MorganFranklin Consulting Associate Reviews

Updated 13 Jun 2014

4.7
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
0 Rating

"Great Opportunities for Professional Development"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

MorganFranklin has given me the opportunity to grow professionally moreso than other firms I have worked for by providing technical training, allowing me to attend conferences/workshops, and encouraging internal mentor/mentee relationships. I'm very proud to say that my growth was recognized with a promotion at my most recent annual review. In my senior associate level role, I feel that I'm compensated fairly. In addition to competitive salaries and yearly bonus opportunities, MorganFranklin rewards employees with real-time rewards (I earned a giftcard for my above and beyond efforts on a particular project), top-notch events (such as the Holiday Party this year, which was hosted at Union Station in Washington, D.C.) and a long list of HR benefits. The biggest cultural difference between MorganFranklin and other firms is that individuals at all levels are encouraged to share their ideas with leadership and collaborate with eachother to solve complex challenges--a true open door policy. I feel very comfortable walking into the offices of executive team members to discuss new ideas on how to approach projects.

Cons

MorganFranklin recently underwent a divestiture and organizational restructure within the past two years. We are approaching this change with a strategic roadmap for growth, which always has pitfalls, sucesses, and lessons-learned. To be successful in this environment, you have to be flexible and adapt to shifting sands. Without change, there is no innovation. A challenge is only an opportunity for greatness.

"Good place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior IT Audit Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Their employee review is thorough and developed to grow the employees career goals. Good management, always present to assist you and work with you where they can Challenging client work

Cons

Create more opportunities for an employee to move from one practice to another

"Company culture a best fit for entrepreneurial professionals"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- MorganFranklin's pay for performance environment is best suited for self-starting professionals who are entrepreneurial by nature. Each engagement is essentially an opportunity to run your own consulting business for a single client. Professionals that walk towards challenges and focus on solving client issues are going to be the most successful here. If you do a really good job for a client, this will lead to more business development opportunities at the client (or through referral) and increased opportunities for you as a professional. - This company is growing, and you can feel the electricity in the air. People are excited and happy to work for MorganFranklin, most likely because we are contributing to the business goals of a client base that continues to increase in size and visibility. - MorganFranklin is very focused on company culture, and the leadership works to communicate the cultural ideals of the company to employees at all levels through trainings such as the "MorganFranklin Way". Overall, the culture is positive and inclusive, with an emphasis on rewarding performance and business development. Regularly scheduled happy hours, company events, and community volunteer opportunities re-inforce the positive culture. I think they are doing a good job of regularly bringing the company together, despite the dispersed nature of a consulting business model. - Flexibility is an option. - The majority of the Managing Directors are former Big4 audit or consulting professionals, with families. As a result, they expect that every engagement deliver high quality work products to clients, but understand the balance that you need to strike as a professional with a family. You can have a career in professional-services here and still have a personal life. - I honestly like the Managing Directors I work with on engagements, and I enjoy the interactions with the founders. I would enjoy having a beer with the majority of the leaders at the company. How often can you say that about your boss?

Cons

- There is variability in experience at the Associate and Senior Associate levels. The sweet-spot for MorganFranklin recruiting is former Big4 audit or consulting professionals with a few years experience. These professionals know how to prepare workpapers, prepare presentations geared towards clients, analyze and understand the accounting and finance environment of a client, perform technical accounting research and respond to external auditor requests on behalf of clients. Associates that do not have this previous experience don't receive as balanced a development track. It can be difficult to develop an Associate hired from campus to the same level of proficiency as a Senior Associate or Manager hired from a Big4 firm. - There are less technical resources and fewer levels of general review than Big4. Not a big deal if you are good at performing technical research and working independently, but if you relied on a reviewer to catch your mistakes or consultation with a subject matter expert in the past then this might feel like working without a safety net.

Continue reading

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

April 29, 2013Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! MFC has a "continuous improvement" culture, and thoughtful employee feedback like this is extremely valuable to us. While no Company is perfect, you've highlighted some important aspects of what makes MFC special. You have also outlined a valid area for development. We have recently begun to hire direct from campus and we do need to mature our associate/sr. associate level training program to help ensure the success of these employees. We like the idea you propose here and will present it to leadership. Thanks again for taking the time to help make MorganFranklin Consulting an even better place to work!

"Excellent place to begin a career, with unlimited opportunities for growth and experience."

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been given experiences in various types of projects within only a year, vastly increasing my range of skill sets; I have been valued as a face within the company and not a number, as I've been rewarded not based on my rank and time with the company, but rather my work. Excellent people to work with and work for!

Cons

Not always advanced notice on where/what your next project will be, although I expect this is common in most consulting firms.

"An up and coming company with great potential."

Associate in Vienna, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Great work environment. Its fast paced, the work is challenging and you can really lose yourself in the experience. Lot's of perks and benefits, great healthcare and community involvement, and I feel like they really care about me.

Cons

Fairness is "lumpy" across the company. Depending on the MD you work for, the experience can be great or a nightmare. They need to do a better job of talking about work/life balance versus giving me a bonus based on billable hours!

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews