MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated 2 Jul 2020

4.2
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
  1. "Consultant"

Consultant in Germantown, MD

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

I don't have cons for now.

December 27, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am so happy you have found MFC to be a great place to work. I encourage you to keep giving us feedback through the many avenues we offer during your tenure. An employee's wants and needs can change over time, and we are a nimble and forward-thinking enough company to pay attention to individual needs and flex to our employees. Help us stay on track for you by continuing to communicate with us and taking the initiative to stay connected. We look forward to your ongoing contributions, and to ensuring you continue to have a great employee experience.

2. "Overall good place to work"

Project Manager in McLean, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, excellent clients, nice work life balance.

Cons

Undergoing internal transformation/ senior management change with all the unpleasantness that this processes usually entail.

August 7, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't agree more that our employees and clients are great, and we are glad that you are taking advantage of our core hours/flex policy—these are some of the things that make MorganFranklin a different and wonderful place to work! We did initiate some internal changes in our organization last fall—being nimble enough to evolve our organization appropriately is an important part of staying healthy and growing. While change is not always embraced with open arms and the short-term ripples can sometimes be challenging, we know that the changes have had a positive impact on the mid- and long-term success of MorganFranklin. We are committed to communicating and being as transparent as possible to our employees. While we utilize a variety of communication vehicles—our Owners’ Quarterly Update meetings, direct communications from leadership, our employee engagement group, our monthly employee newsletter, team and solution meetings, among others—we are always looking for new and better ways to communicate. Additionally, we always encourage our employees to make the most of our open door policy and seek conversation with leadership and/or HR as desired. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so glad you are a part of our family, and we look forward to ensuring that you continue to have a great employee experience!

3. "MorganFranklin"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best consulting firm I've ever worked for. Management, coworkers, and all staff are respectful of each other. You will not get a better environment to develop and be apart of a company that is not only great but inspires you to come to work every day :-)

Cons

I no longer work there but would jump at the opportunity if our paths cross again :-)

September 14, 2016Chief HR Officer

We are so glad to hear that you were happy with your MFC experience. Providing our employees with a respectful and inclusive culture is very important to us. We are fortunate to attract, recruit and retain outstanding performers who develop and inspire their peers and teams. And leadership will continue to listen and engage our employees in making the firm even better. Great talent, engaged employees, and leadership that cares, paired with MFC’s impressive portfolio of clients in the public, growth and enterprise markets--this is a powerful combination that ensures we are one of the best places to work within the consulting industry. Thank you for being a positive contributor during your tenure. We wish you all the best. We consider all of our staff as employees for life, and we look forward to our paths crossing again.

4. "Great Place to Work"

in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Exposure, breadth, depth, small and nimble.

Cons

Compensation could improve, nothing else comes to mind.

December 23, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your review. We are dedicated to staying close to the market to ensure we are compensating our employees well in support of our talent attraction and retention goals. We are also a pay-for-performance culture, so we look forward to rewarding you for excellence. Don't forget to take advantage of our unique Sales Generation Incentive Bonus plan, our generous Employee Referral Bonus plan and our ICP Bonus plan--we give our employees many avenues to impact their compensation. If you have any questions or concerns about your compensation, please talk to your Director/MD, and come to HR. We value open dialog and will do all we can to help you achieve your compensation goals.

5. "Up and Coming Company Perfect for MBA's Interested in Consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Fully employee owned 2. Good opportunity in non-federal space including financial services, consumer products, industrial, and retail. 3. Employees are empowered to own their own career and take on new and interesting tasks 4. Technology available to employees is top notch and fully integrated across platforms

Cons

1. Somewhat of a rushed orientation that led to information overload amongst myself and other new hires 2. Training will be mostly on the job as opposed to more formalized at Big 4

August 8, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to be an employee-owned company, a rarity in the consulting industry. Plus we still offer a rich benefits program including 401(k) and match. We do appreciate the feedback about day 1 of orientation--it is robust and serves to set our new hires up for success immediately; but we will definitely take a look at ways to better mitigate the risk of information overload. Our own your own career approach to career development and advancement contributes to our entrepreneurial, employee-centric culture. Our goal is to attract, recruit and retain the best talent across all job levels to form highly skilled and qualified teams. While we offer internal and external training courses for continuous learning, we hire the proven talent to build powerful teams and we believe in the power of doing--our skilled consultants collaborate with the best and brightest team members to deliver real business solutions that solve complex problems for our clients. There isn’t a better development environment than that, and we are privileged to witness this successful model at work every day. We are thrilled to have you as part of our team, and look forward to your contributions.

6. "Consultant"

1.0

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work life balance

Cons

Bad management, bad pay

August 8, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your comments. As owners of the company, our employees are provided with several vehicles to share regular feedback and impact the operations and culture of the business, including the Employee Engagement Committee, HR outreaches, regular Town Hall meetings, ESOP Idea Sessions and the mentoring program. MorganFranklin Consulting embraces a pay-for-performance philosophy. Our goal is to provide our employees with a market-competitive base salary and to reward top performers with market-leading incentives. We use robust market data to guide every offer of employment and we review our existing employees’ compensation annually to ensure our team members are compensated equitably and competitively. Management collaborates closely with HR and together we listen, ask questions, facilitate discussions and take the necessary actions to continuously enhance our management structure, our culture and the employee experience in order to continue to be a high performing, successful organization. We wish you the best in your future professional endeavors.

"A Company on the Up and Up"

Current Employee - Consultant in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, working here will see you progress quickly.

Cons

Due to the quick growth in the company and the nature of the industry, be prepared to take on roles that are not aligned with your skillset

June 10, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thanks for submitting a review. The entrepreneurial spirit of our culture is an important part of MorganFranklin Consulting. Gaining on the job exposure to new skills, experiences and projects is an aspect of MFC that our our employees value greatly. But not every situation is the same and as a smaller firm, we are able to be agile and flexible in response to our employees' individual needs. So be sure to talk to your management team and HR to ensure you are thriving and growing, rather than feeling overwhelmed. We can connect you to training, coaching and mentoring, or we might reassign you to a new project that is a better fit. We are an employee-owned firm and you are empowered to act like an owner. One way to do so is by taking charge of your professional development and your career. We look forward to helping you succeed and grow your career.

8. "Senior Manager, Technology Risk & Compliance"

Senior Manager in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for more than a year

Pros

Ability to be considered a valued member and be involved in business decisions.

Cons

Continue to keep employees involved and engaged.

June 10, 2016Chief HR Officer

We are so pleased you are enjoying your experience at MFC, and that you are getting involved in business decisions. As an employee-owned firm, we encourage our employees to be an active voice in the evolution of our growing business. That includes career growth and advancement, as well as helping us better the firm for employees and for our clients. We will definitely continue to keep employees involved, and we look forward to your continued energies and inputs.

"Great choice for former Big 4!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have more work/life balance now than I did when I was a Big 4 auditor. There is also a good variety of projects, as opposed to doing basically the same thing every year. Management keeps the employees informed and reaches out for their input, for example on some decisions around the recent move to a new office.

Cons

There are limited learning opportunities for entry-level staff. Because we are mostly at client sites, there is not really a cohesive culture. We are also divided along solution lines, with each solution having its own practices and environment.

May 16, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your review! We are pleased that you know our management team cares about your feedback. We are able to make better, more impactful business decisions with our employee’s input. As an example, we’ve listened to our employees' request for more training opportunities. The company has invested heavily in our learning and development program over the past year. Our business leaders and HR are working closely to develop customized training solutions for all staff, including our less experienced team members. We understand that your presence at the client site is required to provide best-in-class delivery and it can sometimes be challenging to feel connected at the MFC office. In response, we offer so many events to connect employees with leadership and peers within Solutions and across the firm, and many corporate avenues for you to get involved, from our Employee Engagement Committee to our Diversity & Inclusion Initiative to our Veterans Initiative to CSR events to MFC Soccer and Basketball teams--the list goes on. Have you reached out to HR for some guidance? We would be so pleased to connect you to with a group or event in line with your interests and aspirations. We also hope you make the most of our open door policy–a strong relationship with your MD, other leaders and HR is critical to helping us ensure you continue to have a rewarding employee experience. We are happy to have you as part of our team.

10. "Great Next Step!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to continue growing your career. MFC provides you with the opportunities and support to personally define your career. Many of the perks of a big four firm but with a more personal working environment.

Cons

Smaller company, so it doesn't have as many of the engagement opportunities as a big four, but still has a breadth of opportunities that would allow you to grow and develop.

June 10, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Our culture is defined by our creative, adaptive and nimble approach to client service and the employee experience. Our employees are professionals with backgrounds in government, Big Four accounting and global consulting who joined MFC to make an impact in an entrepreneurial culture with the support of a larger firm. I am so glad that you are experiencing our "Own Your Career" culture and the personalized approach available here. Please take advantage of the resources we offer via HR as well as via your management team to attain the opportunities and feedback you desire to continue to grow your career. Our leadership is not only committed to offering our employees large company benefits and perks, but we offer additional ways to care for our employees. One major differentiator is that we are a 100% employee-owned firm. This means that our employees have a personal stake in MFC and can have direct impact on the value of their stake. We do have many opportunities to challenge and grow our employees with top notch projects. Our client list is impressive and our project teams are made up of experienced talent and are often representative of all of our solution groups, providing the opportunity for on-the-job, cross-solution learning and knowledge transfer. In addition to invaluable on-the-job experience, please take advantage of our Learning & Development program and our mentoring opportunities. Stop by HR to discuss your development needs. We have a variety of resources for you to leverage, and we look forward to helping you map out a plan to reach your goals.

Found 114 reviews