MorganFranklin Consulting Employee Reviews about "mfc"

Updated 17 Jul 2019

4.3
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here(in 14 reviews)

• "Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support(in 6 reviews)

• "MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "mfc"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

A consulting firm that truly values its people and culture. I have worked at other consulting firms where leaderships motivates by fear and intimidation. This is NOT the case at MFC. Employees have a say in the types of projects they work on and there is no pressure to take on work not suited for one's skill set.

Cons

Pay is slightly below average.

July 22, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying the culture here at MFC—it’s one of our key differentiators! We are dedicated to staying close to the market to ensure we offer competitive compensation and premium benefits. We do have a pay-for-performance culture, so be sure you are taking full advantage of the various ways to increase your compensation. I encourage you to review the Compensation portal page, and also reach out HR with any specific or questions about your total rewards package. Our goal is to ensure you are well and fairly paid, feel recognized and valued, and continue to enjoy your experience at MorganFranklin.

"Entrepreneurial organization that provides great growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture-- MFC has a positive, collaborative culture. The firm is comprised of smart, talented people who take pride in delivering quality work. People here care about each other, the work we do and the clients we impact. It isn't perfect, but in the years I've been here, I've always felt appreciated for the work that I do, valued for my ideas and contributions and a real sense of being part of a team, working toward a common goal. Clients- the firm has a diverse client base that includes premium brands as well as smaller, fast-growing organizations across a broad range of industries. Especially impressive when you consider the size of the organization. Not a lot of firms this size can boast a client roster of this caliber. The "Creature Comforts" are great-- technology that make communication and collaboration effective even when you're traveling. Beautiful corporate HQ with nice amenities. Benefits are excellent. Compensation is fair and I feel like I've been rewarded and recognized, especially in years when I've exceeded expectations. The bar here is high, but that's motivating for me. Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here. It's professional services, so if you have experience in this industry, you know it's demanding and that there can be long hours and tight deadlines. Expectations are high, but manageable. People (including leadership) treat each other as people, everyone knows you have a life outside of work and responsibilities to manage. I've always been given the latitude I need to take care of things at home, but I work hard (and sometimes long hours) to deliver results.

Cons

Clients are nationwide, so travel is likely, especially for our commercial consultants. Professional services is a demanding industry and finding balance can be challenging, but achievable.

December 14, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful and appreciative comments. We agree it is critical to continue to intentionally manage and protect our culture, and we are increasing our focus on and budget for training and development. Our incredibly talented employees deserve our investment, and our clients benefit as well. We were honored to be named Consulting Magazine's 2018 #1 Best Small Consulting Firm to Work For, and will work hard to continue to deserve this title. HR's door is open to your ideas and feedback.

3. "Great Next Step!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to continue growing your career. MFC provides you with the opportunities and support to personally define your career. Many of the perks of a big four firm but with a more personal working environment.

Cons

Smaller company, so it doesn't have as many of the engagement opportunities as a big four, but still has a breadth of opportunities that would allow you to grow and develop.

June 10, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Our culture is defined by our creative, adaptive and nimble approach to client service and the employee experience. Our employees are professionals with backgrounds in government, Big Four accounting and global consulting who joined MFC to make an impact in an entrepreneurial culture with the support of a larger firm. I am so glad that you are experiencing our "Own Your Career" culture and the personalized approach available here. Please take advantage of the resources we offer via HR as well as via your management team to attain the opportunities and feedback you desire to continue to grow your career. Our leadership is not only committed to offering our employees large company benefits and perks, but we offer additional ways to care for our employees. One major differentiator is that we are a 100% employee-owned firm. This means that our employees have a personal stake in MFC and can have direct impact on the value of their stake. We do have many opportunities to challenge and grow our employees with top notch projects. Our client list is impressive and our project teams are made up of experienced talent and are often representative of all of our solution groups, providing the opportunity for on-the-job, cross-solution learning and knowledge transfer. In addition to invaluable on-the-job experience, please take advantage of our Learning & Development program and our mentoring opportunities. Stop by HR to discuss your development needs. We have a variety of resources for you to leverage, and we look forward to helping you map out a plan to reach your goals.

4. "Moved on from Big 4, and Haven't Looked Back Since"

Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for less than a year

Pros

The quality, depth, and genuineness of the people I work and interact with. There is a unique quality and culture about MFC that is driven by a type of "roll up your sleeves" mentality. People just get it, and they get to work. This is true and extends all the way up to the Director (and sometimes MD) level.

Cons

The normal growing pains (i.e., minimalist learning infrastructure, expanding IT framework, and very manual HR tools) that is typically experienced by rapidly growing companies.

October 30, 2015Chief HR Officer

We appreciate your feedback, and are committed to continuing to evolve the company in the ways you mention--creating a robust L&D program, implementing cutting edge technologies and tools, and hiring top talent that wants the unique, hands-on, high impact, high value, high growth environment MorganFranklin Consulting has to offer its employees and its clients. The pros and advice that you outline suggest that you are a great fit for us, and we look forward to your contributions. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"Great company and even better people!"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The top five pros of MFC: the company values, the culture, the corporate staff, benefits (health/wellness and retirement), and the firm's outlook. 1) Business operations are always managed with the best intentions. The company is deeply pro-employee and always considering how their actions will impact their people. The company is highly ethical, fair, and flexible. When change has to happen, they do a great job at managing it--any experienced professional will recognize thier top-notch efforts. 2) MFC has a really unique entrepreneurial culture. The firm does a great job at empowering employees to be part of each success. They heavily incentivize all of the right qualities: exceptional client service, participation in business growth/development, and thought leadership. 3) The recruiting and HR teams are top-notch. They have all the sophistication of the most elite firms in the world, but they possess customer service and attention to detail qualities that are only found in small organizations. The HR professionals are true employee advocates and they respectfully maintain a strong business partners position as well. Employees are lucky to have such helpful and responsive support teams! 4) MFC's benefits dramatically exceed industry averages. The health/wellness benefits are made very affordable for the employee because the company pays upwards of 80% of the monthly premiums. The 401k plan has no vesting period and a very competitive real-time employer match! Industry average seems to be 3-4 years vesting and many Big 4 firms (including my current employer) are moving to annual employer match where you must be an active employee at the time of the deposit potentially leaving you without thousands of dollars! When considering MFC's offer--don't forget to think of the wealthy benefits: total compensation and rewards. 5) I left MFC for a unique opportunity to expand on a skillset that MFC doesn't focus on; however, if I could have done this same role internally, I would never have left. I truly believe in MFC and the future outlook for the firm. The current CEO has great experience and impressive goals for where he plans to lead the firm. I look forward to following their successes and if this new path doesn't work out or begins to stall, I would welcome the opportunity to rejoin the MFC team. Bottom line...you would be lucky to be part of MFC!

Cons

MFC gives their employees a lot of choices about their own growth and development. The firm does a good job at providing options/career paths, but it’s up to you to take the ball and run with it...to "own your career." Although this demonstrates the firm's respect for their employees, it isn't a culture that will work for everyone. You will have to take advantage of the firm's open door policy to regularly communicate your personal goals/aspirations, you have to be open-minded about feedback, and you have to actively manage your own brand. Although this is not just MFC specific, success doesn't come over night, so patience and persistence are two qualities you must possess if you want to take advantage of MFC's unique growth and development opportunities.

Continue reading
  6. "What you need to succeed"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

SY Consultant. MFC delivers on what they promise to potential new employees - culture and great people. Vast array of projects to gain great experiences. Above market benefits. Go small, less bureaucracy. Outlook looks promising.

Cons

Depending on project, may work substantial hours. This is to be expected for any consulting environment.

March 30, 2015Chief HR Officer

We appreciate your positive feedback. Your advice to managment is spot on, and we will keep doing exactly that! If you have other ideas, HR's door is open!

"Size matters"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people - Dynamic atmosphere - Early responsibility - Engaged Leadership - Expanding client list - Extensive room for growth - Ability to own your career

Cons

- If you are a wallflower do not look here. MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers. You set the compass heading. You are the determinant of your own path. - Base pay is lower than most and promotion is the primary way you get increases. Moreover, they pack a lot of punch into their incentive system. This is a boon for some and a bust for others.

Continue reading
  8. "MFC was highly recommended to me, and I will pay that forward to you"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

To start, the company and position came to me highly recommended from various business and personal contacts. That, to me, was already a positive sign that I was heading in the right direction by pursuing a position here. The entrepreneurial culture of the firm is evident in that there are a ton of big 4 alum here so a lot of us are cut from the same cloth and have been there/done that with being a small fish in a big ocean. Not the case here. People are highly encouraged to ask to be assigned to new projects and dip their hands in various initiatives across the firm. The advantage of a firm this size is that you can essentially know everyone here to some degree and get exposure to levels of talent you wouldn't at a larger firm. The people here are genuinely happy to be here and the office vibe is pleasant. People work hard, but they also value family as is evident with the work-life balance. The firm also goes out of the way to make new people feel welcome. There are ample opportunities to meet members of firm leadership whether at Happy Hours or other firm sponsored events. I look forward to recruiting buddies from my past employer to come on board here and join the MFC team.

Cons

None yet. So far so good.

July 15, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I am so pleased that you are having a great experience at MFC so far. Successful onboarding is critical to happiness at a new employer, so please let me or your MD know if we can help you in any way as you get acclimated. Our one week, and one, two, and three month new hire touch bases, along with other year-one activities, should help ensure you continue to be happy and successful at MFC. We look forward to your unique contributions as a bigger fish in a smaller pond. We also look forward to you referring talented candidates to MFC--this is a great way to positively influence the workplace while increasing your compensation through our generous referral bonus program! Thanks again, and welcome to MFC!

"My experience at MorganFranklin has been very positive."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Small company atmosphere with many opportunities for communication to Executives.

Cons

I do see a change evolving over the past 1/2 year that is impacting employee morale very negatively. Many people who joined the firm were told that an advantage of MFC was less travel. Not so true anymore. So..HR change your pitch please. Also, the talent is limited in numbers therefore employees who are sold as full-time are really working on multiple clients. Not truthful and not exceeding client expectations.

Continue reading

"Scope Creep + Unqualified People on Projects = High Risk"

2.0

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

The pay is decent and MFC reimburses your expenses quickly. This is a 250+ size company, so you get to coordinate and interact with management regularly on projects.

Cons

The "management" structure is essentially sales. They care more about signing deals than actually delivering results to customers. It's not unusual for management to assign you to a project where you have ZERO experience doing; it's all about how they pitch it to the client. You end up with a project manager (equally inexperienced) and other unqualified consultants/associates operating haphazardly without a well-thought out plan.

Found 13 reviews