MorganFranklin Consulting Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 9 May 2018

4.3
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here(in 14 reviews)

• "Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support(in 6 reviews)

• "MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Manager, Strategy and Transformation in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/Life balance, Competitive Salary, Great People, A lot of visibility to C-Suite/Executive Management, Great Clients, Manage your career

Cons

Need more huddle rooms in headquarters

November 26, 2018Chief HR Officer

We hear you! We are currently implementing Skype systems in 6 new rooms to help meet the needs of our employees. And remember, every MD and Director office has a "clean desk" policy, which means employees are free to use them as phone rooms when vacant. Thanks for your feedback!

"Entrepreneurial organization that provides great growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture-- MFC has a positive, collaborative culture. The firm is comprised of smart, talented people who take pride in delivering quality work. People here care about each other, the work we do and the clients we impact. It isn't perfect, but in the years I've been here, I've always felt appreciated for the work that I do, valued for my ideas and contributions and a real sense of being part of a team, working toward a common goal. Clients- the firm has a diverse client base that includes premium brands as well as smaller, fast-growing organizations across a broad range of industries. Especially impressive when you consider the size of the organization. Not a lot of firms this size can boast a client roster of this caliber. The "Creature Comforts" are great-- technology that make communication and collaboration effective even when you're traveling. Beautiful corporate HQ with nice amenities. Benefits are excellent. Compensation is fair and I feel like I've been rewarded and recognized, especially in years when I've exceeded expectations. The bar here is high, but that's motivating for me. Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here. It's professional services, so if you have experience in this industry, you know it's demanding and that there can be long hours and tight deadlines. Expectations are high, but manageable. People (including leadership) treat each other as people, everyone knows you have a life outside of work and responsibilities to manage. I've always been given the latitude I need to take care of things at home, but I work hard (and sometimes long hours) to deliver results.

Cons

Clients are nationwide, so travel is likely, especially for our commercial consultants. Professional services is a demanding industry and finding balance can be challenging, but achievable.

December 14, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful and appreciative comments. We agree it is critical to continue to intentionally manage and protect our culture, and we are increasing our focus on and budget for training and development. Our incredibly talented employees deserve our investment, and our clients benefit as well. We were honored to be named Consulting Magazine's 2018 #1 Best Small Consulting Firm to Work For, and will work hard to continue to deserve this title. HR's door is open to your ideas and feedback.

3. "Great Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong Leadership, Positive culture, Great benefits, and High work/life balance

Cons

No cons to share, great company!

December 14, 2018HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your supportive comments.

4. "A really great place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Morgan Franklin for a couple of weeks and I'm really happy to be here. The company culture is great, employees in the HQ office are extremely helpful and efficient, emails get answered in minutes, IT tickets are done immediately, the payroll team is great, recruiting team is off the charts, the directors are approachable and fair... basically everyone here is hardworking, there is a lot of flexibility when it comes to work hours, so far a good work/life balance, managers and directors are there for you, you really end up feeling like a part of the team and a good team at that. There is really good potential to grow, there is a clear cut pathway which you can keep going upward and if you work hard and are dedicated there shouldn't be a reason not to excel.

Cons

Training schedule isn't set in place, you kind of have to learn as you go.

March 21, 2018Manager, HR Business Partner

Welcome to MFC and thanks for taking the time to share what you like about MFC and our people! It is great that you are taking advantage of our core hours, a benefit we’re happy to offer so our employees have the flexibility they need to balance personal needs and client work. You’re absolutely right about the potential to grow here and the ability to own your career contributes to one of the best aspects of MorganFranklin - the entrepreneurial culture. As for training support, we agree it is an essential part of your career and the Company’s future success. During onboarding, our training is designed to equip employees with the essentials they need to make a successful transition into MFC for the first few months, and to ensure they have a clear understanding of what is expected of them. Then, we fully encourage and support the ongoing professional growth of our employees. Yes, we have amazing on-the-job learning opportunities, but we also offer formal and informal training, and tuition and certification support to boost knowledge and skills in areas that directly relate to your role in the firm, benefit our clients and advance your career aspirations. We would rather customize the training support to each employee’s situation rather than force vanilla training upon all of our employees. All you have to do is review the options on our Learning & Development portal, and talk to your Coach about your development interests. And if you don’t get the results you seek, come to HR and we will facilitate. Please continue to keep us updated on your experience here at MFC, and thanks again for your feedback!

"Company's future not looking good."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, work life balance and office.

Cons

Poor leadership and unstable work environment. A lot of lay offs in the recent months.

April 2, 2017Chief HR Officer

After so many years of growth in a row, 2016 was a slower than expected year. Leadership took some decisive actions late summer to rightsize and protect the ESOP. Although we sincerely regretted the impact on a very small number of employees (the worst part of a leader's job), it was the fiscally responsible thing to do. The Company quickly rebounded and Q1 was the strongest we have seen in a few years. It takes courage to make hard calls for the greater good, and MFC earned the respect of many of its employees in its handling of a challenging time. We are bullish on 2017, and enter into Q2 with a great team, bottom to top.

6. "Senior"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Good company, benefits are good, work life balance

Cons

Limited educational resources for staff.

April 2, 2017Chief HR Officer

Please come to HR and let's discuss your needs. We find that those who come from large companies with very large, formal training resources don't always know how to get to training resources at a smaller company. But that doesn't mean they aren't there! MFC has been increasingly focused on employee development, and we are very supportive of those who wish to take advantage of in house or external training opportunities. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We look forward to helping you achieve your career aspirations!

7. "Overall good place to work"

4.0
    Project Manager in McLean, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, excellent clients, nice work life balance.

Cons

Undergoing internal transformation/ senior management change with all the unpleasantness that this processes usually entail.

August 7, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't agree more that our employees and clients are great, and we are glad that you are taking advantage of our core hours/flex policy—these are some of the things that make MorganFranklin a different and wonderful place to work! We did initiate some internal changes in our organization last fall—being nimble enough to evolve our organization appropriately is an important part of staying healthy and growing. While change is not always embraced with open arms and the short-term ripples can sometimes be challenging, we know that the changes have had a positive impact on the mid- and long-term success of MorganFranklin. We are committed to communicating and being as transparent as possible to our employees. While we utilize a variety of communication vehicles—our Owners’ Quarterly Update meetings, direct communications from leadership, our employee engagement group, our monthly employee newsletter, team and solution meetings, among others—we are always looking for new and better ways to communicate. Additionally, we always encourage our employees to make the most of our open door policy and seek conversation with leadership and/or HR as desired. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so glad you are a part of our family, and we look forward to ensuring that you continue to have a great employee experience!

8. "Consultant"

1.0

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work life balance

Cons

Bad management, bad pay

August 8, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your comments. As owners of the company, our employees are provided with several vehicles to share regular feedback and impact the operations and culture of the business, including the Employee Engagement Committee, HR outreaches, regular Town Hall meetings, ESOP Idea Sessions and the mentoring program. MorganFranklin Consulting embraces a pay-for-performance philosophy. Our goal is to provide our employees with a market-competitive base salary and to reward top performers with market-leading incentives. We use robust market data to guide every offer of employment and we review our existing employees’ compensation annually to ensure our team members are compensated equitably and competitively. Management collaborates closely with HR and together we listen, ask questions, facilitate discussions and take the necessary actions to continuously enhance our management structure, our culture and the employee experience in order to continue to be a high performing, successful organization. We wish you the best in your future professional endeavors.

"Great choice for former Big 4!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have more work/life balance now than I did when I was a Big 4 auditor. There is also a good variety of projects, as opposed to doing basically the same thing every year. Management keeps the employees informed and reaches out for their input, for example on some decisions around the recent move to a new office.

Cons

There are limited learning opportunities for entry-level staff. Because we are mostly at client sites, there is not really a cohesive culture. We are also divided along solution lines, with each solution having its own practices and environment.

May 16, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your review! We are pleased that you know our management team cares about your feedback. We are able to make better, more impactful business decisions with our employee’s input. As an example, we’ve listened to our employees' request for more training opportunities. The company has invested heavily in our learning and development program over the past year. Our business leaders and HR are working closely to develop customized training solutions for all staff, including our less experienced team members. We understand that your presence at the client site is required to provide best-in-class delivery and it can sometimes be challenging to feel connected at the MFC office. In response, we offer so many events to connect employees with leadership and peers within Solutions and across the firm, and many corporate avenues for you to get involved, from our Employee Engagement Committee to our Diversity & Inclusion Initiative to our Veterans Initiative to CSR events to MFC Soccer and Basketball teams--the list goes on. Have you reached out to HR for some guidance? We would be so pleased to connect you to with a group or event in line with your interests and aspirations. We also hope you make the most of our open door policy–a strong relationship with your MD, other leaders and HR is critical to helping us ensure you continue to have a rewarding employee experience. We are happy to have you as part of our team.

10. "My career opportunities have been both challenging and rewarding."

4.0
    Manager in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Work/life balance, clientele, culture, technology

Cons

Salary, administrative tasks, too many and too frequent reviews, significant delay obtaining review feedback

March 30, 2015Chief HR Officer

Thanks for providing positive feedback in so many areas. Give HR a call and we'll talk through some of your concerns. We are currently making enhancements to our performance management program, and we think you will like them!

Found 19 reviews