MorganFranklin Consulting Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 9 May 2018

4.3
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here(in 14 reviews)

• "Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support(in 6 reviews)

• "MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Manager, Strategy and Transformation in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/Life balance, Competitive Salary, Great People, A lot of visibility to C-Suite/Executive Management, Great Clients, Manage your career

Cons

Need more huddle rooms in headquarters

November 26, 2018Chief HR Officer

We hear you! We are currently implementing Skype systems in 6 new rooms to help meet the needs of our employees. And remember, every MD and Director office has a "clean desk" policy, which means employees are free to use them as phone rooms when vacant. Thanks for your feedback!

2. "Consultant"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the projects you are on are difficult but that's just the nature of the game

April 2, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the great review. One of MFC's greatest strengths is the diversity of talent within our walls--the best and brightest from top tier consulting, accounting, industry and government come to us to experience something different. This convergence of talent creates a singular environment, and a level of expertise on projects that is a significant differentiator for our clients, and for the employee experience. We win work at amazing clients with exciting, challenging problems to solve and our teams are exceptionally good at delivering outstanding results. We are so glad you are part of our amazing team!

3. "Great Company to build upon client service background."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, and everyone brings a variety of useful skill sets that are an advantage on any client engagement. Hard work, but I can honestly say that I have learned and grown as a Senior Consultant. They truly prepare you for advancement, and if you take the initiative to put in the time and effort, your hard work will pay off with employee advancement. At least, I hope so as I hope be offered a promotion in the future.

Cons

Not enough Training and other documentation. Also with the amount of hours work thoughout the year they have a very weak holiday and PTO.

March 30, 2015Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your contributions to our company. We are pleased that you feel you have gained valuable career experience that has helped you develop as a Senior Consultant. As you may know, our Employee Engagement Committee (EEC), a representative body for employee interests, surveyed our employee base in 2014. The results indicated that other employees are also interested in additional training and modifications to the performance management process. The EEC presented the survey results directly to executive leadership, and the feedback was welcomed. We have been actively engaged in enhancing our performance management program, we have already received positive feedback on changes we have already implemented, and we are excited about the next phase of enhancements. MFC offers a very competitive PTO and holiday policy. We benchmark ourselves against the market every year. Unlike many companies, we haven’t cut our benefits and in fact we add to them every year. While companies are rarely apples to apples in all of their benefits, we feel very proud of our total rewards package and offerings. There are several ways to take advantage of our learning and development tools and resources. We host a wide variety of CPE-eligible internal trainings throughout the year, and we are expanding these opportunities even further in 2015. Employees also have 24/7 access to our eLearning tool, which offers hundreds of courses to further enhance professional skills. In addition, we encourage you to explore our external training and education reimbursement program. If you are not taking advantage of your development opportunities, we urge you to come speak to HR so that we can help ensure your ongoing development. One of MFC’s strengths is its open door policy, and the hands-on career development support you can seek from HR and management.

4. "What you need to succeed"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

SY Consultant. MFC delivers on what they promise to potential new employees - culture and great people. Vast array of projects to gain great experiences. Above market benefits. Go small, less bureaucracy. Outlook looks promising.

Cons

Depending on project, may work substantial hours. This is to be expected for any consulting environment.

March 30, 2015Chief HR Officer

We appreciate your positive feedback. Your advice to managment is spot on, and we will keep doing exactly that! If you have other ideas, HR's door is open!

"Good place to work short term"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Great people and competitive salary

Cons

Client work in many cases is just ok. Client base is respectable however projects are often mismanaged and staff aren't aligned to where they can be most successful.

"Size matters"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people - Dynamic atmosphere - Early responsibility - Engaged Leadership - Expanding client list - Extensive room for growth - Ability to own your career

Cons

- If you are a wallflower do not look here. MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers. You set the compass heading. You are the determinant of your own path. - Base pay is lower than most and promotion is the primary way you get increases. Moreover, they pack a lot of punch into their incentive system. This is a boon for some and a bust for others.

Continue reading

"Quality focus on client and employee experience"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people work here, and they have a lot to teach others. The work is challenging and there are excellent opportunities for advancement. We have great clients, so the work is enjoyable because of having good clients. Management listens and cares about employees. Because it is a smaller company, there is a lot of flexibility.

Cons

Because it is a smaller company, there are things you might find at a large company that don't exist here. For example, my previous employer has an upward feedback system that provided employees an opportunity to evaluate their supervisors. That doesn't exist at MorganFranklin. However, the company is very open to changes.

8. "Great to work with"

Current Employee - Communications Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary, great people to work with and awesome hiring experience.

Cons

Not many cons here that I have noticed.

9. "The MFC Experience"

in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Great people to work with. Great projects to work on. Great clients to work for. The sky is the limit for this company.

Cons

Inexperience at mid-senior level management leads to frustration with the staff and results in high turn over rates on projects and within the company.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews