MorganFranklin Consulting Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

MorganFranklin Consulting Director Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2019

4.2
MorganFranklin Consulting CEO Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
  1. "Great people, growth opportunities"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Great firm comprised of smart people I genuinely enjoy working with. The firm has a growth mindset and entrepreneurial culture. Good benefits, flexible work environment, competitive comp and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Growth mindset also means a lot of change. I've learned to lean into it and find the opportunities that result, but the fluidity/gray areas/frequent change might not be a fit for some.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-09-10

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

After years of stagnation, the company appears to be scaling. The question remains, at what cost?

Cons

There are too many managing directors that appear to have inherent biases against employees or prospective employees who are not from the east coast. Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support. Once an employee is hired they are on their own. It appears the company is more interested in making the next dollar than trying to secures a long-term quality client, and... retain the best and brightest employee. Many of the managing directors and executive directors treat their highly-skilled, professional consultants as if they were their personal administrative assistants.

Advice to Management

You may want to consider re-purposing your managing directors. Possible question: Why does the company have so many managing directors and how are they contributing to the company's success.

MorganFranklin Consulting2018-08-08

"Entrepreneurial organization that provides great growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

Pros

Culture-- MFC has a positive, collaborative culture. The firm is comprised of smart, talented people who take pride in delivering quality work. People here care about each other, the work we do and the clients we impact. It isn't perfect, but in the years I've been here, I've always felt appreciated for the work that I do, valued for my ideas and contributions and a real sense of being part of a team, working... toward a common goal. Clients- the firm has a diverse client base that includes premium brands as well as smaller, fast-growing organizations across a broad range of industries. Especially impressive when you consider the size of the organization. Not a lot of firms this size can boast a client roster of this caliber. The "Creature Comforts" are great-- technology that make communication and collaboration effective even when you're traveling. Beautiful corporate HQ with nice amenities. Benefits are excellent. Compensation is fair and I feel like I've been rewarded and recognized, especially in years when I've exceeded expectations. The bar here is high, but that's motivating for me. Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here. It's professional services, so if you have experience in this industry, you know it's demanding and that there can be long hours and tight deadlines. Expectations are high, but manageable. People (including leadership) treat each other as people, everyone knows you have a life outside of work and responsibilities to manage. I've always been given the latitude I need to take care of things at home, but I work hard (and sometimes long hours) to deliver results.

Cons

Clients are nationwide, so travel is likely, especially for our commercial consultants. Professional services is a demanding industry and finding balance can be challenging, but achievable.

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate the culture. Continue to invest in training and developing your people.

MorganFranklin Consulting2018-02-09

"Quality focus on client and employee experience"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people work here, and they have a lot to teach others. The work is challenging and there are excellent opportunities for advancement. We have great clients, so the work is enjoyable because of having good clients. Management listens and cares about employees. Because it is a smaller company, there is a lot of flexibility.

Cons

Because it is a smaller company, there are things you might find at a large company that don't exist here. For example, my previous employer has an upward feedback system that provided employees an opportunity to evaluate their supervisors. That doesn't exist at MorganFranklin. However, the company is very open to changes.

MorganFranklin Consulting2013-02-13
  5. "MorganFranklin Review"

Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Great colleagues and very collegial environment

Cons

Timeline for promotions is annual. Compensation is not always in line with market.

MorganFranklin Consulting2012-03-20