MorganFranklin Consulting Senior Consultant Reviews

Updated 29 May 2020

4.4
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
  1. "Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay , benefits , clear instructions from management, they care for their employees

Cons

I have no complaints.Only that I wish they could have some more projects in pipeline

June 2, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying the culture here at MFC—it’s one of our key differentiators! Our Recruiting team works hard to ensure a positive experience throughout the interview and hiring process, with a smooth handoff to HR for a successful on-boarding experience. The COVID crisis is challenging for us all and we know spending time on the bench can be frustrating. I do encourage you to review our Bench Guide for tips and tricks for making the most out of your time. In addition, while on the bench you can continue to take advantage of our core hours policy, allowing for flexible scheduling. Please continue to keep us posted on your experience over time, and take advantage of our open door policy to share your ideas to make us even better. We're happy to have you as part of the MFC team!

2. "Overall great place"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great recruiting experience. Top-tier management team. Excellent corporate culture.

Cons

The amount of time spent on the bench can be frustrating during slow periods.

3. "Good company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

I believe they have competitive benefits.

Cons

I found the requirements to advance your career very confusing.

September 5, 2019HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback, and will look at our career processes for opportunities for improvement. Our goal is to ensure all employees understand their career opportunities, and are supported in reaching them. We ask our Coaches to help employees navigate their career paths, using the tools and guidance the firms provides. And we foster an "Own Your Career" culture so that employees feel empowered to be proactive in their career management. We have also been increasingly focused on the development of our employees, encouraging them to take advantage of both internal and external training and development opportunities. We regret that you did not come speak with us if you were confused, and wish we had had the opportunity to provide greater support to you. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

MorganFranklin is a great place to work because they always put people first. I feel valued as an employee because I (like everyone else) am put on projects where I will grow as a person and a consultant. I also feel that we have provided value to our clients through strong teamwork.

Cons

As with most consulting companies, the travel can be difficult at first but MorganFranklin does a good job of balancing work and life. We have many local clients that serve as a nice break from the out of state travel that can be tiring.

June 30, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so delighted that you have gained valuable career experience that has helped you develop both personally and professionally. While professional services/consulting is a client service business which often requires our consultants to go where the client is located, work-life balance is important to MorganFranklin. Our impressive portfolio of clients in the public, growth, non-profit and enterprise markets ensures we are often able to offer balance to our employees while engaging them in exciting and challenging work. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

"Just another consulting firm"

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place for a young person to start a career.

Cons

You can easily stagnate jumping from one contract to another. Not a place I ever intended to stay and retire in.

July 26, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your honest feedback. While we agree that MorganFranklin is a great place for a professional to start his or her career, one of our key strengths is our experienced project teams, staffed mostly with mid-career and senior talent. This delivers incredible value to our clients, and an amazing training ground for employees earlier in their careers. We hire the best and brightest professionals who come from top-tier accounting and consulting firms, industry and government--we truly have a diverse pool of top talent. We attract this talent by being a less hierarchical, more entrepreneurial, and nimble and agile company, which we view as key differentiators in the marketplace. Our remarkable portfolio expands beyond clients in the federal space, and broadly includes clients in the enterprise, growth and non-profit markets as well. This diversified client base provides our employees the opportunity to showcase their extensive abilities and gain exposure to new skills and experience. We offer a variety of avenues for our employees to convey their career aspirations to us, and we go to great lengths to help them be realized. We recognize the current workforce tends to be more mobile than in the past, so our goal is to optimize our relationship during our time together by providing opportunity, experience and a great working environment to our employees while allowing them to grow and be impactful for our clients. Whether an employee works for us for two years or twelve years, we consider each one an employee for life and look forward to our paths crossing again in the future. Best of luck to you.

"Very high attrition rate"

2.0

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, nice building and facilities.

Cons

Very top-heavy (the amount of senior managers is ridiculous), little to no lower-level staff, limited pipeline, everyone seems to be looking for a way to get out, so you never know if your superiors or colleagues will still be with the firm tomorrow. High attrition rate. Lots of behind the door gossip among top leadership.

August 15, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy our new facilities--we put a lot of thought into designing a space that encourages collaboration among our employees. It seems as though you are unfamiliar with our resource model--we are not triangle-shaped like many larger firms, which hire heavily off campus and build teams with many consultants and fewer experienced staff. We are a diamond-shaped model--we hire mostly mid-career and up talent. This allows us to build experienced teams to provide a high level of expertise to our clients. Our Senior Managers are some of the best in the business and are incredibly hands-on. This creates an unparalleled learning opportunity for our more junior staff, and delivers top quality and innovative solutions to the complex challenges of our clients. We did a small restructure last fall to prime the business for continued growth, and this did cause some attrition, as these types of changes typically do. It was the right decision to keep the company healthy for the employees at large, and our attrition rate has since returned to normal. We were privileged to be led by C.E. Andrews during his tenure, and we are now benefiting from the vision of his esteemed successor, Chris Mann. No matter the size of the organization, the Managing Partner/CEO creates a strong company culture and lays the foundation that enables all other parts of the company and employees to grow and succeed. We appreciate your contributions to our growing organization during your tenure and wish you all the best in your future professional endeavors.

7. "Great hiring experience!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

My hiring experience with MorganFranklin has been the best one I've had with a company yet. The recruiter, Sara McGovern, was constantly in contact with me throughout the whole process. She constantly kept me in the loop of where my application was, and what the next steps were. Also, the Skype interview process was incredible!

Cons

I have not experience anything negative.

April 2, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback! We agree the hiring experience is an important look inside a company. It is critical that what our recruiters sell to a candidate is what that new hire experiences as an employee owner. The hands-on, thorough, caring approach that Sara demonstrated is a terrific example not only of an outstanding recruiter/process, but of MFC's culture as well. Thanks for noticing, and taking the time to recognize Sara. We are glad to have you on the team!

"Company's future not looking good."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, work life balance and office.

Cons

Poor leadership and unstable work environment. A lot of lay offs in the recent months.

April 2, 2017Chief HR Officer

After so many years of growth in a row, 2016 was a slower than expected year. Leadership took some decisive actions late summer to rightsize and protect the ESOP. Although we sincerely regretted the impact on a very small number of employees (the worst part of a leader's job), it was the fiscally responsible thing to do. The Company quickly rebounded and Q1 was the strongest we have seen in a few years. It takes courage to make hard calls for the greater good, and MFC earned the respect of many of its employees in its handling of a challenging time. We are bullish on 2017, and enter into Q2 with a great team, bottom to top.

9. "MorganFranklin"

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best consulting firm I've ever worked for. Management, coworkers, and all staff are respectful of each other. You will not get a better environment to develop and be apart of a company that is not only great but inspires you to come to work every day :-)

Cons

I no longer work there but would jump at the opportunity if our paths cross again :-)

September 14, 2016Chief HR Officer

We are so glad to hear that you were happy with your MFC experience. Providing our employees with a respectful and inclusive culture is very important to us. We are fortunate to attract, recruit and retain outstanding performers who develop and inspire their peers and teams. And leadership will continue to listen and engage our employees in making the firm even better. Great talent, engaged employees, and leadership that cares, paired with MFC’s impressive portfolio of clients in the public, growth and enterprise markets--this is a powerful combination that ensures we are one of the best places to work within the consulting industry. Thank you for being a positive contributor during your tenure. We wish you all the best. We consider all of our staff as employees for life, and we look forward to our paths crossing again.

10. "Up and Coming Company Perfect for MBA's Interested in Consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Fully employee owned 2. Good opportunity in non-federal space including financial services, consumer products, industrial, and retail. 3. Employees are empowered to own their own career and take on new and interesting tasks 4. Technology available to employees is top notch and fully integrated across platforms

Cons

1. Somewhat of a rushed orientation that led to information overload amongst myself and other new hires 2. Training will be mostly on the job as opposed to more formalized at Big 4

August 8, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to be an employee-owned company, a rarity in the consulting industry. Plus we still offer a rich benefits program including 401(k) and match. We do appreciate the feedback about day 1 of orientation--it is robust and serves to set our new hires up for success immediately; but we will definitely take a look at ways to better mitigate the risk of information overload. Our own your own career approach to career development and advancement contributes to our entrepreneurial, employee-centric culture. Our goal is to attract, recruit and retain the best talent across all job levels to form highly skilled and qualified teams. While we offer internal and external training courses for continuous learning, we hire the proven talent to build powerful teams and we believe in the power of doing--our skilled consultants collaborate with the best and brightest team members to deliver real business solutions that solve complex problems for our clients. There isn’t a better development environment than that, and we are privileged to witness this successful model at work every day. We are thrilled to have you as part of our team, and look forward to your contributions.

Found 19 reviews