Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 4 Sep 2020

4.5
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer (Drupal) in Mahe, Kerala

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment and culture. Follows updated industrial standards in the technical world

Cons

onsite opportunity is less . It will be better to give an onsite opportunity once in a year

Continue reading
  2. "Great work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- High flexibility, dynamic culture with great people - A company that listen to employee's feedback and make changes to make work environment & culture better

Cons

- Lacking cross team support

September 14, 2020People Director

Thank you for your feedback - it's really appreciated. I'm interested to hear about how we might better improve the cross team support. I'd love chat to you to learn more about this feedback, so please feel free to reach out to me directly: awebb@morganmckinley.com.

3. "Great culture and progress"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Really good culture and good working environment

Cons

Lack of benefits Big focus on targets and KPI's

July 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you have positively rated your experience at Morgan McKinley and we wish you every success in your future with us.

4. "Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

April 2, 2020Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

5. "Company in good transformation"

Consultant in Admiralty

I have been working at Morgan McKinley for more than a year

Pros

-New MD is way different than previous Managment, he is nice, approachable and always open for conversation, always positive and brings good energy to workplace -open and democratic working environment now -Great client pool, lots of terms signed -Great resources for candidate sourcing -Good marketing team and tools to drive sales -Good L&D -Flexible working environment, not as robotic as the firms I worked at before -Work life balance, no need to wait for the manager to off duty, can go on time if you want -can earn a lot if you are hard working -peers are nice -Clean pantry with nice view, always have fruits and snacks

Cons

Takes few months time to drive all the changes

Continue reading
  6. "The best recruitment company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment, work life balance and flexibility to work from home, leave early or start later as needed, focus is on quality of your work and output and not how long you spend in the office. Leadership genuinely cares about your ideas and input and will always encourage you to grow The team is encouraging, no back stabbing and they are all always happy with your success.

Cons

I know that opportunities to work internationally and move to other disciplines is available, but would want to have a clear view of what roles are vacant onshore and offshore and an idea on how to get a conversation started if there is interest to move.

May 16, 2019Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are really pleased to hear about your positive experience working in our Sydney office. Should you wish to find out more about the global opportunities we have on offer, then please reach out in confidence to Steph Newth or anyone from our Talent Acquisition team directly. We wish you a long and successful career in Team MMK.

7. "Overall a good experience"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Great work environment with excellent colleagues and flexible hours. There is a diverse work load depending on your role and opportunity to change roles internally.

Cons

There can be a high turnover within the company and management is sometimes slow to act.

8. "Very global and progressive working environment, with healthy balance of freedom and support."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tokyo

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Global Support Network. Experienced managers who believe in mentoring - invest a lot of time and effort when people are starting out. Growing office so opportunities for progression Individuals are encouraged to build their own markets and business. As long as you are working hard and contributing to the business and the brand, managers give a lot of freedom with less focus on KPIs. Good commissions. Open and relaxed working environment. Good team work. Flexible working arrangements.

Cons

Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance.

March 14, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback, which has been great for us to read! It's fantastic to hear all the positive experiences you're having in our Tokyo office, and we appreciate your 'what-outs' for the future. Wishing you a long and happy career at MMK.

9. "6 months in and loving it!"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm based in Sydney, working in the Accounting and Finance team for Financial services. As a career changer, I have found that Morgan Mckinley has provided me with a clear pathway to making my transition into recruitment as smooth as possible. They also advocate for; Work flexibility Onsite training and upskilling A professional yet fun work environment Great leadership and mentorship Overall my experience has been incredibly positive

Cons

Not loads of inter-team mingling but that seems to be changing with a few new initiatives.

February 12, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on working in our Sydney office. It's great to hear how highly you rate our development and culture! We wish you a long and successful career within the team.

10. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, excellent commission and a wonderful development.

Cons

None that I can think of.

March 14, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your review with us. It's great to hear your positive views on working in our Sydney office. Long may it continue!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 English Reviews