Morrison Living Reviews

Found 113 of over 116 reviews

3.4
Morrison Living CEO Scott MacLellan
Scott MacLellan
Pros
  • "So much room for growth, a lot of regional support(in 6 reviews)

• "People focused, high culinary standards, great benefits(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor work life balance at accounts(in 14 reviews)

• "Have to work long hours, many weekends and holidays(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

review headline

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

it allowed me to chill at home

Cons

not being able to chill at home in the future

Morrison Living Response

Hello and thank you for leaving us a review. Best of luck with your future endeavors!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

I worked under Compass Group

Sep 12, 2021 - Lead Cook
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind caring company take care of their employees and the guest

Cons

I have none, good job.

Morrison Living Response

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with Morrison Living, and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Corporations don't care

Sep 19, 2021 - Line Cook
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits for the most part

Cons

They don't care about retaining you as an employee

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The Good/The Bad/The Ugly

Sep 12, 2021 - Clinical Nutrition Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good if you are willing to negotiate and leverage your skills for fair compensation. Health benefits are good and comparable to other industry giants like Aramark and Sodexo. Paid time off (includes vacation, holidays, sick time) starts at 25 days per year for salaried exempt employees. Regional support is nice to have for general questions, but not as helpful for completing tasks on-site. Wellness programs for residents are well put together, although the expectation that you MUST incorporate all programs puts unwarranted stress on already stressed practitioners.

Cons

Dietitians, Chefs, and some Directors are run into the ground. Work/Life balance is a joke, with the average work week closer to around 55 hours. No paid parental leave policy. May take FMLA, but they make you jump through extensive hoops. There are many "resources" for mental health and wellness but they focus on the corporate setting & office workers, neglecting those working in the field. No Tuition Reimbursement. Used to have a fair reimbursement for dietitians but this has been discontinued due to the pandemic.

Morrison Living Response

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We value your work as an associate and appreciate the feedback to help us improve the experience of being a part of Morrison Living. Thank you.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I enjoy working here but there’s poor work/life balance

Aug 26, 2021 - Cook
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO days, Health Insurance, Salary

Cons

Poor work life balance/ No weekends off

2 people found this review helpful

Morrison Living Response

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We value the time spent with us as an associate and are taking your feedback into consideration to improve the employee experience. Thank you for being a part of Morrison Living!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible environment for women and IPOC.

Sep 10, 2021 - Clinical Nutrition Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a white man, you will be promoted far beyond what you actually deserve based on your qualifications. You will also enjoy the privilege of being able to sexually harass your coworkers and discriminate against people without having to face any negative consequences for your actions.

Cons

The environment is incredibly toxic and the ‘leadership’ is incompetent. Women are paid less than men and expected to carry a larger share of tasks. Men in leadership roles often yell, use profanity and derogatory statements as a means of ‘leading’ and are allowed to be unprofessional and belligerent as long as it’s not in front of the client.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Ok Job

Aug 19, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Salary is decent and the work life balance is good.

Cons

Communication, training, and support are minimal The benefits are not great at all.

Morrison Living Response

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a part of the Morrison Living family.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hit or Miss

Aug 11, 2021 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees to work for Working with residents is a great experience Decent benefits

Cons

Management is a huge hit or miss with this company. I've seen on this page that they respond saying to "reach out to your HR" but I was never introduced to who our HR was. It's kind of a joke. Who do I reach out to when there was no one to go to? And if I asked my boss or further up, it was always met with a "Why can't we handle it amongst ourselves?" I dealt with so much unethical workplace violations and harassment and never had anyone to speak to unless it was our regional director, which IS NOT HR. And she/he was close to my boss, so that made no situation better, especially when we shared walls and it was quite obvious to hear what they were gossiping about. I experienced incredibly uneducated and incompetent directors who couldn't even write emails that it was difficult to do my job. And the hypocrisy was through the roof. Ask to take a day off for the first time in 18 months? They aren't sure. Why? Oh, that's right. Because they're taking their third vacation of the year next week. No work-life balance for managers dealing with terrible bosses.

1 person found this review helpful

Morrison Living Response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you'd like to get in touch with HR support, you can call or email One HR at 877‐311‐HRHR (4747) or send an email to HRServiceCenter@compass-usa.com. Thank you.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good starter job

Jun 30, 2021 - Dietitian in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to transfer after 18 months

Cons

Lower pay (pay is more for those just graduating and finding a job)

Morrison Living Response

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. We are thankful for employees like you that share our values! Thank you for all the work that you do at Morrison Living.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Jun 10, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate about treating their people and seniors well

Cons

None I can think of

Morrison Living Response

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review. We’re so happy that you enjoyed your experience with Morrison Living and share our values and mission. We wish you luck in your future endeavors and thank you for the time you spent with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews