MorganFranklin Consulting Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 8 Aug 2018

4.3
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here(in 14 reviews)

• "Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support(in 6 reviews)

• "MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

After years of stagnation, the company appears to be scaling. The question remains, at what cost?

Cons

There are too many managing directors that appear to have inherent biases against employees or prospective employees who are not from the east coast. Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support. Once an employee is hired they are on their own. It appears the company is more interested in making the next dollar than trying to secures a long-term quality client, and retain the best and brightest employee. Many of the managing directors and executive directors treat their highly-skilled, professional consultants as if they were their personal administrative assistants.

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

October 1, 2018Manager, HR Business Partner

We appreciate your feedback and regret that as a Director in our firm, you are expressing an experience so different from your peers. We encourage you to reach out to your leadership or HR to give us a chance to correct your facts, right any misunderstandings, and move forward in a positive way. Here are a few things you may not know, but would certainly celebrate: - We were just named Consulting Magazine’s 2018 #1 Best Small Consulting Firm to Work For. This is an annual ranking based on 10,000 consultants from over 300 firms participating in employee surveys that measure the satisfaction with their employer around Culture, Career Development, Work/Life Balance, Client Engagement, and Firm Leadership. - We have a robust onboarding experience to ensure our employees start off on the right foot, maximize their understanding of their roles and responsibilities, and help them quickly engage with the firm and our unique culture. We have regular check-ins within employees’ first year of employment to ensure they have successfully assimilated to the team and MFC, a monthly coaching model that helps our employees connect, excel and grow, and an outreach program that drives connectedness for our remote employees as we expand our footprint nationally. - We are continuously growing our robust list of premier clients which translates into outstanding opportunities for our employees to showcase their talent and deliver astounding results. We continually assess our organization structure to position ourselves to achieve maximum productivity. Our MD Headcount is appropriate for a consulting company of our size and we have enjoyed double-digit growth every year. We pride ourselves on a structure that allows us to be agile and respond to our growing customer base. Please take advantage of our open-door policy to share your thoughts and feedback directly with us so that we can ensure your experience here is a rewarding one.

"Horrible upper management"

1.0

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Some of the individuals were great but a majority have since left too.

Cons

Upper management only cares about themselves. Only get promoted if you are in the inner circle other than that there is no chance for you.

"Most times exhausting, sometimes laidback due to lack of process"

Manager

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

there arent as many rules at you would find in a big 4 company, so making it from associate to senior is a breeze as the HR review process is really non-existent and its no skin-off a MD's back to give you a 5k raise. sometimes the lack of procedure is great. we dont have a good system of doing reviews or anything you would expect from a large, established company. So its great if you dont like administrative paperwork. people like the CEO.

Cons

this company, much like others in the area sell work to clients that they have a complete inability to perform on the actual project. people are proposed on projects because they are living and breathing and not on another job. it is the job of upper management to damage control rather than to actually help clients push forward. the less than 15% of MFC people that actually know what they are doing are relied upon to stop the 85% from ruining the reputation of the company. good luck if you are unbillable for a period of time. the people in charge of staffing will ensure you feel terrible about yourself and give you value added tasks such making copies or printing presentations and making you feel unsure if they will still keep you. imagine someone walking around the office and asking you everyday "what are you working on?" some key leaders will walk right past you and not acknowledge your existence. it doesnt matter if they interviewed you two weeks ago and your entire department is less than 10 people.

Continue reading

"decent company but middle management (sr. manager/director) are extremely incompetent"

Senior Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

-decent pay -decent benefits -well organized firm -very progressive -invest in thier employees if you ask -Excellent ownership / top leadership

Cons

-A few of the MDs are extremely incompetent (Most are very good however) -Sr. Manager level and Director levels are very weak -Upper management is blind to truly who performs best at client sites vs. those who do not -Promotions are blatently unfairly given and much nepotism -Many people there have extremely large egos and too large given MFC is only a regional firm (barely Tier III level consulting firm) -They are very cheap with raises, bonuses, etc.

Continue reading

"Your typical government body shop."

1.0

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Pay and benefits were fine

Cons

Upper management has more ego than skill and while they talk a lot about work-life balance and ethics, it's only talk. When it comes down to it they just want to line their pockets by exploiting both workers and customers. Unfortunately that's not uncommon in the government contractor space.

"Morgan Franklin Review"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Benefits were good, professional development funds were good, and the offices are very pretty.

Cons

A bit if sexism, not too terrible, but many people leave the company before their 2 year mark. Turn over is VERY high. Upper management hires their incompetent freinds, who would never be hired at that level ANYWHERE. They are paid well, but upper management is hired without having the right experience to lead teams. Their review policy is a joke. Most reviews given by managers are late and unsubstantiated is almost as if the managers are scared to give yearly reviews and are hoping that you'll forget about it and it will go away.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews