has the best of both worlds by uniquely combining the benefits of working in a big company and a boutique agency! MMK has strong leadership with a fun twist - management are approachable, driven and supportive. Contagious energy! The business is really built on twin pillars of support and autonomy - whichever you might want/need at any given moment, it is there. There are long-standing relationships across the business which everyone wants to share. A collective ‘one team’ mentality is very apparent. The onboarding for new or junior consultants is among the most comprehensive you will find. Properly outlined career paths and milestones - titles actually mean something and are respected/rewarded. An adult environment, fun but not crazy (definitely not a boiler room!) everyone is very driven but enjoy a good work/life balance. Good incentives and benefits i.e. trips abroad, social drinks, charity days, 24 days holiday, flexible working etc.

Cons

None so far are apparent.

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We greatly appreciate your feedback and wish you a successful career at Morgan McKinley!

4. "Working in Morgan McKinley Singapore"

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture in Morgan McKinley Singapore is very collaborative, fun, and open to sharing - thanks to the MD, who makes it point to cultivate such values. The incentive schemes are attractive. There is a lot of trust placed by the management to the employees, resulting in good work-life balance and flexibility. Employee feedback is encouraged and valued. Definitely the place you'd want to be in if you want to pursue Recruitment as a career.

Cons

There really are no cons.

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. It has great to hear how positively you think of Morgan McKinley and we wish you the best of luck for the future.

5. "Company in good transformation"

Consultant in Admiralty

I have been working at Morgan McKinley for more than a year

Pros

-New MD is way different than previous Managment, he is nice, approachable and always open for conversation, always positive and brings good energy to workplace -open and democratic working environment now -Great client pool, lots of terms signed -Great resources for candidate sourcing -Good marketing team and tools to drive sales -Good L&D -Flexible working environment, not as robotic as the firms I worked at before -Work life balance, no need to wait for the manager to off duty, can go on time if you want -can earn a lot if you are hard working -peers are nice -Clean pantry with nice view, always have fruits and snacks

Cons

Takes few months time to drive all the changes

Continue reading
  6. "People, Culture and Innovation"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are at the heart of Morgan McKinley. The culture is always bright, positive and fun. Every day Morgan McKinley are investing in new tools and resources to help enhance the role of a recruitment consultant and improve lives. Work life balance is key and I am very grateful for the flexibility they offer.

Cons

Recruitment is extremely fast paced and competitive, it can sometimes be hard to keep up, luckily the support and resources are in place to help you grow and succeed

Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really pleased to hear the positive impact flexibility is having for you and your work/life balance. It's great that you rate our culture and innovation projects so highly too. We wish you all the very best for a long and successful career within the team.

7. "The best recruitment company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment, work life balance and flexibility to work from home, leave early or start later as needed, focus is on quality of your work and output and not how long you spend in the office. Leadership genuinely cares about your ideas and input and will always encourage you to grow The team is encouraging, no back stabbing and they are all always happy with your success.

Cons

I know that opportunities to work internationally and move to other disciplines is available, but would want to have a clear view of what roles are vacant onshore and offshore and an idea on how to get a conversation started if there is interest to move.

Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are really pleased to hear about your positive experience working in our Sydney office. Should you wish to find out more about the global opportunities we have on offer, then please reach out in confidence to Steph Newth or anyone from our Talent Acquisition team directly. We wish you a long and successful career in Team MMK.

8. "Great!!!.....until I couldnt get any support with poor management style and wasnt even offered an exit interview!!!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning opportunities Work life balance is purely down to your manager and their wants and needs. I was lucky. Great party's and opportunities to socialise. good bonus scheme for achievers. Parking paid for in city center. One of the better recruitment agencies.

Cons

No exit interview's and poor procedures No one approachable to turn to with management related issues No support with poor managers Had to chase for P45 details as emailed to internal morgan mckinley email

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear the positives around what you enjoyed in Morgan McKinley. I am surprised and dissapointed to hear that you had some issues that you feel were not addressed here. Our policy is to complete exit interviews with all departing employee, if you did not have the opportunity I apologise and would be grateful if you could get in touch with me to discuss your feedback in confidence. Many thanks, Helen Gallagher 01 4321555 hgallagher@morganmckinley.ie

9. "Good company with room for improvement"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Autonomy to structure your own day - Strong brand especially within the financial services space - Various social and charity events - Employees are easy to get along with

Cons

- Too much focus on stats rather than quality - Synergies between teams can be improved in order to sell the company more efficiently - Work life balance can be improved further - Some teams stretched due to not enough consultants - Can be seen to do more on active extracurricular activities I.e sports and fitness

Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate your review, and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please reach out confidentially to Andrea Webb, People Director, at awebb@morganmckinley.co.uk

"Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working here over two years, its amazing. They promote continuous development, and a work life balance.

Cons

No health care or Maternity Leave

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review, it is great to see that you are enjoying your time in Morgan McKinley! I am not sure where you are located as you do not specify in your review but if you would like to get in touch with me I would be very happy to chat through the maternity and healthcare options available in your area? All the best, Helen.

Found 36 reviews